ADVERTISEMENT

11-1 and lose to taters or 1-11 and beat taters?

Please please tell me you're joking right? This can't really be a legitimate question. Then again I wouldn't put it past some saying 1-11 as long as we beat Clemson. That seems to be the mindset around here with a lot of fans. The I don't care what we do as long as we beat Clemson crowd.

Which do you choose?
LOL if we are 11-0 heading into the clemson game after the schedule we play then the CU game will be over by halftime. But to play along and answer the question I will take 11-1 since we have won 5 of the last 6 vs the taters it's time to try to achieve something greater than just beating the fighting dabo's.

Please please tell me you're joking right? This can't really be a legitimate question. Then again I wouldn't put it past some saying 1-11 as long as we beat Clemson. That seems to be the mindset around here with a lot of fans. The I don't care what we do as long as we beat Clemson crowd.
While I agree with your sentiment, I'd rather be 10-1 going into that game if we have to lose. I'd rather go 10-2 with a loss to Clemson than 11-1 with a loss to Clemson.

Reactions: nikolas22
While I agree with your sentiment, I'd rather be 10-1 going into that game if we have to lose. I'd rather go 10-2 with a loss to Clemson than 11-1 with a loss to Clemson.

Excellent point!

Lose to clemson and it is not a good year regardless of the record. Beat CU

I hate these types of questions.

Logic says to go with the 11-1 because you are playing in the SEC Championship game the following week for a shot at the play-offs. Plus we might even get a chance at redemption against Clemson (assume they would have to be pretty good to beat us if we are 11-0). At the same time, how could I knowingly choose for us to lose to Clemson? Sounds like Gamecock heresy to me.

11-1 and loss to clemson, which would mean 8-0 in SEC play and a chance to play for the SEC champsionship and MAYBE the CFP, but depends on if clemson is high enough ranked with a close loss. Sorry, as much as I hate losing to Clemson, I'd rather lose to them and win an SEC Championship; however, tater logic would mean that if we were to go 11-1, lose to them, win the SEC title and go on to win the NC, they'd crown themselves the true national champs with that win.

If we beat the Jay Hawks just once in hoops

&

finish dead last in the conference

then

it is (still) a memorable season for us!
CHAMPS001_zps6db155a3.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT