ADVERTISEMENT

Clayton White

Make the assessment at the end of the year. We have played 2 pretty tough teams while most everyone else has played FCS or non power 5 opponents. I think over the course of the year the stats will look better as everyone gets into conference play.

In my opinion we aren't 1-2 so far this year because of defense.
  1. Our offense cant sustain drives because we have no running game.
  2. We have one of the worst percentages of 3 and out on offense in the country and it results in our defense being on the field most of the game.
  3. With the staff change at the end of 2020, it hurt recruiting for the 2 classes that should be making up most of our upper classmen starters.
I suspect next year we start seeing the program trending back up again as more of Beamer's recruits continue to mature in the program. Having Burch and Edmund transfer out did not help but I think we have some hungry young guys this year and a couple major blue chip guys coming in the next class that I think will solve that.

We have got to get some running backs on the team and we have got to get the offensive and defensive lines shored up. O line recruiting is looking up so that should get better with time.

Frankly I think its time to make a change at RB coach at the end of this year. Hardesty's recruiting has been nonexistent. We should be getting 2-3 running backs in every class. Hardesty has only gotten 1 RB recruit in 3 recruiting classes with DJ Braswell.

Reactions: Ward Jr
The only reason he wasn't on the hot seat the past two years is because our offense was so bad.

I Imagine he'll be the sacrificial lamb this offseason.

If someone had told me Georgia was only going to score 24 points, I would have said we could win a close one. Draw whatever conclusions you wish.

Reactions: Ward Jr
If someone had told me Georgia was only going to score 24 points, I would have said we could win a close one. Draw whatever conclusions you wish.

Agree. Everything went wrong on offense in that 2nd half starting with the rain and the fact we couldn't run the ball. Players dropped passes on key plays that were right in their hands. Penalties galore including that one which Beamer referenced on 4th down. 2 INTs...Plays that could have swung the momentum back in our favor.

If anyone wants to take issue with our defensive play, I wouldn't use the last game as a reference point. They played outstanding in the 1st half. As posted earlier in the week, UGA had been held to 24 points once in the last seven years at home and that was to us in 2019.

Reactions: king ward
who knows with kids coming and going. In the past you can look at younger kids and say we should be better next year with experience. These days they leave after a year and that never happens. Hard to pull for a college or professional team when they leave so often. Miss the days of watching kids grow or having a favorite team (Lions) because of 1 player (Barry Sanders). Do LeBron James fans also pull for Cavaliers, Heat and Lakers?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT