ADVERTISEMENT

"Blankenship is a generational kicker"

sclawman77

Jun 27, 2011
I'm not gonna knock the kid as he is still a great kicker, but when commentators start making these over the top statements they're setting themselves up for failure. I'm not complaining though because it worked out in our favor. I do think Wonnum's block earlier in the game messed with his confidence too.

He is a great kicker, but I'm sure our blocked kick was on his mind. Like a QB getting repeatedly hit makes him tentative, a blocked kick does the same for a PK.

Reactions: PC31 and howard13
The end of the half blocked FG attempt and then the OT FG attempt to tie...too much pressure for even a "generational" kicker to handle.

Blocked kick plus seeing Parker miss a reasonable kick for the win, all probably played a part.

Hats off to our defense as UGA didn’t gain a yard on that possession. 25+17=42 yard try. Once you get out that far anything’s possible.

The end of the half blocked FG attempt and then the OT FG attempt to tie...too much pressure for even a "generational" kicker to handle.
The blocked kick was going to miss left also. Wonnum was well to the left of the proper direction when he blocked it.

Rodrigo Blankenship
Pats 181-181
Fgs. 65-78 83.3% before Saturday it was 86%. This was the worst game of his career
Under 40 yds 41-44 93%
40-49 18-26 70%
Over 50 6-8 75%
This was the first blocked kick of his career

Over the past two years he has kicked off 139 times only 19 have been returned

Averaged 46 yds a punt in HS

He is a generational kicker for any program

Rodrigo Blankenship
Pats 181-181
Fgs. 65-78 83.3% before Saturday it was 86%. This was the worst game of his career
Under 40 yds 41-44 93%
40-49 18-26 70%
Over 50 6-8 75%
This was the first blocked kick of his career

Over the past two years he has kicked off 139 times only 19 have been returned

Averaged 46 yds a punt in HS

He is a generational kicker for any program
Thanks for pointless stats. No one here says he sucks. We all say he's great. He had a bad game and most here are glad it happened against us.

Reactions: PC31
I'm not gonna knock the kid as he is still a great kicker, but when commentators start making these over the top statements they're setting themselves up for failure. I'm not complaining though because it worked out in our favor. I do think Wonnum's block earlier in the game messed with his confidence too.
The announcers jinxed Parker also. Right before the kick that would have won it in the first OT, the announcer said he was perfect from under 40 yards this year. I told my wife right then that's the kind of statement that will jinx a kicker. Sure enough.

The announcers jinxed Parker also. Right before the kick that would have won it in the first OT, the announcer said he was perfect from under 40 yards this year. I told my wife right then that's the kind of statement that will jinx a kicker. Sure enough.
Yeah that was my thought process too. The same thing happens in a tight basketball game, the commentators will talk about how great our free throw shooting is for the game and like clock work we will miss.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT