ADVERTISEMENT

ACC AFFILIATION UNDERMINES CLEMSON’S ODDS TO MAKE THE COLLEGE FOOTBALL PLAYOFF

I'm not saying Clemson would definitely run the table if we had Alabama's schedule, but look at the schedule and tell me which games are definite losses.

Wisconsin (neutral site) - This could be a tough one but Wisconsin is not the team everyone thought they may be. They are currently 6-2 with no good wins and are unranked.
Middle Tennessee (home) - Clemson wins easily
Ole Miss (home) - Memphis says this is not such a tough game
UL Monroe (home) - Clemson wins easily
Georgia (away) - UGA has no quarterback. Ask GT how a team that cannot throw would fair against Clemson.
Arkansas (home) - Toledo says this is an easy game.
TAMU (away) - The Ole Miss D that couldn't stop Memphis shut this team down. Why couldn't Clemson?
Tennessee (home) - UT has not beaten a single good team this year. That's right, UGA is not a good team.
LSU (Home) - Tough game that could be won or lost. LSU can run and plays good D. The benefit is Bama gets them at home. Much like Clemson vs. ND. 2 top 10 teams and the home team probably has the slight advantage.
Miss State (away) - have not beaten a single good team all year.
Charleston Southern (home) - Clemson wins easily
Auburn (away) - Auburn is terrible.

I am not arguing that Clemson would definitely go undefeated with that schedule, but show me 1 team on that list that Clemson is not capable of beating on a single night. Bama plays 1 top 10 team all year (Ole Miss is a fraud and Memphis proved it) in LSU. Clemson played a top 10 team in Notre Dame. Both teams play those games at home.

Bama plays 3 teams on the entire schedule that are currently ranked in the AP poll. LSU is #4, Ole Miss is #19, and Miss State is #25. Clemson plays 2 teams currently ranked in the AP poll. ND is #9 and FSU is #17.

I agree Bama's SOS is tougher than Clemson's overall, but I also believe Clemson would have a shot to go undefeated with their schedule.
Georgia, Probably Ole Miss, Ole Miss would be favored LSU for sure, and would probably lose at Starkville, are you kidding me??

Then go by VEGAS and I guarantee (You say couldnt possibly beat, there is a difference) Vegas would have Three maybe four of these as Clemson underdog..
and as far as Could not possibly beat, what do you mean by that?? Anyone could possibly beat anyone, that is why they play the games!

Georgia, Probably Ole miss favored LSU for sure, and would maybe at Starkville, are you kidding me??

Give me a good football reason why Georgia and Ole Miss would be favored to beat Clemson. Take the garnet glasses off and look for a good reason. Georgia can't throw the ball. OIe Miss can't defend a spread team that can throw and pass. Just ask Memphis.

LSU would be a very tough game, but so was Notre Dame. The home team usually pulls games like this out which is what Clemson did against ND and what I expect Bama to do against LSU.

Then go by VEGAS and I guarantee (You say couldnt possibly beat, there is a difference) Vegas would have Three maybe four of these as Clemson underdog..
and as far as Could not possibly beat, what do you mean by that?? Anyone could possibly beat anyone, that is why they play the games!

Clemson is currently #3 in the nation, like it or not. What 3, maybe 4 games would Clemson be an underdog in? I'll give you LSU since Clemson was a slight underdog or pick'em against ND at Clemson.

Clemson is currently #3 in the nation, like it or not. What 3, maybe 4 games would Clemson be an underdog in? I'll give you LSU since Clemson was a slight underdog or pick'em against ND at Clemson.
A good Football reason?? What?? Since they dont have any common opponents yet, neither of us can say for sure, I am using garnet colored SANE glasses, You have to be kidding (or Blinded by Orange Dabo Kool Aid) if you think clemson could play Wisconsin (neutral sight) Ole Miss, At Georgia (we saw how that went last time you were there, they hung 45 on you) Arkansas, at Texas A&M, Tennessee, LSU, @ Miss st and Auburn and not lose a single game.. You truly are brainwashed..

A good Football reason?? What?? Since they dont have any common opponents yet, neither of us can say for sure, I am using garnet colored SANE glasses, You have to be kidding (or Blinded by Orange Dabo Kool Aid) if you think clemson could play Wisconsin (neutral sight) Ole Miss, At Georgia (we saw how that went last time you were there, they hung 45 on you) Arkansas, at Texas A&M, Tennessee, LSU, @ Miss st and Auburn and not lose a single game.. You truly are brainwashed..

I am not saying they would, but I am definitely saying Clemson could. I have not seen a single team on that list you mention that Clemson would have a good shot to beat. In fact, Clemson would be favored over all of those listed teams with the possible exception of LSU. Again I ask, which 3-4 teams on your list would Vegas list as a favorite over Clemson?

I am not saying they would, but I am definitely saying Clemson could. I have not seen a single team on that list you mention that Clemson would have a good shot to beat. In fact, Clemson would be favored over all of those listed teams with the possible exception of LSU. Again I ask, which 3-4 teams on your list would Vegas list as a favorite over Clemson?
I guess you cant argue with a Crazy Man, you did get one sentence correct..

But for them to beat them all..... NO CHANCE (IMO) but then again that is why you play them.. I dont think Clemson will go undefeated this year with their own miserable schedule.. Or are you saying FSU, NC State and South Carolina has NO CHANCE at beating Clemson??

Dear SEC homers,

The amount of delusion on this particular thread is absolutely astounding. Puffing chests, screaming the SEC agenda/propaganda and expecting fact to be made where there is no supporting evidence, will get you and the South Carolina Gamecocks no closer to being great. The SEC HAS BEEN a very tough force over the last decade and no one will ever deny that. Now, however, they are more of a rough farce than anything. There hasn't been much leading anyone, other than those who refuse to see it and hold on to their past "glory days" mentality, to believe that the SEC is the best conference. The wins just aren't there. Put down your pitchforks and use your eyes for a second. Follow the teams and look at their margins of victory and stats. It's not there. Period. Talk about it after all the games are played and WHEN the SEC is on the sideline, we will see how this conversation holds its relevance.

In all honesty, it's very hard to look at things objectively, but PLEASE stop making the South Carolina football fans look ignorant by posting such crude drivel on a well respected source of information. I am so tired of hearing how all "South Carolina" fans are SEC homers. Honestly though, I don't blame anyone for thinking that after reading threads like this. South Carolina will never be an elite football team if all of its "fans" ride the coattails of the SEC every single season. Ask LSU/Ole Miss/Florida/Georgia/Alabama/etc. what other team they root for in the SEC to make the SEC look good. Think they are hoping the other makes it to the playoffs? If you answered "yes" to this question, then I am over you and your SEC fandom.

Sincerely,
BillyBruh

A disillusioned Clemson fan is the one that said they would go undefeated with Alabama's schedule (RFLMAO). The original question was..
"if they go undefeated, will they get into the College Football Playoff, I said Yes.. would they be one of the top four in the country, I said (IMO) NO!! I will stand by that... Go back to your tiger rag.. Billy Boy..

Dear SEC homers,

The amount of delusion on this particular thread is absolutely astounding. Puffing chests, screaming the SEC agenda/propaganda and expecting fact to be made where there is no supporting evidence, will get you and the South Carolina Gamecocks no closer to being great. The SEC HAS BEEN a very tough force over the last decade and no one will ever deny that. Now, however, they are more of a rough farce than anything. There hasn't been much leading anyone, other than those who refuse to see it and hold on to their past "glory days" mentality, to believe that the SEC is the best conference. The wins just aren't there. Put down your pitchforks and use your eyes for a second. Follow the teams and look at their margins of victory and stats. It's not there. Period. Talk about it after all the games are played and WHEN the SEC is on the sideline, we will see how this conversation holds its relevance.

In all honesty, it's very hard to look at things objectively, but PLEASE stop making the South Carolina football fans look ignorant by posting such crude drivel on a well respected source of information. I am so tired of hearing how all "South Carolina" fans are SEC homers. Honestly though, I don't blame anyone for thinking that after reading threads like this. South Carolina will never be an elite football team if all of its "fans" ride the coattails of the SEC every single season. Ask LSU/Ole Miss/Florida/Georgia/Alabama/etc. what other team they root for in the SEC to make the SEC look good. Think they are hoping the other makes it to the playoffs? If you answered "yes" to this question, then I am over you and your SEC fandom.

Sincerely,
BillyBruh

And thanks for the SEC Homers, title. We are proud of it..

A disillusioned Clemson fan is the one that said they would go undefeated with Alabama's schedule (RFLMAO). The original question was..
"if they go undefeated, will they get into the College Football Playoff, I said Yes.. would they be one of the top four in the country, I said (IMO) NO!! I will stand by that... Go back to your tiger rag.. Billy Boy..

Actually, I said nothing of the sort. I said (repeatedly in fact) that I would not say Clemson WOULD go undefeated with Bama's schedule. I did say, however, that Clemson could. I don't say this in the "pipe dream" context, but in the context that Clemson has just as good of a shot to go undefeated with that schedule as Alabama did at the beginning of the year. We can agree to disagree there as I am sure we will not come to the same conclusion.

I am also confused as to how you think Clemson would make the playoff if they go undefeated but would not be in the top 4 in the country. By definition, the 4 playoff teams are the top 4 teams in the country, at least according to the people that matter.

2 of Clemson's 7 wins are over App State and Wofford and will drag down your rankings if other unexpected teams continue to win.
Two Clemson dumbasses trying to earn respect on their rivals message board is comical.

Penn State is 5-2 with 2 losses to Ohio State and you guessed it, Temple. Temple held Penn State to 10 points and 183 yards. They defended Penn State better than Ohio State and you don't need me to tell you this, you can Google the match ups and check the data for yourself. Penn State is also 3rd place in their division behind undefeated Ohio State and Michigan State with 1 conference defeat.

There is a reason Notre Dame ran away from playing Big 10 teams in football to start playing more football games against sorry ass ACC competition.

Yes...If Temple beats Notre Dame (Gameday selected to be in Philadelphia this weekend for a reason) and wins out against 3 other undefeated teams remaining on their schedule, they will jump Clemson.

Last edited:
Reactions: cockofdawn
Actually, I said nothing of the sort. I said (repeatedly in fact) that I would not say Clemson WOULD go undefeated with Bama's schedule. I did say, however, that Clemson could. I don't say this in the "pipe dream" context, but in the context that Clemson has just as good of a shot to go undefeated with that schedule as Alabama did at the beginning of the year. We can agree to disagree there as I am sure we will not come to the same conclusion.

I am also confused as to how you think Clemson would make the playoff if they go undefeated but would not be in the top 4 in the country. By definition, the 4 playoff teams are the top 4 teams in the country, at least according to the people that matter.
I said IN MY OPINION Clemson would not be one of the best four in the country, The committee would be in a sticky situation and would HAVE to take Clemson.. That is what I meant. I am saying it now, even after the impressive win against Miami, at a neutral sight Bama beats Clemson handily.. (Again, My opinion only)

2 of Clemson's 7 wins are over App State and Wofford and will drag down your rankings if other unexpected teams continue to win.

Two Clemson dumbasses trying to earn respect on their rivals message board is comical.

Penn State is 5-2 with 2 losses to Ohio State and you guessed it, Temple. Temple held Penn State to 10 points and 183 yards. They defended Penn State better than Ohio State and you don't need me to tell you this, you can Google the match ups and check the data for yourself. Penn State is also 3rd place in their division behind undefeated Ohio State and Michigan State with 1 conference defeat.

There is a reason Notre Dame ran away from playing Big 10 teams in football to start playing more football games against sorry ass ACC competition.

Yes...If Temple beats Notre Dame (Gameday selected to be in Philadelphia this weekend for a reason) and wins out against 3 other undefeated teams remaining on their schedule, they will jump Clemson.
if they beat them by more than 2 little points after a botched 2 point conversion attempt.. I agree, they should..

2 of Clemson's 7 wins are over App State and Wof

Don't look now, but App State hasn't lost a game since losing to Clemson. They will likely finish the year with only 1 loss and inside the top 25.

In fact, here are a list of some school currently ranked below App State in the Football Power rankings poll that ranks all 128 schools.

#40 - App State
#52- Tennessee
#53- Missouri
#55- Kentucky
#86 - South Carolina
#94- Vandy

Temple is a 10 point underdog for a reason.

Also App State will finish the year 11-1. I do not see that win hurting us one bit.

App State will be ranked and bowling.

You are applying wishful thinking as well as a complete misunderstanding about how the playoff committee actually functions. They aren't Congress and they don't have multiple year-round sessions. The playoff committee doesn't care if the Big 12 whines about their one loss team not getting in over an undefeated P5 team. You're blinded by your disdain for Clemson. The college football world will implode the day an undefeated P5 team is left out in lieu of a one-loss team. It's just a fact, and no amount of foot-stomping will change it. Not by Bama, or TCU, or the "lobbyists" you created.

Actually, I am not at all blinded at all by any bias against Clemp. In fact, I am relying specifically on the Committee's own published set of guidelines, which was quoted in the original post:

Among the many factors the committee members consider are win-loss record,strength of schedule, head-to-head results, comparison of results against common opponents and conference championships won​
College Football Playoff Committee FAQs

I am just pointing out the obvious. The ACC is having a huge down year in their non conference game performance and that poor performance is going to hurt Clemson's chances. I am not saying anything outlandish here at all.

Don't look now, but App State hasn't lost a game since losing to Clemson. They will likely finish the year with only 1 loss and inside the top 25.

In fact, here are a list of some school currently ranked below App State in the Football Power rankings poll that ranks all 128 schools.

#40 - App State
#52- Tennessee
#53- Missouri
#55- Kentucky
#86 - South Carolina
#94- Vandy
Neither HAS UNC, , neither has Northwestern High School.. so what is your point??

Neither HAS UNC, , neither has Northwestern High School.. so what is your point??

My point is that App state is not a typically weak OOC team used to boost the win total. They are actually a legit win.

At the end of the year, our SOS will actually be hurt more by playing South Carolina than it was by playing App State.

My point is that App state is not a typically weak OOC team used to boost the win total. They are actually a legit win.

At the end of the year, our SOS will actually be hurt more by playing South Carolina than it was by playing App State.
If you get UNC, good luck, I dont think Clemson can beat UNC (just my Opinion)..

If you get UNC, good luck, I dont think Clemson can beat UNC (just my Opinion)..

You know good and well if Clemson won out then beat a SEC opponent in the playoff and then won the national championship you would still down play it. It's okay to be that loyal to our Gamecocks but don't try to say it's a unbiased opinion cause clearly it's not. Especially when you say they couldn't beat UNC

You know good and well if Clemson won out then beat a SEC opponent in the playoff and then won the national championship you would still down play it. It's okay to be that loyal to our Gamecocks but don't try to say it's a unbiased opinion cause clearly it's not. Especially when you say they couldn't beat UNC

I said I dont think they can beat UNC, from what I have seen UNC is probably the second (if not best) team in the ACC..., we will see about that one, and Yes, If Clemson runs the table, beats a UNC in the ACC "Championship" then wins two more games, one against the SEC Champ.. Nope, I would give them credit, I would say they deserved the National Championship... but for them to say they could go undefeated with playing the same schedule Bama plays, I will never agree to that!!!

Wow...Clemson fans pick apart Penn State's and Temple's schedule and praises Appalachian State's as the difference maker that will push them over the top and
into the playoff over AAC conference
undefeated teams. The funniest part is Louisville is 2 years removed from that conference and nearly beat there ass twice as a new member in the ACC. What a bunch of idiots.

Last edited:
I said I dont think they can beat UNC, from what I have seen UNC is probably the second (if not best) team in the ACC..., we will see about that one, and Yes, If Clemson runs the table, beats a UNC in the ACC "Championship" then wins two more games, one against the SEC Champ.. Nope, I would give them credit, I would say they deserved the National Championship... but for them to say they could go undefeated with playing the same schedule Bama plays, I will never agree to that!!!

What makes you think UNC would beat Clemson. Clemson handled them last season and they are a more complete team this season. I see that being a two TD game at best in favor of Clemson. Fact is right now Clemson is one of the most complete teams in the nation and its why they are rated as high as they are.

They are not one dimensional, if someone tries to take away the run they can throw the ball if someone tries to take away the pass they have shown they can run the ball whic is a surprise with the patchwork OL they have. There defense has looked really good this season. Fact is so far they look like one of the most complete teams in football this season and they are playing with confidence which is a big thing in college.

So I hate to say it but they look like they are a top 5 team this season and they look to have a seat at the table at the end of the year which is all any team can ask for cause you never know who will get hot at the right time.

banner-clemson.png

Hypothetically, it is still possible for Clemson to end the 2015 football season as an undefeated ACC Champion. They certainly have the schedule to make it happen. But even if Clemson does win out, they still do not have a slam-dunk, automatic invitation into the college football playoffs.

Clemson’s chances depend much upon how the cookie crumbles elsewhere. There are five Power 5 Conferences and only four slots in the playoff. In the end, Clemson must prove themselves better than the worst champion from one of the other Power5 conferences. It remains an open question whether an undefeated Clemson could unseat a one-loss champion from any other Power5 Conference.

Because one team is undefeated does not a guarantee make. A team’s won loss record is only one factor. There are others.

Among the many factors the committee members consider are win-loss record,strength of schedule, head-to-head results, comparison of results against common opponents and conference championships won
College Football Playoff Committee FAQs

Clemson’s affiliation with the ACC is a heavy anchor that may drag the Tigers down. The ACC’s 2015 out of conference performance (31-13) is dismal. Against FBS teams their record is just 16-13. Most of the ACC victories are against Sun Belt or MAC teams. They are just a 3-8 against other Power 5 teams. Indeed, two of the ACC’s best teams (UNC and Louisville) lost to two of the SEC’s worst (South Carolina and Auburn). The ACC’s overall non-conference record is by far the worst of any Power 5 Conference.

conference-stats.png

http://www.colleyrankings.com/foot2015/rankings/conf04.html

That conference affiliation is a definite factor the Committee must consider.

The ACC can still right the ship at the end of the season when non-conference play resumes. Georgia Tech, Florida State, Louisville, and Clemson all play SEC teams at the end of the season. If the ACC can repeat the 2014 season, then Clemson’s chances to make the playoffs will increase substantially. But if they perform as they do most years, then Clemson’s chances will sink even further.

The ACC’s poor out of conference record argues strongly against admitting an ACC Champion over one of the other four conference champions. An ACC team’s undefeated record is bolstered hugely by playing weak ACC conference games. Going undefeated against ACC competition is not even in the same ball park as making it through an SEC schedule with only one loss. The strength of schedule argument means that an undefeated ACC team should not be picked over a one-loss SEC champion. The other conferences, except maybe the Big 10, which is just 3-4 against ACC teams, can make similar cases.

Of course, Clemson has no shot at the playoffs if they lose to a disappointing South Carolina team on the road in Columbia. Beating the Gamecocks in Columbia is something no Clemson team has done since 2007 when Clemson eked out a narrow 23-21 win.
One point you did not make, and I think is very, very important and probably will be the big thing in the selection. Last year the Big 12 was left out....I don't think it will happen again, two years in a row, especially if another Big 12 goes undefeated...the SEC is a sure, even with a 1 loss team, Ohio State has no competition in the Big 10....and Stanford, if they win out, based on their SOS will be in...so that leaves Clemsux on the doorsteps looking in....but they will get a New Year's Day bowl like TCU last year...lol...

One point you did not make, and I think is very, very important and probably will be the big thing in the selection. Last year the Big 12 was left out....I don't think it will happen again, two years in a row, especially if another Big 12 goes undefeated...the SEC is a sure, even with a 1 loss team, Ohio State has no competition in the Big 10....and Stanford, if they win out, based on their SOS will be in...so that leaves Clemsux on the doorsteps looking in....but they will get a New Year's Day bowl like TCU last year...lol...

If Clemson goes undefeated no 1 loss team will jump them. They are in if they go undefeated.

No Big 12 team went undefeated last year. And no, Bama will absolutely not jump an undefeated Clemson team. That's just wishful thinking.

T
No Big 12 team went undefeated last year. And no, Bama will absolutely not jump an undefeated Clemson team. That's just wishful thinking.
The SEC has more fans than any conference in college football. The playoff will take a 1 loss Alabama, Florida, or LSU just for the viewers and fans in the stadium....

T

The SEC has more fans than any conference in college football. The playoff will take a 1 loss Alabama, Florida, or LSU just for the viewers and fans in the stadium....
You are literally insane. Or your troll game is on 10. Either way, nice work.

A 1 loss Bama team will only make the playoff if they also win the SEC. If Ole Miss continues to win and wins the SEC with 2 losses, the SEC will indeed be left out of the playoff. The committee could not justify putting a 1 loss team into the playoff that did not even win their half of the division while leaving out the conference champion that beat the 1 loss team head to head.

I, for one, really hope this scenario comes about and not because of a hatred for the SEC. I think the immediate fallout would be to move the playoff from 4 to 8 teams. That way each Power 5 champion makes it into the mix and you can have 3 at large teams. This way teams like Bama, Memphis, Notre Dame, etc. that would not be conference champions of a power 5 conference would still be in the mix.

Reactions: Matte Black
But for them to beat them all..... NO CHANCE (IMO) but then again that is why you play them.. I dont think Clemson will go undefeated this year with their own miserable schedule.. Or are you saying FSU, NC State and South Carolina has NO CHANCE at beating Clemson??
FSU has a chance but Clemson will have to play bad. The others Clemson should handle with ease

They are good but the fact is they have only played 3 teams and beat Louisville by 3 and ND by 2 at home and ND turned the ball over all night long.The ACC is why they will get in.
IMO if they played Bama on a natural field Bama would be favored by around 7.i would also think Bama would be favored ove every team accept maybe OSU and that would be close. To leave them out would be BS !
Who has Bama beat?

Who has Bama beat?

Someone please answer this man...since Gamecock Nation is a giant SEC homer...someone tell me and this guy who Alabama has beaten this season to justify them over anyone else.

As a matter of fact...Who has anyone beaten that makes their performance better than Clemson's???

Here is a list...
Ohio State
Alabama
Ole Miss
LSU
Stanford
Notre Dame
Michigan State
Baylor
TCU

That is just a short list, but someone PLEASE explain to me how any of these teams (in your f****d up minds) has a better resume than Clemson this season.

Good lord, this fan base is so screwed.

Reactions: 6MileTiger
If they run the table, Alabama will have beaten UT, Georgia, and all the other teams in the SEC West but Ole Miss. In non conference play, the defeated Wisconsin (6-2, 3-1). To win the championship, Bama will have to also have beaten the SEC East champion, odds on UF or UGA. Both UF and UGA play ACC teams at the end of the season so how those non conference games go could help or hurt Clemson indirectly vis a vis exposing the weakness of the ACC conference.

Maybe you think I'm delusional, but most people would agree that Alabama's record at the end may have far more quality wins than Clemson's potential list. Clemson needs to pray that it does not go head to head against a 1-loss Alabama for the final slot in the playoff.

If they run the table, Alabama will have beaten UT, Georgia, and all the other teams in the SEC West but Ole Miss. In non conference play, the defeated Wisconsin (6-2, 3-1). To win the championship, Bama will have to also have beaten the SEC East champion, odds on UF or UGA. Both UF and UGA play ACC teams at the end of the season so how those non conference games go could help or hurt Clemson indirectly vis a vis exposing the weakness of the ACC conference.

Maybe you think I'm delusional, but most people would agree that Alabama's record at the end may have far more quality wins than Clemson's potential list. Clemson needs to pray that it does not go head to head against a 1-loss Alabama for the final slot in the playoff.
No amount of Clemson prayers will erase Alabama's home loss to a mediocre Ole Miss team. Undefeated Alabama vs. undefeated Clemson? Sure. If Clemson goes undefeated? Alabama doesn't have a chance. It's not even a question. But by all means, keep debating it and rationalizing why it should happen. It sucks, but there is a very real chance that the SEC may not have a participant in the 4 team playoff this year.

Teams get screwed all the time for play off / tournament spots in NCAA play offs and tournaments. I see Clemson's strength of schedule as a liability that could have them on the outside of the final 4 even if they win out by a 1 loss SEC team (Alabama or Florida winning SEC championship) or an undefeated AAC conference team. Just how I see it since Clemson's schedule lacked the big opening game against a team like Auburn or Georgia this year.

Also, the playoff is about $$ and the SEC will not be excluded from it.

Teams get screwed all the time for play off / tournament spots in NCAA play offs and tournaments. I see Clemson's strength of schedule as a liability that could have them on the outside of the final 4 even if they win out by a 1 loss SEC team (Alabama or Florida winning SEC championship) or an undefeated AAC conference team. Just how I see it since Clemson's schedule lacked the big opening game against a team like Auburn or Georgia this year.

Also, the playoff is about $$ and the SEC will not be excluded from it.

I am just so dumbfounded. Once again, you are just stating they have no schedule with no explanation on everyone else's lack luster schedule. Why would Clemson be left out and not Ohio State? All said and done, BOTH schedules will have exactly 1 win vs top 10 teams. BOTH have a great opportunity to go undefeated. BOTH of them will have played in a conference arguably weaker than the others. Difference between the two is, Clemson has already played their hardest games. OSU hasn't.

Alabama has played zero teams worth a crap so far. They will have LSU and that's it (if they win that one). Ole Miss sucks. LSU > Notre Dame?? Bowl game last season tells me otherwise.

I'm sorry, but your logic (or lack thereof) is flawed. SEC isn't a shoo in anymore. Chant it all you want, but when the 1 loss SEC team is sitting home while Clemson is playing...please don't cry and wonder why because there are so many logical people telling you right now that it will happen IF Clemson somehow goes undefeated and Ole Miss wins the SEC.

I am just so dumbfounded. Once again, you are just stating they have no schedule with no explanation on everyone else's lack luster schedule. Why would Clemson be left out and not Ohio State? All said and done, BOTH schedules will have exactly 1 win vs top 10 teams. BOTH have a great opportunity to go undefeated. BOTH of them will have played in a conference arguably weaker than the others. Difference between the two is, Clemson has already played their hardest games. OSU hasn't.

Alabama has played zero teams worth a crap so far. They will have LSU and that's it (if they win that one). Ole Miss sucks. LSU > Notre Dame?? Bowl game last season tells me otherwise.

I'm sorry, but your logic (or lack thereof) is flawed. SEC isn't a shoo in anymore. Chant it all you want, but when the 1 loss SEC team is sitting home while Clemson is playing...please don't cry and wonder why because there are so many logical people telling you right now that it will happen IF Clemson somehow goes undefeated and Ole Miss wins the SEC.
Rankings at the end of the season are accurate. Rankings at the beginning of the season are biased.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT