ADVERTISEMENT

Brandon Martin

Bud Wiser

Aug 14, 2021
Got the start tonight. Not sure what that says about this team. It’s a weird situation all around. I’d think if he were a legit D-1 athlete he would’ve been here from the beginning. Goes to USC-U, plays a season and basically misses last year. Now he’s starting for his dad’s team.

It has to be weird for him. He looks a bit lost out there and Frank went on the court to chew his a$$ out after he messed up on a play that led to a 10-second violation. Has to be weird being on the team when you see your dad chew out the other guys too.

Not complaining, just a strange situation. I know players have played for their dad’s for years. But this one seems a little out there.

He has played well! 3 points and 8 boards.
I’m sure his dad’s comfort level with him out there plays a part. But there have been a few offensive possessions where he had no idea what to do. I was surprised. I hope he does well. Still would think he could’ve gone somewhere better than USCU if he truly had the ability to play at this level. Maybe Martin wanted him to play for Dave Dickerson for a couple of years and then transfer in rather than come in as a freshman. I don’t know…

Reactions: whythis28
I think if his job wasn't in jeopardy he wouldn't have brought him on the team. But I believe since he really doesn't have much to lose he decided to go out with his son for better or worse.

For the first couple of games I wasn't impressed with him and figured he would just be an end of the bench, walk on type of player. But these last two games he has been pretty good and we likely don't win the game without his impact tonight.

I'd rather have Brandon in there than the Carter kid. I was not impressed with him last night. I know he's a freshman, but again, not impressed. Hope he improves.
Really? Carter is going to be our best player over the next 3-4 years. The fact Frank put the game in his hands as a freshman, instead of Cousinard, shows how much Frank thinks of Carter. He’s a little raw, but he did make 4 clutch free throws to win the game as well.

Reactions: roosterbell
Really? Carter is going to be our best player over the next 3-4 years. The fact Frank put the game in his hands as a freshman, instead of Cousinard, shows how much Frank thinks of Carter. He’s a little raw, but he did make 4 clutch free throws to win the game as well.
Maybe he was having a bad game last night, but I wasn't impressed. As I said, I hope he improves. He looked lost quite a few times last night, especially when pressured by their D.

I hope Cousinard gets better. I need to get used to the new team.

Devin Carter is the best option we've had since maybe Thornwell at taking his man off the dribble and getting to the rim. He's a bit raw but you have to love his aggressiveness. That's an area we've been deficient in for quite a while. He's got a scorers mentality and the athleticism to back it up.

Looking forward to watching him develop. He's got a chance to be really good for us.

Maybe he was having a bad game last night, but I wasn't impressed. As I said, I hope he improves. He looked lost quite a few times last night, especially when pressure

I agree with Bud ... the little I have seen him, he seems to have a fairly decent IQ on the floor, moves without the ball, sees the floor well, is unselfish ... he will only get stronger and grow more in confidence ... very creative ... humble thoughts ...

Martin hustles, plays good d, and is in the right spot. He's not an offensive machine, but he's not trying to be. I have been pleasantly surprised by his play. He can give us helpful minutes. I'm sure the rotation will continue to evolve. But anyone who thinks about tearing this guy down at this point is really telling us about themselves.

Maybe he was having a bad game last night, but I wasn't impressed. As I said, I hope he improves. He looked lost quite a few times last night, especially when pressured by their D.
Chico or Devin? Devin is going to be a stud. Chico looks like a freshman trying to figure it out. They are 4 games in..........we'll see how they develop.

Reactions: Jon Snow
Chico or Devin? Devin is going to be a stud. Chico looks like a freshman trying to figure it out. They are 4 games in..........we'll see how they develop.
This was my thought as well. Chico struggles while he was in the game, and is going to have a hard time getting out of the doghouse. Devin is a very solid freshman.

Reactions: tngamecock#
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT