⚽️⚽️Women’s preview vs ND⚽️⚽️

winloseortie

Feb 21, 2007
columbia
Time Friday 6pm at the graveyard
TV ESPN+
ND is unranked
Record 11-7-2 ACC 4-4-2
Record vs tournament teams 3-7-2 wins at St. Louis x2 Michigan. Ties with Louisville and Duke. The ties were probably their best results.
RPI 34
Matchup earlier this year
We won 2-1. ND is an aggressive pressing team and had the best of the first 35 minutes. Our depth and fitness took from that point forward. Riley Tanner with a very clever cut just inside the box drew a penalty kick. Anna Patten took the PK and with a stutter step faked the GK and totally crushed it. Zullo scored a nice goal off an assist by Griffiths in the second half.
ND only got three shots off in the last 52 minutes of the match. Two in the last 5 minutes of the match when they pushed everybody into the attack except the keeper. It was an odd goal. The shot was from the right center just inside the 18. It somehow sliced through about 8 players and found the net. Mikayla was shielded and never saw the shot.

What to expect
They have played here already this season and have run the gauntlet in the ACC. They won’t be intimidated and have seen. They are a good team and will press hard. IF they get a goal early they will become even tougher. They do not have real primary threat but have have four players with at least 4 goals
We have an advantage in speed, depth, and fitness. If form holds we should control the last 15 of the first half and the second half.

I thoroughly enjoyed the SECCG! I wish we were on a regular channel, but I will find real-time scoring somewhere. My first stop will be NCAA.com. I will report back on THIS thread where I found it.

I thoroughly enjoyed the SECCG! I wish we were on a regular channel, but I will find real-time scoring somewhere. My first stop will be NCAA.com. I will report back on THIS thread where I found it.
Yep, NCAA.com will provide real-time scoring, possibly video.

Couple of further notes. ND has been rotating their GKs and both have been... shall we say inconsistent.
They had 6 field players play over 80 minutes and another play 75 in their 1st round game. Only three subs played any significant minutes. Their subs are stealing minutes for the starters to rest.,
By contrast we use about 10 subs and all are capable. In fact at least four of the subs are faster than the girls they replace. Our bench has been a weapon all year. Riley Tanner, Claire Griffiths, Sam Chang, Cam Dixon and Paige Mikula would all start on over half the teams in the SEC. No egos, no whining just work their tails off.
This is a group of young women who function as a team and this has been true for the last six years. Team leaders hold everybody accountable to do their work BUT on the sidelines in pregame they are smiles, happy, dancing, and the most chill group you will see.

Last note for possible elite 8 matchup. UVA lost their GK in the first round game. Girl launched herself at the keeper with her shoulder and broke her jaw. Video made me wince. Would have flagged for targeting in FB but no penalty was even called. Should have been a red card.

Last edited:

IT'S @NCAASoccer Tournament GAME DAY! Come out and experience an unforgettable night at Stone Stadium!

⏰: 6 p.m.
: Columbia, S.C.
️: Stone Stadium
#⃣: #Gamecocks
: https://www.espn.com/watch?id=bb389230-6548-4ca9-9db5-142665335d16
: https://www.ncaa.com/game/3908901
: https://gamecocksonline.com/news/20...ared-up-for-ncaa-tournament-second-round.aspx

Who is our Goalie? She didnt give up a goal in the SEC tourney. Plus the other players on defense has been great too of course.

Who is our Goalie? She didnt give up a goal in the SEC tourney. Plus the other players on defense has been great too of course.
Mikayla Krzeczowski, who had her 15th shutout this season to tie the school record set by Mollie Patton. It was her 49th career shutout which is the third most shutouts in NCAA history. We have only given up 7 goals in 22 matches for a goals against average of .30 which is second in the country
Also Grace Fisk is one central defender. She has been the three time SEC defender of the year and the captain of the English U21 national team. The other central defender is Anna Patten, all SEC, and was recently called up to the Senior English National team. There is a distinct probability they will be starting for England at the next World Cup

Last edited:
And while Arkansas dominates the first team All-SEC and gets the coach and freshman of the year, they get bounced in the second round by NC State as USC rolls along. Go Cocks.

Reactions: king ward
Mikayla Krzeczowski, who had her 15th shutout this season to tie the school record set by Mollie Patton. It was her 49th career shutout which is the third most shutouts in NCAA history. We have only given up 7 goals in 22 matches for a goals against average of .30 which is second in the country
Also Grace Fisk is one central defender. She has been the three time SEC defender of the year and the captain of the English U21 national team. The other central defender is Anna Patten, all SEC, and was recently called up to the Senior English National team. There is a distinct probability they will be starting for England at the next World Cup

That would be crazy. Two alumnae on the England side.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT