ADVERTISEMENT

..And we wonder why we have...

And from that list who were 1st round picks like the three I quoted other than Ingram? There were some decent players but our staff isn't getting the known talented guys like a lattimore, clowney, or gilmore from out of state. The only reason they had a shot with those guys was because they were in state players.

Exactly right, that's what I've been saying. We will never be able to recruit out of state and get the top notch recruits. Never will be able to recruit against Georgia, Bama, Auburn, Tenn or Florida and pull top players from those states. Another reason we will always be a team that fits in the middle of the SEC East, with a real good year here and there.

And from that list who were 1st round picks like the three I quoted other than Ingram? There were some decent players but our staff isn't getting the known talented guys like a lattimore, clowney, or gilmore from out of state. The only reason they had a shot with those guys was because they were in state players.

That doesn't answer the question though. How did they get those highly recruited guys to come here? Did they "fall in their lap"?

Reactions: Tigerof66
Well then basses, just go pull for another team. Your whining is old and irritating.

We get it....you don't like SOS. You would much rather us hire someone like Brad Scott so that we will be bottom tier of the SEC instead of middle of the pack with the occasional great year that you say is all we can have with SOS.

You talk so badly about SOS. Honestly, who can we REALISTICALLY hire as a head coach that is better than SOS?

Also basses, what has been our record against UT, UGA and UF over the past 5 years? I honestly don't know the answer but I bet it proves that even though "we cant recruit against those guys" we still manage to beat them.

I know UT has had our number for whatever reason but they haven't had the better team even though we have all these horrible, nobody wanted recruits.

Also basses, what has been our record against UT, UGA and UF over the past 5 years? I honestly don't know the answer but I bet it proves that even though "we cant recruit against those guys" we still manage to beat them.

I know UT has had our number for whatever reason but they haven't had the better team even though we have all these horrible, nobody wanted recruits.

I absolutely like Spurrier. He has done wonders for the program but he's just not into it. Wish he would stay 6 or 7 more years but show more determination. Can't do that job on a 9-5 schedule.

That doesn't answer the question though. How did they get those highly recruited guys to come here? Did they "fall in their lap"?

Sure they put some time in but they took advantage of that string of solid guys from in state. Don't get me wrong I love Spurrier and appreciate what he's done here. The thing is I see him playing golf all off season and by all indications he's pretty hands off on recruiting and I can't help but get irritated when you hear about studs like Nick chubb have interest in Carolina but for one reason or another they go somewher else where they get treated better. We really missed an opportunity last year to show sustained success but instead lackadaisical recruiting on the defense resulted in a down year. And the highest rated players in the 2015 class bolted. Palmer, fields, key, ect

My frustration comes from getting a taste of being a top level program and I am not seeing the effort from our staff on the recruiting trail to capitalize on that success. I don't want to go back to considering 7 win years a good season. I want to see this program be a contender every year, and I think with a coach who gives a shit about recruiting it could happen.

As for those players, some guys don't need the full court press. We are bound to get some highly rated guys but then again more than half of that list of yours were guys that never saw the starting line up. It's hard to say how a guy will turn out but if you use the NFL draft as a talent metric, we don't have the same level of player here even during our best years.

I absolutely like Spurrier. He has done wonders for the program but he's just not into it. Wish he would stay 6 or 7 more years but show more determination. Can't do that job on a 9-5 schedule.
How the hell do you know what his schedule is? You don't so give it a rest unless you have some facts to back it up.

SOS, Jr. did say about a week or so ago that the number of commits in the 2016 class wouldn't increase significantly until things begin to 'clear up' - or words to that effect. In other words, 'be patient and trust us'.
You got a link to this?

Ask that same question 4 years from now. Our best period in history with nothing to show for it. Sliding now. If you can't acknowledge it, that's your problem.

A lot of our four star players are on the low end, theirs a big difference between a high end 4 star and s 5.8 rated guy that barely gets a 4th: plus we can never get 5 star guys unless they grow up instate and comes from a pro South Carolina school or grows up a Gamecock fan.
The next few years could be a struggle. Our talent is down and losing our strength coach, and a few top defensive coaches has hurt our staff. Plus Beamer who was a good recruiter.

Ask that same question 4 years from now. Our best period in history with nothing to show for it. Sliding now. If you can't acknowledge it, that's your problem.
Yep nothing to show for it........SEC east title. 5 bowl wins against some of the best programs in the country. Beating UGA,UF,UT and Clemson more than they beat us. 6 of 9 against clemson.

Yep nothing to show for it........SEC east title. 5 bowl wins against some of the best programs in the country. Beating UGA,UF,UT and Clemson more than they beat us. 6 of 9 against clemson.

The entire point is that we are sliding down now. We are not the same anywhere on the field or in recruiting that we were then. We are headed down the same path that ole Lou took us down.

Heres what I do know. Hes the best football coach this University has ever seen and to question his methods is idiotic and laughable and shows a lack of football IQ.

No what's idiotic and laughable is the sunshine pumpers that think he walks on water and can't see the wreck that is coming our way. Every since he made the comment about not having to burn the mid night oil to coach (last summer), it has been visible to anyone that can think for themselves.

No what's idiotic and laughable is the sunshine pumpers that think he walks on water and can't see the wreck that is coming our way. Every since he made the comment about not having to burn the mid night oil to coach (last summer), it has been visible to anyone that can think for themselves.
You don't know what you are talking about. He's never been one to stay at the office and burn the midnight oil and that goes back to his Florida days. He doesn't have to. The only train wreck is having to listen to you people jumping off a cliff for no reason because we had a large group of players on Defense either graduate or leave early for the NFL after the 2014 season and put us behind a little. Spurrier isn't the one packing it in, its fans like you.

You don't know what you are talking about. He's never been one to stay at the office and burn the midnight oil and that goes back to his Florida days. He doesn't have to. The only train wreck is having to listen to you people jumping off a cliff for no reason because we had a large group of players on Defense either graduate or leave early for the NFL after the 2014 season and put us behind a little. Spurrier isn't the one packing it in, its fans like you.

you are right. im sure we will make the playoffs this year lol. At least win the SEC. Im sure Bama and Georgia would swap their team for ours in a second. We need to get serious about recruiting again and serious about coaching. I mean if one player cant tackle it is one thing. If half the team cant then the coaches need to put in more work.

I like to think of Spurrier as the super smart guy in school who never has to study, likes to brag about not having to study, and gets good grades. He's going to be very successful because he is smarter than everyone else, but he's not going to reach his potential and be the top guy because it takes the extra hard work.

After three straight 11 win seasons and three straight top 10 finishes, we should have been able to parlay that into a couple top 10 classes. It really feels like our coaches fell into the trap of thinking that was going to be the norm, and that they could get there every year with just above average players because they were so good as coaches. You can try to argue that top classes aren't much better than the 20th best class all you want, but there is a reason LSU, Bama, Fla St., Auburn, Ohio St., etc are battling for national titles regularly.

That said, I think it's laughable for people to say we can't get top players from out of state. We are in the SEC, we have proven we can win with the big boys, we have had the top overall draft pick, we are a deeply passionate football state, and our facilities are on par with pretty much anyone's. It just takes supreme effort, and willingness to go all out investing the time and money into our recruiting.

The only relevant questions are this: 1. Are the coaches staying in contact with recruits after they offer them. 2. If no, than why the hell not?

Reactions: Tigerof66
The only relevant questions are this: 1. Are the coaches staying in contact with recruits after they offer them. 2. If no, than why the hell not?

I'll say it again and keep saying it. Our recruiting coordinator's daddy is the head coach. He doesn't have to produce in order to keep his job.

I'll say it again and keep saying it. Our recruiting coordinator's daddy is the head coach. He doesn't have to produce in order to keep his job.

Is that so? So what exactly is Jr NOT doing that you know of that nobody else does? I'll wait...

you are right. im sure we will make the playoffs this year lol. At least win the SEC. Im sure Bama and Georgia would swap their team for ours in a second. We need to get serious about recruiting again and serious about coaching. I mean if one player cant tackle it is one thing. If half the team cant then the coaches need to put in more work.
Tell me how much work they arent putting in. Tell me why they arent serious about recruiting. Not your opinion, but give us the facts that you know that these coaches dont care. Put up or shut up

Reactions: ncmountaincock
This past recruiting class is much better than it was rated. Wait and see.
No, it's not. It is properly ranked in the lower half of the SEC. There are no Latts, Alshons, Clowneys or Gilmores in that class. You sound like the chuckleheads that said a few years ago that Davis would be better than Latt. Garnet colored glass wearing dreamers. You're just posting a wish.

No, it's not. It is properly ranked in the lower half of the SEC. There are no Latts, Alshons, Clowneys or Gilmores in that class. You sound like the chuckleheads that said a few years ago that Davis would be better than Latt. Garnet colored glass wearing dreamers. You're just posting a wish.
Bet you didnt see Cooper coming did you genius. You dont know what we have until they play so can it tater.

Is that so? So what exactly is Jr NOT doing that you know of that nobody else does? I'll wait...
Not following up with the recruits apparently. Straight for the mouths of the recruits. A lot of articles the last few years. "I haven't heard anything from south carolina in a long while." etc... It's easy not make a big stink about it when players are actually still showing interest, but it seems like it's been a very lean year so far. Things aren't looking good so I'd like to see a little more effort. How about a "Yeah, South Carolina has bee showing me a ton of love" or "South Carolina has really been recruiting me hard" once in a while. Would be nice.

Last edited:
Not following up with the recruits apparently. Straight for the mouths of the recruits. A lot of articles the last few years. "I haven't heard anything from south carolina in a long while." etc... It's easy not make a big stink about it when players are actually still showing interest, but it seems like it's been a very lean year so far. Things aren't looking good so I'd like to see a little more effort. How about a "Yeah, South Carolina has bee showing me a ton of love" or "South Carolina has really been recruiting me hard" once in a while. Would be nice.
"Apparently" Do you know why they havent heard??? No you dont. There are several recruits that say "South Carolina is recruiting me hard" but you just like to cherry pick the ones who say thay havent heard anything lately, which goes on with every football team in the country Stupid posts like yours do nothing to help so just shut up.

Tell me how much work they arent putting in. Tell me why they arent serious about recruiting. Not your opinion, but give us the facts that you know that these coaches dont care. Put up or shut up

If it's writing enough times on a message board, it has to be true. Most people just repeat what they hear/read, regardless of truth.

Fact is, not 1 poster on here has a clue what our staff puts in to recruiting. What a bunch of cry babies

True. But the national media guys that see what other schools put into it always say spurrier isnt a great recruiter. I guess people that make their living analyzing recruitng don't know what our staff puts Into it either. Lol. I guess we are doing the same as Bama and Ohio state and the like Can't believe we don't have the number one class.

Let's pick teams. I'll take Latt, Gilmore, Alshon, Clowney, and you can have Cooper. Good luck!
Point is you have no idea how much talent we have and who will be the next star, but I guess being a tater reading comprehension isn't high on your list.
True. But the national media guys that see what other schools put into it always say spurrier isnt a great recruiter. I guess people that make their living analyzing recruitng don't know what our staff puts Into it either. Lol. I guess we are doing the same as Bama and Ohio state and the like Can't believe we don't have the number one class.
They don't know squat, just like you...tater

Point is you have no idea how much talent we have and who will be the next star, but I guess being a tater reading comprehension isn't high on your list.

Cry us a river with the tater comment,,,,,hahahahaha. easy, if someone disagrees with you then they are a tater, love that pathetic logic.......hahaha

Reactions: conCOCKshon

Enuff with the tater pee wee. Mama and daddy will be home from work soon and make u get off the computer. Lol

Reactions: conCOCKshon
Cry us a river with the tater comment,,,,,hahahahaha. easy, if someone disagrees with you then they are a tater, love that pathetic logic.......hahaha
If you aren't a tater you should be ashamed to call yourself a Gamecock. I know your kind though, you sit in the stands and hurl insults at coaches and players loud enough for those seated next to you to hear until someone comes over and shuts you up. Yep, that's you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT