ADVERTISEMENT

Any word if Golson is transferring??

I have heard LSU also but why wouldnt we want him? If we could have him for one year, I think it would be beneficial. He may have had some turnovers but find it hard to believe we have a QB on our roster better than him. I know we have not seen Mitch with significant playing time yet but have to believe Golson would start if by some chance he comes here. Pretty sure he will not though

Best of luck to the young man and hope he lands someplace that he fits in.....Just don't let it be here!

Not at all interested in the baggage he carries around with him......

What baggage? I know he made a mistake at ND but from people that know him here at the beach, he is not a bad kid.

I don't want him. @ the " what baggage" guy- SERIOUSLY? Just because you are from the beach you will ignore what he did? He is a CHEATER. He was also a pompous little prick in HS who wouldn't even consider us then because he just had to go out of state where he has failed to even keep his starting spot, failed to perform as a student... And people want to beg him to throw us a bone and come back here to play one season. Hell no. Give me players who want to BE HERE and win the RIGHT WAY. Not some over indulged cheater who thinks he is bigger than our school. Let him screw up someone else's locker room and go on to flip burgers in another town.

What baggage? I know he made a mistake at ND but from people that know him here at the beach, he is not a bad kid.

The attitude for the main bag he carries....We have been through this stage of the "its all about me" players and I think and hope we are well past that.....

Again best wishes to him where ever he goes but if we weren't good enough for him before why would we be now?

I know him and he doesn't have baggage. He made a mistake. He's a good kid. I hear he is staying at Notre Dame.

Not sure if Golson is a Russell Wilson type of transfer player. Nothing against him personally, I just don't see if having that kind of impact. I am anxious to see our qb situation play out this summer.

I don't want him. @ the " what baggage" guy- SERIOUSLY? Just because you are from the beach you will ignore what he did? He is a CHEATER. He was also a pompous little prick in HS who wouldn't even consider us then because he just had to go out of state where he has failed to even keep his starting spot, failed to perform as a student... And people want to beg him to throw us a bone and come back here to play one season. Hell no. Give me players who want to BE HERE and win the RIGHT WAY. Not some over indulged cheater who thinks he is bigger than our school. Let him screw up someone elses locker room and go on to flip burgers in another town.
Baggage? This is what really happened. He knowingly provided some teammates with copies of his course work or papers. If you notice out of all the players that were caught cheating he was the only one that was allowed to come back after sitting out the year. The rest of the players transferred or declared for the NFL. He never really considered South Carolina because USC offered him as an athlete. Meaning they wanted him as an CB or WR. If you are Everett Golson that's a slap in the face because he led the state in passing. Also at the time he wanted to play basketball as well. That's why he considered schools that had high level basketball teams. I know this because I'm friends of one of his former coaches.

Lots of incorrect info lifer. I spoke to MB HS asst coach few years ago and asked him why Golson went out of state. His exact words. "Spurrier didn't want him". Yes he had an offer but like dc said not as a QB

Reactions: dcdayday
Lots of incorrect info lifer. I spoke to MB HS asst coach few years ago and asked him why Golson went out of state. His exact words. "Spurrier didn't want him". Yes he had an offer but like dc said not as a QB
What is incorrect? He DID CHEAT- even the dude right above you said he "KNOWINGLY PROVIDED"- IOW, CHEATED. Anybody know why USC didn't push for him? Maybe they were told from day 1 there was no chance there because he "wanted to go out of state", which is what happened. Ya'll may "know someone whose brother's sister's best friend's cousin went to MB HS and says he is a good kid"- great. I have been a Gamecock fan my whole life, graduated from USC, maintained close relationships with USC people and locals who know the school and BOT members, coaching staff members, trainers... and during the time of his recruitment I was as connected to this school and what was going down as any fan... And I can tell you Spurrier acted like he didn't want Golson because he was told early on there was no chance there. SOS does not normally actively pursue kids when he is told he is wasting his time. He focuses on the guys we have a shot with, and gets a very high percentage of the ones he focuses on... Maybe he also didn't want Golson because he saw some potential attitude/ character issues, and he thought he would be a turnover machine as a QB- which Golson was. He took his team to the NC game? Ummm yeah... They WENT to the game and got their heads knocked off, but they didn't get their BECAUSE of Golson. They got their because of a nasty defense, a crap schedule, no conference championship game to overcome and Golson generally played pretty well as an unknown quantity that season... Once defenses got another shot at him, he was exposed as an ATHLETE who was a BELOW AVERAGE PASSER.

Was he allowed back to school after the cheating scandal? Yeah, because he was a star athlete AT A FOOTBALL FACTORY. That is what they do. If he had raped a girl- like Winston did- he would have been back on the team after that too. The backup FB who never played a down is never heard from again, but your starting QB gets a second shot. Fact.

What is incorrect? He DID CHEAT- even the dude right above you said he "KNOWINGLY PROVIDED"- IOW, CHEATED. Anybody know why USC didn't push for him? Maybe they were told from day 1 there was no chance there because he "wanted to go out of state", which is what happened. Ya'll may "know someone whose brother's sister's best friend's cousin went to MB HS and says he is a good kid"- great. I have been a Gamecock fan my whole life, graduated from USC, maintained close relationships with USC people and locals who know the school and BOT members, coaching staff members, trainers... and during the time of his recruitment I was as connected to this school and what was going down as any fan... And I can tell you Spurrier acted like he didn't want Golson because he was told early on there was no chance there. SOS does not normally actively pursue kids when he is told he is wasting his time. He focuses on the guys we have a shot with, and gets a very high percentage of the ones he focuses on... Maybe he also didn't want Golson because he saw some potential attitude/ character issues, and he thought he would be a turnover machine as a QB- which Golson was. He took his team to the NC game? Ummm yeah... They WENT to the game and got their heads knocked off, but they didn't get their BECAUSE of Golson. They got their because of a nasty defense, a crap schedule, no conference championship game to overcome and Golson generally played pretty well as an unknown quantity that season... Once defenses got another shot at him, he was exposed as an ATHLETE who was a BELOW AVERAGE PASSER.

Was he allowed back to school after the cheating scandal? Yeah, because he was a star athlete AT A FOOTBALL FACTORY. That is what they do. If he had raped a girl- like Winston did- he would have been back on the team after that too. The backup FB who never played a down is never heard from again, but your starting QB gets a second shot. Fact.
Lol! He was actually dismissed from the school for a year. He was allowed attend another school for a semester and prove himself in the class room. Golson was a very good student in the class room in High school. Very gifted musically and in both football and basketball. That doesn't sound like a kid with character issues. When I saw one of his basketball games I asked one of his coaches after the game and he told me South Carolina was not considering him as a QB. Another assistant said this to me on a separate occasion. Looking at what South Carolina does on offense with a mobile QB, Golson would have been ideal. He's just as mobile as Connor Shaw with a much stronger arm.

Lifer won't agree so it's a waste trying to explain what actually happened. Yes like,DC said he was going to NC because of basketball. But if we were truly interested in him as a QB we didn't show it. May not have made a difference anyway. As far as what he did, give me a break. We have had players do much worse and stayed on the team. Like DC said I know people close to family and nothing but good things to say about him. He was in the band and is interested in music. Doesn't sound like a bad kid. Just one that made a mistake. You call him a turnover machine but I don't think we have anyone on our roster better than him. Mitch has yet to prove himself. No need to give me ur resume Lifer. We are all fans and want what is best for the team. I don't think Golson is coming here and doubt we would take him. My we didn't take Russell Wilson when we had the chance. Spurrier wants a QB for more than a year.

Lifer won't agree so it's a waste trying to explain what actually happened. Yes like,DC said he was going to NC because of basketball. But if we were truly interested in him as a QB we didn't show it. May not have made a difference anyway. As far as what he did, give me a break. We have had players do much worse and stayed on the team. Like DC said I know people close to family and nothing but good things to say about him. He was in the band and is interested in music. Doesn't sound like a bad kid. Just one that made a mistake. You call him a turnover machine but I don't think we have anyone on our roster better than him. Mitch has yet to prove himself. No need to give me ur resume Lifer. We are all fans and want what is best for the team. I don't think Golson is coming here and doubt we would take him. My we didn't take Russell Wilson when we had the chance. Spurrier wants a QB for more than a year.
Russell Wilson was the guy that some of our fans felt as though was a terrible QB based on his performance against us. Then I was hearing that he was only good against ACC talent. But Russell Wilson excelled in the ACC and Big Ten. He's also Superbowl Champion. Where are all those naysayers now? Like I said the way Shaw was used in Spurrier's offense guys like Golson and Wilson would excel just as well or probably better because they bring more arm strength to the table.

one of his favorite things to do is to post his resume

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT