ADVERTISEMENT

An honest question for all quempsum fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A freshman? Did he skip a year somewhere? I'm pretty sure he was a senior in Death Valley this year (the one where he was running for his life, much like Tajh in previous years).
Sorry, he was a redistrict freshman the year before. It was his first complete game in taterville and set records. And that was when Lattimore was injured. So Carolina beat clemsux with our backup QB (first complete game) and our 3rd string running back. Dang, clem does sux!!

Wait so I'm not allowed to have an opinion on a message board. the same ones calling me delusional are the one predicting that you all go 7 -0 at home. That is absolutely laughable. I would bet all the money in my bank account that that doesn't happen. What makes you think that you will smack us down this year? Because the same players on a god awful defense are a year older? Wow.

Sorry, he was a redistrict freshman the year before. It was his first complete game in taterville and set records. And that was when Lattimore was injured. So Carolina beat clemsux with our backup QB (first complete game) and our 3rd string running back. Dang, clem does sux!!
Clemson's defense was terrible in 2012, there's no denying that. So, the same QB, Dylan Thompson, got mauled in 2014, the most recent contest between the two teams being compared, and by a one-legged QB to boot. Is it safe to say that "Dang, USC does sux!!"? Or should we go to the history books, which apparently started precisely 6 years ago? Why not 5? Or 7? Is it because we pick the historical timeframe that best suits our argument? Why not go back to 2000? Or 1990? Or all time? Oh, right. Besides, the game I care most about is the one that does or doesn't give me bragging rights as a Clemson fan, i.e., the most recent one. Clemson currently has in-state bragging rights (and a fully recognized national championship, in keeping with the theme of the thread).

Now what?

Clemson's defense was terrible in 2012, there's no denying that. So, the same QB, Dylan Thompson, got mauled in 2014, the most recent contest between the two teams being compared, and by a one-legged QB to boot. Is it safe to say that "Dang, USC does sux!!"? Or should we go to the history books, which apparently started precisely 6 years ago? Why not 5? Or 7? Is it because we pick the historical timeframe that best suits our argument? Why not go back to 2000? Or 1990? Or all time? Oh, right. Besides, the game I care most about is the one that does or doesn't give me bragging rights as a Clemson fan, i.e., the most recent one. Clemson currently has in-state bragging rights (and a fully recognized national championship, in keeping with the theme of the thread).

Now what?
One game in 5 years, so ya. clem does sux!! your fully recognized national champ is tainted. If it wasnt, the NCAA & acc wouldnt have imposed their sanctions. y'all would cheat again (at that level) in a heartbeat if you thought you'd get something for it. you're proud of cheating.

Wait so I'm not allowed to have an opinion on a message board. the same ones calling me delusional are the one predicting that you all go 7 -0 at home. That is absolutely laughable. I would bet all the money in my bank account that that doesn't happen. What makes you think that you will smack us down this year? Because the same players on a god awful defense are a year older? Wow.
"I bet all the money...". yadda yadda yadda . whacked.

Now what?
So you want to read your history books. ok, clemsux beat carolina alot 100 years ago. What about clemsux history with every other SEC team? Losing record. but you want to pick & chose your history, too.

The big difference is this is a South Carolina Gamecock board. U think u are going to change anyone's mind about u're team or our team. Get real and go over to u're own damn board.

Reactions: Cocky kebo57
damn, I wanted to hear more about your luxurious vacations! :)

can't u respect that posters request? I think he stated it very clearly and you continue to make crude remarks about him. and another person makes smart ass remarks about his relatives beach house. both of y'all can the the hell off this site and stay the heck off for all we care.

Last edited:
So you want to read your history books. ok, clemsux beat carolina alot 100 years ago. What about clemsux history with every other SEC team? Losing record. but you want to pick & chose your history, too.

I wouldn't be boasting too much about our (South Carolina's)football record in the SEC....we have a 99-160-5 overall record against our fellow SEC teams. We have fared much better against the ACC posting a 121-112-6 overall record. If you add the records up against both conferences, we still have a sub-.500 team during our football history.

I wouldn't be boasting too much about our (South Carolina's)football record in the SEC....we have a 99-160-5 overall record against our fellow SEC teams. We have fared much better against the ACC posting a 121-112-6 overall record. If you add the records up against both conferences, we still have a sub-.500 team during our football history.

Don't worry bout it one post tater. only a tater would make a post like ur're

What's up with all the personal attacks? Not necessary.

It is fact that Clemson football won a National Championship in 1981 and was almost immediately found to have conducted massive cheating that allowed them to win the championship. Clemson clearly did not win the championship honestly and the school and their fans should take no pride in winning by cheating.

Clemson fans who defend this tainted title are showing their own lack of character and would do themselves well by saying nothing.

Freddie B. Cocky is a decent and good poster here who does not deserve these personal attacks just because he is pointing out the truth about what actually happened in 1981 with the tainted Clemson title.
aawwww! That's so eloquent

Yes- a little pride. Not full-blown pride but for a different reason.

Everyone was cheating back then and what we were caught for was really not that serious. If you knew what went on in the recruitment of Herschel Walker (UGA out-bid us) you'd laugh at the charges that were actually brought. And if you think your hands were any cleaner back then, you are either poorly connected or not very old.

No, my partial pride comes from the fact that the way the bowls were set up back then, we did not play the best team available in the bowl game that won it for us.

Big Geoge said the reason he came to Carolina was Carlen and USC were the ONLY school that did NOT make an illegal offer. that would include Clem and UGA

I'm happy to see that the world is back to spinning on it's axis and things are normal again. You're bragging about the SEC instead of your own team. Tangled up in coattails again. 100 years ago? Sure. And 80 years ago. And 60 and 40. And last year.

Clemson's history against most of the SEC is disappointing, but I do know what happened the last time we played Auburn. And LSU. And Tennessee. Clemson got walloped by UGA last year, but held serve at home the year before. Tommy Bowden got bent over by Bama, but I'm sure Dabo would like his shot at Saban. Dabo has a victory against every other active NCAA coach with a natty under his belt. I bet that irritates you.

Big Geoge said the reason he came to Carolina was Carlen and USC were the ONLY school that did NOT make an illegal offer. that would include Clem and UGA
Yes, we're all quite aware of what an upstanding, moral compass George Rogers is. He would certainly never do anything illegal. C'mon, seriously?

I'm happy to see that the world is back to spinning on it's axis and things are normal again. You're bragging about the SEC instead of your own team. Tangled up in coattails again. 100 years ago? Sure. And 80 years ago. And 60 and 40. And last year.

Clemson's history against most of the SEC is disappointing, but I do know what happened the last time we played Auburn. And LSU. And Tennessee. Clemson got walloped by UGA last year, but held serve at home the year before. Tommy Bowden got bent over by Bama, but I'm sure Dabo would like his shot at Saban. Dabo has a victory against every other active NCAA coach with a natty under his belt. I bet that irritates you.
Haha. so we're back to just last time you played those teams? And it's not most of the SEC. It's the entire SEC! clemsux has a losing record against every other team in the SEC but Carolina. And we play every year and until recently, Carolina diidnt put enough emphasis in sports. This is the new Carolina with the SEC $$$. But anyway, clemsux thinks they are just as good as the SEC, but we've beaten AL when they were #1. When's the last time clemsux did that? Oh, that's right. NEVER. Teams can win a game here & there, but try playing in it every weekend. And nobody believes dumbo wants anything of Saban. Remember last time clemsux played AL? That was fun to watch. Please play them again! dumbo has nothing intimidating. you cant be serious. Suck on....

Reactions: Cocky kebo57
Haha. so we're back to just last time you played those teams? And it's not most of the SEC. It's the entire SEC! clemsux has a losing record against every other team in the SEC but Carolina. And we play every year and until recently, Carolina diidnt put enough emphasis in sports. This is the new Carolina with the SEC $$$. But anyway, clemsux thinks they are just as good as the SEC, but we've beaten AL when they were #1. When's the last time clemsux did that? Oh, that's right. NEVER. Teams can win a game here & there, but try playing in it every weekend. And nobody believes dumbo wants anything of Saban. Remember last time clemsux played AL? That was fun to watch. Please play them again! dumbo has nothing intimidating. you cant be serious. Suck on....
Clemson has never played Arkansas, and thus, does not have a losing record against them. Your quote is incorrect. But I reckon if I had to pick a single team in the SEC to have a winning record against, I know which one it would be, even if that team's fans try to use an excuse such as "not taking sports seriously until recently". That's laughable. What happened last year? Not taking football seriously? What happens now? Has Spurrier gotten serious again? OH NO.

Here's the other thing that annoys me: it's how your fans shift criteria for their arguments. Did Clemson beat a ranked team last year, or not? Yes, they did, as Louisville was ranked when they came to Death Valley. "But Louisville didn't finish the season ranked, so it doesn't count!" That's fine, but apply that to your wins, too. Bama lost two more games that year, and finished a LOOOONG way from #1 in the country. It was clear they were not a very good team in 2010, particularly by Alabama standards. So which is it? The rank at the point you play them, or how they finish the season? Your choice, but apply your chosen methodology consistently.

And yes, after wins against Spurrier, Miles, Stoops, Fisher, and Meyer...I'm pretty sure Dabo isn't scared of Saban. He may beat him, he may not, but he'd love the chance to step on the field with Bama. It's only his alma mater, so I'm sure he wouldn't have his team ready for the game or anything. Here's to hoping that matchup happens sooner rather than later.

Reactions: jblanken64

What? I've seen absurd statements made on here before, but this one
takes the prize.

Sometimes some people put their mouth/key strokes in gear before their brain is engaged....classic example.

Last edited:
can't u respect that posters request? I think he stated it very clearly and you continue to make crude remarks about him. and another person makes smart ass remarks about his relatives beach house. both of y'all can the the hell off this site and stay the heck off for all we care.

Calm down man and have a sense of humor. Everyone says that these are Carolina boards and to get off. Well it's pretty interesting when 75% of the threads are about Clemson!

It is pretty hilarious that you brag about how Clemson has a losing SEC schools and then you admit that the only SEC school we have a winning record against is YOU. The sad part is you are proud of it!

I have asked many times and I actually really want to know. What makes you think you all will be exponentially better this year than last? And do you really think that recruiting rankings don't matter?

Making fun of someone for growing up underprivileged? Somehow that doesn't surprise me. Are you just upset that your recruiting rankings are on par with Marshall and Georgia Southern?

Oh yeah that's right, recruiting rankings don't matter

Ok folks, this thread has gotten way off track from the intended OP. Posters are making personal attacks towards me and in a couple of instances even my family. I have in turn retaliated, causing the thread to become something of a name calling and insulting contest. A couple of the comments I made have been hijacked and taken out of context, again resulting in name calling, insults and contemptuous rudeness.

I WILL NO LONGER PARTICIPATE IN THE THREAD UNLESS IT DEALS WITH THE OP.

Continuing the name calling, personal attacks is something I don't want to participate in and is not within the guidelines of the FGF.

In fact, I may or may not even click on the thread again because I think all sides of the OP have been covered.

Thank you.

Please come back Freddie !

I want to know the definition of "a man of means". What are the guidelines to be in that category? Also, wanted to know about your vacation that cost more than a home. Finally, I would like to know about your cousin's $500K ocean front vacation home.

Hey ESSOClub2 and LegalTiger, read the Criteria for the NCAA implementing the death penalty today.

Current criteria[edit]
The NCAA has always had the power to ban an institution from competing in a particular sport. However, in 1985, in response to rampant violations at several schools, the NCAA Council passed the "repeat violator" rule. The rule stipulates that if a second major violation occurs at any institution within five years of being on probation in the same sport or another sport, that institution can be barred from competing in the sport involved in the second violation for either one or two seasons. In cases of particularly egregious misconduct, a school can also be stripped of its right to vote at NCAA conventions for four years. The severity of the penalty led the media to dub it "the death penalty," and the nickname has persisted to this day.[2] However, if the NCAA finds a school has engaged in a "pattern of willful violations," it can look back to when the violations first occurred, even if they are outside the five-year window.[3] It also still has the power to ban a school from competing in a sport without any preliminaries in cases of particularly egregious violations. However, the "repeat violator" rule gave the Infractions Committees of the various NCAA divisions specific instances where they must either bar a school from competing or explain why they did not.

What have you got to say now? The death penalty for "repeat offenders is the new death penalty that I was referring to, which was implemented after the sanctions were levied against quempsum in 1982. There you have sports fans.

Below is the entire link for those that want to read it in it's entirety.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_penalty_(NCAA)
Clemson got 2yrs! Oh wow

So, was quempsum cheating a whole lot of just a little? And how do you know how much they were cheating? And how do you know about the bidding war for Walker, never of it myself.
Ask Walker he'll tell you. We bought him a car and they bought him a house LOL

Ok, ESSO2, since you know so much this is the death penalty that I was referring to.
It was for repeat offenders such as quempsum and SMU and was used for the first time against SUM.

The SMU case was the first modern "death penalty" - that is, the first one utilized under the "repeat violator" rule. It is the only modern death penalty handed down to a Division I school.
Below is the entire link I was referring to.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_penalty_(NCAA)

The above death penalty case if the one I was referring, to. So, there you have my friend.
I didn't see Clemson mentioned one time so what's your point?

Reactions: jblanken64
Man you Taters really know how to pollute a message board with your ignorance. I am amazed that we couldnt find you dolts during our 5 yr winning streak. Where were all of you?? The only exceptions are Legal and 4forCU. Everyone else wasnt around. I am pretty sure we know why. Most people have some respect when they come to other teams' message boards. Nobody expects you to kiss anybody's anus but the idiotic posts are maxed out. We need an automatic filter for when you exceed your allotment of idiotic posts, you are banned.

I believe the only idiotic posts I have seen on here are about how you all will go 7-0 at home this year as well as Dylan Thompson being an elite QB because he went 1-1 against Clemson.

I believe the only idiotic posts I have seen on here are about how you all will go 7-0 at home this year as well as Dylan Thompson being an elite QB because he went 1-1 against Clemson.

LMAO All the claims YOU have made about how you wont have much of a drop off on D etc. Get a clue. BTW I dont think we will go 7-0 and I dont think DT is/was an elite QB.

Please show me a post where I have said we won't have a drop off on defense!! Please stop making stuff up to validate your argument.

I am not going through 8 pages of posts to figure out who said what but it was said numerous times on this board. If it wasnt you it was one of your orange buddies.

Ask Walker he'll tell you. We bought him a car and they bought him a house LOL

I've never heard Walker or anyone else say that. So, I'm like FBC where is the proof? If Walker reall said that, then why didn't UGA get penalized by the NCAA? I don't believe it happened on UGA's part.

Last edited:
I didn't see Clemson mentioned one time so what's your point?

This is what I think the OP was trying to imply. The reason for the Death Penalty in 1985 for repeat offenders were for schools like Clemsux, I could be wrong with what he was trying to say. Heck, naturally the NCAA is not going to come out a name a specific school as the reason for the 1985 Death Penalty but Clemsux had just been punished by the NCAA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT