ADVERTISEMENT

Aerial view of work around Williams Brice stadium.

Cola G'Cock

Apr 29, 2002
Columbia, SC
11201852_496698260479003_4307695820479177420_n.jpg

Great pic! If someone has a ground and/or air photo of the EAST side (Key Road) of W-B, please post. I rode by there Thursday. The new view of the stadium, without the old State/Record/ETV buildings blocking it is amazing - plus, they're landscaping the new Key Road parking lot across the street.

Eat yer heart out, Clemrons!

God bless the SEC!!!

Great pic! If someone has a ground and/or air photo of the EAST side (Key Road) of W-B, please post. I rode by there Thursday. The new view of the stadium, without the old State/Record/ETV buildings blocking it is amazing - plus, they're landscaping the new Key Road parking lot across the street.

Eat yer heart out, Clemrons!

God bless the SEC!!!
These are not great photos but the best I could find. (5/5/2015)
7739fbd902aeadc5b4ffc11c083d5a2b.jpg

979a318529d587cc901d71f67508cd54.jpg

5ffd1817de54e550eb80422206776501.jpg

f07c5bcd00ea02b002cd32859caed9ba.jpg

Thanks, for the East side pics, Cola G'Cock! The stadium area improvements over the past 5 years or so - I used to dream about them. Now, we've got 'em and more are on the way. Again, thank you for the pictures!

Thanks, for the East side pics, Cola G'Cock! The stadium area improvements over the past 5 years or so - I used to dream about them. Now, we've got 'em and more are on the way. Again, thank you for the pictures!
My pleasure!

I think the current work around the stadium is probably the biggest improvement since the adding of the upper decks. I am very excited about this upgrade and can't wait to see it.

Awesome pics! So great to see this happening! What an amazing transformation from just 10 years ago.

I, too, can't wait to see all of the improvements of WB when football season starts. The addition of Gamecock Park alone was a huge improvement and adds so much more to overall appearance and atmosphere.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brucifer
Once the area around Capital City Stadium is redeveloped, the stretch along Assembly Street to the stadium will look much better. Hopefully something will be done on the east side of George Rogers Blvd. where the RVs park.

Once the area around Capital City Stadium is redeveloped, the stretch along Assembly Street to the stadium will look much better. Hopefully something will be done on the east side of George Rogers Blvd. where the RVs park.

You're very observant. Only the most meticulous 'campus people' would take notice of such an item. Welcome to the 'fraternity'.

Nice pic. And as far as our stadium location goes, we honestly have one of the best setups in the country. I always laugh when I hear rival fans say stuff like, "your stadium is 10 miles away from campus." The stadium and Fairgrounds are just a mile or so from the old campus/Horseshoe/Russell House, and the campus has expanded so much (in all directions) that it's right at the stadium's doorsteps. Essentially, it's right next to campus, but not smack dab in the middle of campus. Thus, we have a great parking/traffic setup compared to other schools. True "off campus" stadiums are places like UCLA and Miami. Their stadiums are 20 or miles from their respective campuses. Go Cocks!

Nice pic. And as far as our stadium location goes, we honestly have one of the best setups in the country. I always laugh when I hear rival fans say stuff like, "your stadium is 10 miles away from campus." The stadium and Fairgrounds are just a mile or so from the old campus/Horseshoe/Russell House, and the campus has expanded so much (in all directions) that it's right at the stadium's doorsteps. Essentially, it's right next to campus, but not smack dab in the middle of campus. Thus, we have a great parking/traffic setup compared to other schools. True "off campus" stadiums are places like UCLA and Miami. Their stadiums are 20 or miles from their respective campuses. Go Cocks!

Moving away from the OB location was one of the worst mistakes they have ever made. Their attendance was average at best most years when they played at the OB. Now having to drive 25 minutes north has just made their attendance horrible.

It's stills looks very weak, compared to nice, on campus stadiums. That Olympia area and Rosewood, are probaly the worst and most dangerous areas of Columbia. Looks like an industrial wasteland.

It's stills looks very weak, compared to nice, on campus stadiums. That Olympia area and Rosewood, are probaly the worst and most dangerous areas of Columbia. Looks like an industrial wasteland.

Unlike Clemson, however, we don't have pig parlors and sheep barns upwind. Phew! Those windy days in Dung Valley are smelleeeee!

I have too.
I walked it one time. That's all it took. Too far and an ugly walk.

Doesn't really matter though. SOS and Co. quit after recruiting Clowney. We now look just like we did in the 1970s-80s. And, Clemp, UGA and others look like they did back in those days too. Welcome back to the past where we sold out the place only for the biggest games. Anyone willing to make that walk until they completely renovate the entire area gets what they deserve.

Everything you just said is wrong

Concockshon. Things look much better than they used to. Unrealistic to fix it all but anyone can see it looks much better than it did

Just curious but why does the turf on the field look dead compared to all the other grass around the area that is green?

Maybe it was top dressed with sand or something and just looks dead from the aerial shot....

If not its time for some sod and a sprinkler system.....

Everything you just said is wrong
I disagree. He's entitled to his opinion. I happen to agree with him too. Tell you what, though. Go Google aerial shots of University of Colorado's stadium, or UGA's stadium or even Clemp's. Then, look at an aerial of ours.

Last edited:
I disagree. He's entitled to his opinion. I happen to agree with him too. Tell you what, though. Go Google aerial shots of University of Colorado's stadium, or UGA's stadium or even Clemp's. Them look at an aerial of ours.

Next Google parking and traffic 1-2 hours after a ballgame at those places compared to ours.

Next Google parking and traffic 1-2 hours after a ballgame at those places compared to ours.
And you think the traffic in Cola after games is a piece of cake? How about when a train rolls through?

I'll take the scenery and setting over a commercial district everyday. Besides, if you're a student you walk back. If you're an alum you can stroll the campus and relive memories while traffic dies down. Everyone has their preferences.

You gotta admit CU Boulder is one beautiful setting.

If you know what you are doing, it is fairly easy to get away from W-B in a timely manner. This is not an option in Clemson. To say otherwise is just a blatant lie. Hard to fix geography my man. Maybe we should "build" some mountains. SMH

And you think the traffic in Cola after games is a piece of cake? How about when a train rolls through?

I'll take the scenery and setting over a commercial district everyday. Besides, if you're a student you walk back. If you're an alum you can stroll the campus and relive memories while traffic dies down. Everyone has their preferences.

You gotta admit CU Boulder is one beautiful setting.

Ehhh...

Mountains/shmountains
Memories /shmemories

Pretty to look at it and relive, but not helpful when trying to park my SUV a half-mile from Willy B loaded down with a full bar and tailgating supplies.

It still looks terrible. The above poster is right about aerial photos. It is just a lack of green that is the problem. Nothing but concrete.

Maybe I will care when I start watching the games from a blimp. Until then I will go by what I see on the ground. The improvements are great! Location is perfect also.

Reactions: SwampFox99
ADVERTISEMENT