ADVERTISEMENT

Been a long time Gamecock and this upcoming season reminds me of.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
But Spurrier has consistently averaged only 7 wins over the years he has not had Shaw as QB One 8 win season, one 6 win season. All the rest were 7 wins.
No Shaw. 7 wins, maybe less.
Hate on me, but again, the guys in Vegas paid to research teams agree with me.
Go call them names.
Doesn't change their analysis or mine, and I have a very good history of predicting Clemson and Carolina.

You've said this twice now, but it's not true. That's not how Vegas works.

6 out of 7? I thought history didn't matter.. Huh.
That is not history, that is the record of the 2 current head coaches against each other. The losses of Dabo to Coach Spurrier will continue to increase....

"Im a tater and I want everybody on GC to worship Clemson". Geez
Corey Miller sent his soon to Alabama as a 5 star recruit and he is listed as the 13th best linebacker on the depth chart. He might get to play on special teams some. Corey must be thrilled.

Corey Miller sent his soon to Alabama as a 5 star recruit and he is listed as the 13th best linebacker on the depth chart. He might get to play on special teams some. Corey must be thrilled.

Miller knows that Spurrier will not be here long enough for his kid to finish under him.

Those same unbiased observers had us as a top 10 team preseason last year. We still have that same team that should have won 10 games minus Dylan Thompson and Mike Davis. I think we're fine at both those positions. We have an experienced defense coming back with a few extra pieces added plus a new DC.

If you don't see that you are getting the benefit of the doubt in the preseason predictions then you're looking through orange colored glasses. You finally had a all senior defense for the first time in forever and you guys think you're never gonna lose another game lmao. Those idiots that call into WCCP and say well I don't see a loss on our sch. lmao You have no D, you have a QB that will be hurt before game 3 mainly because you have no offensive line. Which will be really bad for your running game because you have no running back. Go Back to taternet

SOS predicted that the 2014 defense would be as good as the previous defenses. That is why you were ranked so high in the preseason last year.

We reload, not restock. Will there be a drop off? Of course. Anyone who says otherwise is either lying or knows nothing about the sport. We rotated players in and out through games, and all the back ups have enough combined snaps to look like a good starting defense. Clemson is not USC. Never have, never will. That's why I have no doubt our defense will still be good. In no way do I think we can achieve Top 10 defense, but I don't see us dropping under Top 30 and even Top 25. Add on the firepower we have on offense, and I say we have a very legit chance at a playoff spot. But as mentioned before, the end of the season is a long way away.
Reload since when? Lmao!! You finally had an all senior defense and they had a good season like any team would with a senior defense. Now you're gonna go back to the same old mediocre team you were. And you have no firepower on offense if you don't have an offensive line. Your QB will be beat up by game 3 and you don't have a running back worth anything to keep the pressure off so the defenses that you play are just gonna pin their ears back and go after Watson. You have a bunch of 5 star recievers that are not even gonna get the ball. Good Luck with that. And you're right you're not USC. You have lost to USC 5 of the 6 years. And while our players are working hard to get better your team is out doing cocaine and smoking pot. But like I said before "You're a real funny guy"

We reload, not restock. Will there be a drop off? Of course. Anyone who says otherwise is either lying or knows nothing about the sport. We rotated players in and out through games, and all the back ups have enough combined snaps to look like a good starting defense. Clemson is not USC. Never have, never will. That's why I have no doubt our defense will still be good. In no way do I think we can achieve Top 10 defense, but I don't see us dropping under Top 30 and even Top 25. Add on the firepower we have on offense, and I say we have a very legit chance at a playoff spot. But as mentioned before, the end of the season is a long way away.
Again who are you over here trying to convince because you're never gonna convince me that you're gonna be anything but average. Why don't you go over to taternet and tell them how great you're gonna be, maybe that will make you sleep better

You've said this twice now, but it's not true. That's not how Vegas works.
Miller knows that Spurrier will not be here long enough for his kid to finish under him.

Christian never received an offer from our staff so he couldn't have the opportunity to know that. All he knows is what the bench feels like in Tuscaloosa.

Reload since when? Lmao!! You finally had an all senior defense and they had a good season like any team would with a senior defense. Now you're gonna go back to the same old mediocre team you were. And you have no firepower on offense if you don't have an offensive line. Your QB will be beat up by game 3 and you don't have a running back worth anything to keep the pressure off so the defenses that you play are just gonna pin their ears back and go after Watson. You have a bunch of 5 star recievers that are not even gonna get the ball. Good Luck with that. And you're right you're not USC. You have lost to USC 5 of the 6 years. And while our players are working hard to get better your team is out doing cocaine and smoking pot. But like I said before "You're a real funny guy"

I'm not sure where you get your info from, but it doesn't appear to be coming from informed sources. Every year we lose Brad Scott evaluated OL and replace them with Robbie Caldwell evaluated OL, so please don't concern yourself with our OL. We will be just fine. Battle was going to be the starter initially, but Hyatt was going to beat him out before the end of the year. Depth concern only. You may remember the name Wayne Gallman. He was the 3rd team RB at the start of the year who ran for close to 200 yds against you, so I'd think again about the RB statement. Also, 1 player has been arrested for drugs, so I don't think you can assume the whole team is on "coke". And our defense is much more talented and experienced than the SC defense. You can say I'm looking through orange colored glasses if you want, but objective observers agree with me. That is why every preseason poll and publication has CU in the top 15, with SC outside the top 35. Again, you can point to SC last year but you were way over ranked because a HOF coach said SC was top 10 good. Time will tell.

I'm not sure where you get your info from, but it doesn't appear to be coming from informed sources. Every year we lose Brad Scott evaluated OL and replace them with Robbie Caldwell evaluated OL, so please don't concern yourself with our OL. We will be just fine. Battle was going to be the starter initially, but Hyatt was going to beat him out before the end of the year. Depth concern only. You may remember the name Wayne Gallman. He was the 3rd team RB at the start of the year who ran for close to 200 yds against you, so I'd think again about the RB statement. Also, 1 player has been arrested for drugs, so I don't think you can assume the whole team is on "coke". And our defense is much more talented and experienced than the SC defense. You can say I'm looking through orange colored glasses if you want, but objective observers agree with me. That is why every preseason poll and publication has CU in the top 15, with SC outside the top 35. Again, you can point to SC last year but you were way over ranked because a HOF coach said SC was top 10 good. Time will tell.
Again why are you over here trying to convince me? Its never gonna happen. No way a freshman was going to beat out an experienced left tackle LMAO. You taters kill me. Wayne Gallman? Who the hell is that? Let's see how he does with a terrible offensive line. And let's see how long your gimpy QB makes it without an O-Line. He could get hurt playing by himself. And you're not seriously bringing up Robbie Caldwell who was fired from his last job. Again LMAO!! You're a funny guy I laughing so hard I've got tears coming out of my eyes

Again why are you over here trying to convince me? Its never gonna happen. No way a freshman was going to beat out an experienced left tackle LMAO. You taters kill me. Wayne Gallman? Who the hell is that? Let's see how he does with a terrible offensive line. And let's see how long your gimpy QB makes it without an O-Line. He could get hurt playing by himself. And you're not seriously bringing up Robbie Caldwell who was fired from his last job. Again LMAO!! You're a funny guy I laughing so hard I've got tears coming out of my eyes

SOS tried very hard to hire Caldwell as his OL coach. He was fired as head coach and he assumed the job when the previous coach left at a bad time. Vandy had no intention of keeping him long term. If you don't know who Wayne Gallman is watch a replay of the CU/SC game from last year. He's the guy running for almost 200 yds. He will be running behind a better OL this year than last.

2004......Lou's last year:

1. Skip being groomed for head coach........Spurrier Jr being groomed (apparently leading meetings/recruiting etc)
  2. Recruiting JUCOS heavily
  3. AD convincing Lou to stay a couple more years......Rumor that Spurrier was convinced to stay by Ray last season....all acounts it seems very true
  4. Recruiting WAY down....with no Major five stars or upper level four starts even sniffing our program right now
  5. NO QB.....again
  6. No Defense
  7. Strength and conditioning way down
  8. Body language of both on the sidelines Lou and Spurrier......you could see it in their press conferences and on the sidelines
  9. Both are/were old and did not need to coach.....there is no fear of losing their jobs
  10. Not firing staff that needed to be fired because of personal relationships
  11. No hiring Chavous or Muschamp was a huge mistake in my opinion and Lou did the same in passing over numerous candidates hoping that Skip would take over
It was a great run.......but we NEED to start naming a coach in waiting.....I just hope it is not Hoke or Spurrier Jr.

and Clemson's 2015 team reminds me of USC's 2014 team. There's a lot of hype on offense and the defense is just expected to pick right back up despite the drastic losses of personnel.

Just checked:
Spurrier without Connor Shaw has been a 7 win coach at USC.
And it has actually been very, very consistent.
Last year should have been no surprise at at, when you look at the record.
Shaw was a very good QB, and he was complemented by some studs on D.
But you got no Shaw, and you have no studs on D.
You have a very good WR.
And that's about it.
USC won 9 games, the SEC East, and beat Clemson without Shaw. In 2009 Garcia was the QB and it was a very good season.

Long way until November, so who knows what will happen. That being said, there is very little reason for you to expect to beat Clemson. Virtually every preseason prediction I've seen has CU in the top 15 and SC outside the top 35. It would appear unbiased observers seem to think that CU has a much better team than SC.
and do you know what preseason predictions are worth? Absolutely nothing. We were top-5 in the preseason last year and we all know how that turned out. I don't know how good we'll be but I like what I've seen and I'm positive we'll be better than we were last season. I don't feel the same way about Clemson. I think the losses of personnel on defense will be a bigger factor than you think. Prognosticators for whatever reason tend to get enamored with offensive stars and look past the defense. We'll all know for sure once the games start.

SOS tried very hard to hire Caldwell as his OL coach. He was fired as head coach and he assumed the job when the previous coach left at a bad time. Vandy had no intention of keeping him long term. If you don't know who Wayne Gallman is watch a replay of the CU/SC game from last year. He's the guy running for almost 200 yds. He will be running behind a better OL this year than last.
Caldwell was so bad as a HC that the only job he could get was O-Line coach at a mediocre ACC school. Who does that remind you of? Oh Yeah Brad Scott. Good Luck with that. You lost 4 starters off your O-Line no way this year is better. Keep those orange colored glasses on though. The only reason Hyatt looked good in practice is because you have no defensive end or tackle that can get by a freshman offensive tackle. That's what you should be worried about. LMAO you are cracking me up

Horsecrap...Wayne Gallman is mediocre and wouldn't start on any team that owns a stadium that seats 85K fans.

He's too little and can't take the beating. Check his stats from last year and including our game he is still behind so many of your opponents starting RBS. You can have him.

1) Texas A&M
2) Georgia
3) Tennessee
4) LSU
5) Florida
6) Missouri
7) North Carolina

Sorry, Gamecock fans, but I see seven losses with these teams. North Carolina will be a big surprise. They have an excellent offense. They scored forty points at Notre Dame last year.
This is funny... Left clemzun off the list ehh?
I don't see us losing to half these teams. LSU and TAMU, sure.. Seems logical. The rest are toss ups and we have a better play caller than every one of them on our sideline which gives me a good feeling we win the majority. We always win a game or two we should have lost and lose at least one we shoulda won... That is football (unless your team is Bama). We have a team NOBODY can predict anything better than a range of wins and losses for right now because there are too many new additions. From coaching to personnel- LITERALLY TOP TO BOTTOM- this is a completely new team.

What do we have at QB? A complete unknown as our projected starter... Who was a MONSTER recruit coming out of HS who received a promise from SOS that he would stick around the entire time Mitch played for us if he would sign here... They saw something in this kid. I see he has a very accurate arm, good, quick release and can nail the intermediate routes which is what most of Spurrier's offense is built around- short and medium passes in the flats, screen and TE/ WR short and mid range post plays from the slot to line up on LBs... High percentage passes that can be used like a running play... Mitch can hit those passes. Don't know about his deep balls and we won't know til he gets out there and plays some games! He is not Connor Shaw running with the ball... But we have multiple other options that can come in and run the Wildcat- Cooper being the main one who has shown he can break a game wide open from that set... QB by committee? Isn't is ALWAYS? QB will be just fine... Do we have that leader who can bring us back from behind or take the game over at the end and will us to a victory like Shaw did? Don't know... Nobody does YET.

WR- STACKED. All American front and center. Handful of RS SO/ JR/ SR guys who have been waiting for their shot... But they prolly won't play because we have 3-4 freshmen/ RS Fr that are BALLERS. Debo is a little water bug and a true freshman coming in might be our next ACE in the hole.

RB- Wilds could be a 1,000 yard guy... If not for the competition who will be splitting carries with him. We lose an NFL guy and don't miss a beat.. Revolving door at this position of studs lately. Not on par with UGA, but better than we have ever had before..
OL will be fine (gotta rhyme some of the time)
Defense... We have the horses this year. Had enough last year everywhere but the DL but injury, youth and a broken scheme kept them from playing at anything approaching an acceptable level. Expect massive improvement... Because we could not possibly be any worse, and because we added a HUGELY talented DL class filled with guys physically ready to play, we have DBs who are very talented and kept getting better last year, got loads of experience... WILL BE STUDS THIS SEASON... And we added an all conference senior transfer to our safety core. The LBs were the only guys performing at a high level last year and all the ones who played well are back and MAD.

I see potential for a good year in 2015 8-10 wins (counting the bowl game).. But 2016 is the year we could put it all together again for real. Especially if Cooper comes back for his senior year. Not LIKELY, but anything is possible.

Now the pessimist says "prove it"... PROVE that Mitch is good, prove that SOS is still the man... Prove it to me. There is NO PROOF IN THIS GAME UNTIL THE GAMES ARE PLAYED. IDIOTS don't understand that... They are like little children begging daddy for the happy ending to a bedtime story... Hell we could wind up WINLESS. I saw us do it before.. We could also wind up undefeated- that is why we play the games. I am pretty excited to see it all play out! Love watching rivals come here to puff their chest and act like they own us... Just makes that bead of sweat all the more prominent on their brow. Some of our fans need to back off the ledge or do us all a favor AND JUMP ALREADY. The world would be a happier place without some of you in it.

The OP states he is a "longtime Gamecock" yet he just joined FGF in 2014 and has only 5 posts total.
Hmmm...this is too obvious. Guess some of the taternuts are getting bored in July...and looking to stir up crap.
Silly Tiger fans.

Yeah, one - ONE - win over us in 6yrs (against easily our worst D in over a decade)and they think they're world-beaters!!! 'Course, when you play in the All Cupcake Conference, it's easy to be deluded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT