ADVERTISEMENT

Been a long time Gamecock and this upcoming season reminds me of.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edisto_Viking

Oct 7, 2014
2004......Lou's last year:

1. Skip being groomed for head coach........Spurrier Jr being groomed (apparently leading meetings/recruiting etc)
  2. Recruiting JUCOS heavily
  3. AD convincing Lou to stay a couple more years......Rumor that Spurrier was convinced to stay by Ray last season....all acounts it seems very true
  4. Recruiting WAY down....with no Major five stars or upper level four starts even sniffing our program right now
  5. NO QB.....again
  6. No Defense
  7. Strength and conditioning way down
  8. Body language of both on the sidelines Lou and Spurrier......you could see it in their press conferences and on the sidelines
  9. Both are/were old and did not need to coach.....there is no fear of losing their jobs
  10. Not firing staff that needed to be fired because of personal relationships
  11. No hiring Chavous or Muschamp was a huge mistake in my opinion and Lou did the same in passing over numerous candidates hoping that Skip would take over
It was a great run.......but we NEED to start naming a coach in waiting.....I just hope it is not Hoke or Spurrier Jr.

1. Skip being groomed for head coach........Spurrier Jr being groomed (apparently leading meetings/recruiting etc)
  3. AD convincing Lou to stay a couple more years......Rumor that Spurrier was convinced to stay by Ray last season....all acounts it seems very true
  4. Recruiting WAY down....with no Major five stars or upper level four starts even sniffing our program right now
  5. NO QB.....again
  6. No Defense
  8. Body language of both on the sidelines Lou and Spurrier......you could see it in their press conferences and on the sidelines
  9. Both are/were old and did not need to coach.....there is no fear of losing their jobs
  11. No hiring Chavous or Muschamp was a huge mistake in my opinion and Lou did the same in passing over numerous candidates hoping that Skip would take over
It was a great run.......but we NEED to start naming a coach in waiting.....I just hope it is not Hoke or Spurrier Jr.

Nice try Clemson lover....Spurrier Jr and Hoke is better than any of the overused scrubs remaining on the staff at Clemson. An overrated Morris left last season with a pitiful record against FSU and South Carolina and the overrated Venables will be leaving after this season with the same pitiful record. Never beat FSU and 1 victory over a poorly coached Defense @ South Carolina.

Your former WR coach is overpaid, over his head, with too many years left on his contract and too many future losses to us, FSU, and Notre Dame. Also, don't forget about Bobby Petrino @ Louisville, he starts kicking Clemson's butt annually this upcoming season....

5. NO QB.....again
  6. No Defense
Tater, tater, tater!! You guys don't have a lotta smarts do you? Very poor try. I'll take our Qb over your gimpy Qb any day. And at least we have a defense coming back. A very young defense at that. And when it comes to coaching staffs (lmao at clemsux) I'll stick with our's

Let the sunshine pumpers and fans that are happy with 6-7 wins a year come out.......

Seems as if this mindset is dominating again for our program.

You guys are in love with Spurrier more than USC.

Reactions: conCOCKshon

5. NO QB.....again
  6. No Defense

Honestly, I don't care enough about Clemson to go over there and post crap like this. It is evident that you Clemson folk are scared to death of Spurrier. Just like UGA fans. Before you get too comfortable predicting our demise just remember we get y'all at home and Spurrier is re-energized to whip Clemson again and start a new streak. How does it make you feel to hear that he wants Bear Bryant's record for most SEC wins before he hangs it up?

Let the sunshine pumpers and fans that are happy with 6-7 wins a year come out.......

How does it feel to know you taters are going into the season with a gimpy injury prone qb with no offensive line to block for him, no running back and no defense and a bunch of 5 star recievers running around wishing somebody could get them the damn ball?

So what exactly would you do if you were Tanner? Fire Spurrier or something

No one said our schedule was not challenging but what you Clemson fans don't realize is the challenge is welcome and the cockiness that having a HOF coach like Steve Spurrier is legit becuse he is a PROVEN WINNER.

5. NO QB.....again
  6. No Defense

Dabo's current position resembles Lou Holt's final seasons @ Carolina. He had a top notch QB from Summerville that never saw the field because of knee injuries. His name was Bennet Swygert. His injuries forced him to try linebackers, WRS, and QBS that couldn't pass.

No one said our schedule was not challenging but what you Clemson fans don't realize is the challenge is welcome and the cockiness that having a HOF coach like Steve Spurrier is legit becuse he is a PROVEN WINNER.
What was his record the first five years?
Better yet, what is his record with no Connor Shaw?
Tommy Bowden owned the HOF Spurrier, who, if you can read body language, clearly doesn't care any more.
Let me ask a question. How many times did he throw his visor down last year?
Zero.
In previous years, that thing would have hit the dirt 4 or 5 times with a year like that. Clearly, the man is ready to spend leisure time on the golf course these days.

Jeez, you guys don't get it. Spurrier was a really good coach, but, like his first years there (years conveniently forgotten), he has no real playmakers other than Cooper.
No defense + no QB = 6 wins.
Even the biggest Gamecock fan I've ever heard, Gamecock Will, has only predicted 7 wins based on what he saw in the spring game, and that guy is as big a homer as I ever heard.

Tommy Bowden owned the HOF Spurrier, who, if you can read body language, clearly doesn't care any more.
Zero.
In previous years, that thing would have hit the dirt 4 or 5 times with a year like that. Clearly, the man is ready to spend leisure time on the golf course these days.

Jeez, you guys don't get it. Spurrier was a really good coach, but, like his first years there (years conveniently forgotten), he has no real playmakers other than Cooper.
Even the biggest Gamecock fan I've ever heard, Gamecock Will, has only predicted 7 wins based on what he saw in the spring game, and that guy is as big a homer as I ever heard.
We"ll after hearing from all the taters on our board we now know where all the clemsux players are getting their drugs from

Zero.

That Gamecock Will stuff is all a setup by WCCP and nobody will convince me otherwise. You got one thing right though No defense + No QB = 6 wins. That will be you taters

Reactions: Bleedgandb3334
That Gamecock Will stuff is all a setup by WCCP and nobody will convince me otherwise. You got one thing right though No defense + No QB = 6 wins. That will be you taters

Just checked:
Spurrier without Connor Shaw has been a 7 win coach at USC.
And it has actually been very, very consistent.
Last year should have been no surprise at at, when you look at the record.
Shaw was a very good QB, and he was complemented by some studs on D.
But you got no Shaw, and you have no studs on D.
You have a very good WR.
And that's about it.

Just checked:
You have a very good WR.
And that's about it.
Wrong Mitch will be on the field that's more than you can say about Watson. We have a great running game with Wilds and Williams. Add Googer, Samuels and Davidson with Cooper at Rec. Great LB corps (All Studs) with a much improved D-line. All of our CB's were highly recruited (All Studs) and should come into their on after getting a lot of playing time last year. And Diggs, Johnson, Gurly and Elder will be more than enough at Safety

Yeah and last year we were preseason top 5 and how did that turn out. Better let the season play out. Qb was not our problem last year as he broke the passing record. Everybody with a brain knows it was because of defense. I fully expect our defense to be much much better.

Wrong Mitch will be on the field that's more than you can say about Watson. We have a great running game with Wilds and Williams. Add Googer, Samuels and Davidson with Cooper at Rec. Great LB corps (All Studs) with a much improved D-line. All of our CB's were highly recruited (All Studs) and should come into their on after getting a lot of playing time last year. And Diggs, Johnson, Gurly and Elder will be more than enough at Safety
And can you direct me to some statistics or something REAL that makes you think that Mitch is a winner like Shaw?
I've seen the kid play, and he's average, at best. Hope doesn't do it.
Shaw was the best QB in Gamecock history. Kid is smart, has a good arm, makes plays with his legs, and protects the ball. I've seen nothing in Mitch that suggests he can touch Shaw in ANY of those areas.
I just see NO ONE on the D who is dominating. No one. There are some descent players, but no one who's going to step up and make a stop in the 4th quarter. Who is the next Quarks? The next Clowney? There arent any.

And at WR, there's pretty much zero experience other than Cooper (who is really too).
Good RBs, but you lost your best OLinemen on an O line that underperformed last year.

I just don't see any justification for more than 6 or 7 wins, and Vegas agrees with me. And it's there job to determine wins based on facts, not how they feel.

And can you direct me to some statistics or something REAL that makes you think that Mitch is a winner like Shaw?
I've seen the kid play, and he's average, at best. Hope doesn't do it.
Shaw was the best QB in Gamecock history. Kid is smart, has a good arm, makes plays with his legs, and protects the ball. I've seen nothing in Mitch that suggests he can touch Shaw in ANY of those areas.
I just see NO ONE on the D who is dominating. No one. There are some descent players, but no one who's going to step up and make a stop in the 4th quarter. Who is the next Quarks? The next Clowney? There arent any.

And at WR, there's pretty much zero experience other than Cooper (who is really too).
Good RBs, but you lost your best OLinemen on an O line that underperformed last year.

I just don't see any justification for more than 6 or 7 wins, and Vegas agrees with me. And it's there job to determine wins based on facts, not how they feel.
All you're doing is proving how little you know about our team. Who are you over here trying to convince? Why not go over to taternet and find out why you have a team full of drug addicts and thieves. Your team is out of control with little or no supervision. You have no defense, no running game and a QB that cant play back to back games without being hurt. You're way over rated like everyone had us last year. Reality will set in for you in a couple of months

Reactions: Bleedgandb3334
Zero.

Just checked:
You have a very good WR.
And that's about it.
This guy says "prove it to me" in other posts. When you do, he disappears to another post or just ignores what you say altogether and your links. Then says, "you didn't prove it to me." Waste of time and a liar just like Dabdumb.

1) Texas A&M
2) Georgia
3) Tennessee
4) LSU
5) Florida
6) Missouri
7) North Carolina

Sorry, Gamecock fans, but I see seven losses with these teams. North Carolina will be a big surprise. They have an excellent offense. They scored forty points at Notre Dame last year.

Hey poser...

1-Spurrier Jr isn't being groomed to take over for SOS.
2-The only Juco I see on the commitment list from 2004 is Jonathon Joseph, and I would gladly take another JJ if we could get one.
3-Spurrier never mentioned leaving this year, he made a comment about coaching 2-3 more years. So there was no convincing him to stay by the AD, or any rumors other than from wishful thinking tater tots.
4-With all of our decommits last year we still finished at #19. And while most aren't happy we aren't WAY down, as you put it.
5-We have a 4* QB that will be our starter, a 3* behind him, another 4* coming in another month and a walk-on that Spurrier likes and thinks could contribute (for whatever reasons, but he's a better evaluator than any of us), so it's not like we don't have capable QB's, just just lack experience. We're actually in better shape than your team at QB.
6-We have players coming to step in at a couple of positions we need. They might not be 1st round draft caliber but our defense will be improved. And again, we're actually in better shape than your team.
7-Where are you getting this info about S&C? I thought it was you tater tots that want to fire your S&C coach. As far as I know ours is going fine and all the players are working hard.
8-I guess Spurrier was acting after the Auburn game last season. And BTW, he doesn't throw his visor because he doesn't want to feed the media bs to spew.
9-Does a coach have to fear for his job to be at his best? I think not. Lou was well past ready to retire and was asked to stay another year. Spurrier is still here because he still loves it...period. Why else would he be? He's not doing it for the money, and certainly not doing it for his health. If he want to retire he would be gone.
10-He doesn't just kick people to the curb like your coach has done. He actually cares about the people he works with and would rather see them succeed.
11-He got the man he wanted when he first came to Cola, how is that a negative?

"It was a great run.......but we NEED to start naming a coach in waiting....."

1st, we? LMAO
2nd, the new streak begins on 11/28/15. Hope you can make it...it's gonna be fun.

Reactions: NetworkX
1) Texas A&M
2) Georgia
3) Tennessee
4) LSU
5) Florida
6) Missouri
7) North Carolina

Sorry, Gamecock fans, but I see seven losses with these teams. North Carolina will be a big surprise. They have an excellent offense. They scored forty points at Notre Dame last year.
UNC will be tough, but you're basically saying we lose all our toss up games. Makes sense coming from someone we've dominated the last 4 out of 5 years. Your own players talk about how they hate playing us. A little butthurt?

1) Texas A&M
2) Georgia
3) Tennessee
4) LSU
5) Florida
6) Missouri
7) North Carolina

And why should we think we have no chance at UGA?

Not a Georgia fan, but they have three great running backs a very good offensive line and a defense that will be very good. Remember, the false holding call on Gurley's call back touchdown saved Carolina last year.

Not a Georgia fan, but they have three great running backs a very good offensive line and a defense that will be very good. Remember, the false holding call on Gurley's call back touchdown saved Carolina last year.
UGA excuses almost every year. 4 of 5 as a matter of fact.

Gamecock Will is a Walt Deptula groupie. He only tells the WCCP audience what they want to hear so they'll serve him free beer @ Twin Peaks.

Spurrier told everyone to circle the Clemson game back in December. It will be a night Dabo and Clemson will painfully endure for 365 days as a 6 out of 7 loser.

Reactions: funktavious
Gamecock Will is a Walt Deptula groupie. He only tells the WCCP audience what they want to hear so they'll serve him free beer @ Twin Peaks.

Spurrier told everyone to circle the Clemson game back in December. It will be a night Dabo and Clemson will painfully endure for 365 days as a 6 out of 7 loser.

Long way until November, so who knows what will happen. That being said, there is very little reason for you to expect to beat Clemson. Virtually every preseason prediction I've seen has CU in the top 15 and SC outside the top 35. It would appear unbiased observers seem to think that CU has a much better team than SC.

Tigerdoc:
You are trying the impossible. Using common sense in explaining your opinions will not work. Ask Corey Miller how that works. He is gamecock alumni.

Long way until November, so who knows what will happen. That being said, there is very little reason for you to expect to beat Clemson. Virtually every preseason prediction I've seen has CU in the top 15 and SC outside the top 35. It would appear unbiased observers seem to think that CU has a much better team than SC.

Those same unbiased observers had us as a top 10 team preseason last year. We still have that same team that should have won 10 games minus Dylan Thompson and Mike Davis. I think we're fine at both those positions. We have an experienced defense coming back with a few extra pieces added plus a new DC.

If you don't see that you are getting the benefit of the doubt in the preseason predictions then you're looking through orange colored glasses. You finally had a all senior defense for the first time in forever and you guys think you're never gonna lose another game lmao. Those idiots that call into WCCP and say well I don't see a loss on our sch. lmao You have no D, you have a QB that will be hurt before game 3 mainly because you have no offensive line. Which will be really bad for your running game because you have no running back. Go Back to taternet

Just be ready to get that Clemson ass smacked by a pre-season underdog next Thanksgiving weekend.

The weed smokers, credit card thieves, liars, and cocaine addicts Dabo has recruited for your team will plummet from the rankings soon after the season starts.

Reactions: oakley51
Those same unbiased observers had us as a top 10 team preseason last year. We still have that same team that should have won 10 games minus Dylan Thompson and Mike Davis. I think we're fine at both those positions. We have an experienced defense coming back with a few extra pieces added plus a new DC.

If you don't see that you are getting the benefit of the doubt in the preseason predictions then you're looking through orange colored glasses. You finally had a all senior defense for the first time in forever and you guys think you're never gonna lose another game lmao. Those idiots that call into WCCP and say well I don't see a loss on our sch. lmao You have no D, you have a QB that will be hurt before game 3 mainly because you have no offensive line. Which will be really bad for your running game because you have no running back. Go Back to taternet
But Spurrier has consistently averaged only 7 wins over the years he has not had Shaw as QB One 8 win season, one 6 win season. All the rest were 7 wins.
No Shaw. 7 wins, maybe less.
Hate on me, but again, the guys in Vegas paid to research teams agree with me.
Go call them names.
Doesn't change their analysis or mine, and I have a very good history of predicting Clemson and Carolina.

Tater, tater, tater!! You guys don't have a lotta smarts do you? Very poor try. I'll take our Qb over your gimpy Qb any day. And at least we have a defense coming back. A very young defense at that. And when it comes to coaching staffs (lmao at clemsux) I'll stick with our's
"A very young defense" So if that's what USC has, what's Clemson got? I mean honestly, most USC fans think Clemson's defense will be terrible because "they're too inexperienced and young" Applying this philosophy, won't that mean USC's defense will be terrible too?

6 out of 7? I thought history didn't matter.. Huh.

"A very young defense" So if that's what USC has, what's Clemson got? I mean honestly, most USC fans think Clemson's defense will be terrible because "they're too inexperienced and young" Applying this philosophy, won't that mean USC's defense will be terrible too?
Like I said in an earlier post, Who are you trying to convince because you're never gonna convince me. We're getting back an experienced defense that won 7 games including their bowl game. They have been working hard in the off season while your players have been doing drugs and stealing. I like our chances

Like I said in an earlier post, Who are you trying to convince because you're never gonna convince me. We're getting back an experienced defense that won 7 games including their bowl game. They have been working hard in the off season while your players have been doing drugs and stealing. I like our chances
You're ridiculous! "Getting back an expireienced defense that won 7 games including their bowl game." What about our expired end defense that won 9 games and their bowl game? I think I prefer our chances over yours. Every team works hard in the off season so that's an invalid point.

USC has too many unprovens on offense to think they have a legit chance at beating us next year.

You're ridiculous! "Getting back an expireienced defense that won 7 games including their bowl game." What about our expired end defense that won 9 games and their bowl game? I think I prefer our chances over yours. Every team works hard in the off season so that's an invalid point.

USC has too many unprovens on offense to think they have a legit chance at beating us next year.
What experienced defense are you getting back? That's ridiculous! You lost 10 seniors on defense lol. And as much as you're gonna miss Vic Beasley you have no one like Grady Jarrett. And tell your hard working team to go do some more cocaine and smoke a little more weed. You're a real funny guy though lmao!!

Reactions: funktavious
LMAO, once again the Taters are hyperventilating over preseason publications, and once again they'll be begging for mercy from the likes of West Virginia at season's end. You guys are such good comic relief.

The key words in your post are preseason and prediction. November is a long way off. You have no way of knowing what the situation is going to be for either team at that time. Why don't you wait and see before you come over here talking trash?

What experienced defense are you getting back? That's ridiculous! You lost 10 seniors on defense lol. And as much as you're gonna miss Vic Beasley you have no one like Grady Jarrett. And tell your hard working team to go do some more cocaine and smoke a little more weed. You're a real funny guy though lmao!!
We reload, not restock. Will there be a drop off? Of course. Anyone who says otherwise is either lying or knows nothing about the sport. We rotated players in and out through games, and all the back ups have enough combined snaps to look like a good starting defense. Clemson is not USC. Never have, never will. That's why I have no doubt our defense will still be good. In no way do I think we can achieve Top 10 defense, but I don't see us dropping under Top 30 and even Top 25. Add on the firepower we have on offense, and I say we have a very legit chance at a playoff spot. But as mentioned before, the end of the season is a long way away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT