ADVERTISEMENT

Brea Hall

hahnenkampf

Aug 7, 2005
Had an awesome night at Mizzou last night — 4 of 4 from long range! She has such an easy touch on the ball — kinda reminds me of Tiffany Mitchell’s movements to the basket. She’s having a superb year so far.

This year's WBB might be the most entertaining we've had to date.
But last year's was the greatest. Their tragedy will only be more clearly visited upon people's guts as the ensuing years click off without our winning another national championship.

But last year's was the greatest. Their tragedy will only be more clearly visited upon people's guts as the ensuing years click off without our winning another national championship.
Much like our baseball program — but ya just never know.

nah- as I said at the time- it stunk to lose- no getting around that- but it's barely even mentioned at this point.

Certainly no tragedy to end the year in the Final Four.

This team is going to compete at a high level and the program is going to compete at the highest level for years to come if Coach Staley remains head coach.

We will win another……this team is better offensively and not much of a drop defensively. In my opinion, the urgency is this year before CK leaves. The pieces are there. But I agree last year will haunt us forever.

We will win another……this team is better offensively and not much of a drop defensively. In my opinion, the urgency is this year before CK leaves. The pieces are there. But I agree last year will haunt us forever.
We've got people saying how much better balanced this team is, how much more shooting ability we have on this team. So I'm doubling down on those people. Come on out and SAY that we OUGHT to win the national championship. Say it!

We've got people saying how much better balanced this team is, how much more shooting ability we have on this team. So I'm doubling down on those people. Come on out and SAY that we OUGHT to win the national championship. Say it!
Can and ought have very different meanings. We are currently the best team in the country. So we can….but we know ought is misleading

Ought is too strong of a word for a game that has vastly expanded talent across the board. They have a good chance of winning it all but that is as far as you can go. There are players out there who can take over a game against anybody and do what Caitlin Clark did to us last year. This is not the womens basketball of the Pat Summit-Geno rivalry days, not even close. Too many good teams and on any given day, you don't know.

Reactions: hahnenkampf
We've all these people pointing out all our various strengths and how much more balanced this team is than the team that won 35 games last year was, trotting out all kinds of statistics to prove how good we are. Yet they don't want to unabashedly predict a national championship. It's if this or possibly that or maybe the other. That's mealy-mouthed.

We've all these people pointing out all our various strengths and how much more balanced this team is than the team that won 35 games last year was, trotting out all kinds of statistics to prove how good we are. Yet they don't want to unabashedly predict a national championship. It's if this or possibly that or maybe the other. That's mealy-mouthed.
I have watched every team in the top 10 play. At this point, I truly believe we are the best team in the country. But if you need someone to say we ought to win the national championship, I will gladly say that.

And you know what happens if I am wrong? Nothing.……cause I have been wrong many times in my life.

I have watched every team in the top 10 play. At this point, I truly believe we are the best team in the country. But if you need someone to say we ought to win the national championship, I will gladly say that.

And you know what happens if I am wrong? Nothing.……cause I have been wrong many times in my life.
So there's nothing personal to lose, which is exactly my point.

Reactions: tngamecock#
I am all in. I have tickets to Albany because I know they will be there. And yes, at this point it appears we ought to win the national championship. However, there is a lot of season left to play and injuries can always happen. Coming into the season, I would have told you that UConn ought to win it all, yet they have suffered devestating injuries and likely won't. I will say, similar to last year, not winning it all will be a very tough pill to swallow.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT