ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone have a great meatball recipe?

Been a couple of years since posting here. been a big supporter of Gamecock sports starting back in 65. Just cannot take it anymore. Waiting on Tanner and company to exit. Anyhow Meatball is right up my alley being my family is from Sicily. My dad brother sister and his mom and dad in the early 1900s my mom's side is here from SC. . mIght off heard, of Fusco.

Recipe: Hamburger, Ground port, salt and pepper, garlic, egg, and Italian breadcrumbs seasoning, for your sauce half, sliced stew tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste pure, mushroom, dried basil leaf's dried rosemary, dried parsley. Throw a couple of Chicken wings into and sweet flavor also add some ground port to the sause. You can add sausages if you want. Sunday mornings mom and dad would make homemade spaghetti, sauce, and meatballs for 50 fifty years till dad passed away.

Last edited:
Reactions: cadcock and HI Cock
Basic recipe....for each pound of ground beef, add one egg and about 1/4 cup of seasoned bread crumbs or panko. Salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste. Form into balls, in the oven at 400 for about 25 minutes. Do them either on a foil lined sheet pan or on a rack in the sheet pan, works both ways.

Once you try that, you can try adding other tweaks, oregano, shredded Parmesan, finely diced onion, or bigger meatballs with a cube of mozzarella inside.

Reactions: HI Cock
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT