ADVERTISEMENT

clemsux little man syndrome. Amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like the recruits are gravitating towards them for things like that. When Datboy started his "Clemson Google" campaign as he calls it, his recruiting took off. I find it ironic that the song in the video mentions "dead presidents."

0f7b31ea9e67a55103b3371b104464f7b1d97976907cd0d891173387e2f68e16.jpg

Clemson has put out some great receivers the last 5 years. This is a funny battle between them and UT. UT put a video out before this one and its actually good, problem is the footage is older than most of the kids they are trying to recruit.

In reality, LSU has over twice as many WR's on NFL rosters. But, Dabo has never let facts stand in his way!

I hate giving schools names like this but your facts are a bit off. In 2014 LSU had 7, Miami had 7, Clemson had 5, and Tenn had 3. I would bet if you look at production from those WRs then Clemson is out front. In my opinion having guys on the roster is not as important as if they actually contribute to a teams success.

Reactions: jimbob1019
[QUOTE="eahjr, post: 401025, member: 5660"]Seems like the recruits are gravitating towards them for things like that. When Datboy started his "Clemson Google" campaign as he calls it, his recruiting took off. I find it ironic that the song in the video mentions "dead presidents."[/QUOTE]

Exactly. This is the most important part of this. These kids eat this type of stuff up and the more you put your school out there in social media where these kids spend tons of time the more they will look in your direction.

Did Carolina football start six years ago?

Typical tater, always wanting to live in the past in an effort to ignore when that team from the upstate became our punching bag 6 years ago

If you judge both teams since Dumbo came on board, the Gamecocks beat a top 25 tater team 4 out of 5 years. In other words, we used klempsun to catapult us into the top 10 in 2012 and 2013. I'm not proud of the fact that klempsun beat the hell out of us in 2014, but I am happy it was a worthless victory over a barely mediocre Gamecock squad. Congrats klempsun!!! You beat Spurrier's worst team ever!!!

If you judge both teams since Dumbo came on board, the Gamecocks beat a top 25 tater team 4 out of 5 years. In other words, we used klempsun to catapult us into the top 10 in 2012 and 2013. I'm not proud of the fact that klempsun beat the hell out of us in 2014, but I am happy it was a worthless victory over a barely mediocre Gamecock squad. Congrats klempsun!!! You beat Spurrier's worst team ever!!!

A win over your rival is something to celebrate no matter what. It made it even more meaningful because of the gamecocks win streak. If the roles were reversed you guys would have been bouncing off the walls and beating your chest too. As a matter of fact I didnt see many gamecock fans talking about how the win over a Clemson team in 2010 was worthless just because that team was 6-6. You guys had scoreboard for 5 years and enjoyed every minute of it. Now Clemson fans are enjoying having scoreboard no matter how bad Carolina was last season. Its just how rivalries work.

Lets face it, Dumbo has every Clemson Walmart Tshirt wearing redneck in South Carolina coming out the woodwork proclaiming they are the most elite program in the land. Playing golf with a Tater today and all he talked about was how they were gona make a run for the playoffs this year. Said we didn't have the talent to compete with them. Said Watson would be the Heisman WINNER.

Reactions: CaliCock
Clemson is much better at promotion than USC. That's just an unfortunate fact. I am not convinced that our marketing department does that great of a job.

I hate to admit it, but I 100% agree with this.

You know those University commercials that always air during a telecast of the game.....ours ALWAYS sucks & is usually very bland. Clem's....(this is painful) are always good.

Lets face it, Dumbo has every Clemson Walmart Tshirt wearing redneck in South Carolina coming out the woodwork proclaiming they are the most elite program in the land. Playing golf with a Tater today and all he talked about was how they were gona make a run for the playoffs this year. Said we didn't have the talent to compete with them. Said Watson would be the Heisman WINNER.

How does Clemson get every 'Walmart wearing redneck in South Carolina" to be a fan? I'm pretty sure USC has some redneck fans. There is nothing redneck about Walmart or people who shop there anyway, it is a store.

Watson is a talented QB.

I don't think any Clemson fan said Clemson is the most elite program in the land. The recruiting has picked up under Dabo the past few years. Clemson is getting great players out of Florida and other states, players recruited by Alabama and other elite programs.

Clemson probably has best group of running backs that it has ever had right now, plus a good group of Wide receivers. Also real good in the secondary and our O line looks to be better than it has been the last 10 years. Given SC lost their best passing QB in school history in Dylan Thompson, Mike Davis, Rory Anderson and their defense wasn't great last year, it is hard to think SC is likely to beat Clemson next year unless the loss of Vic Beasley and Stephone Anthony can't be overcome.

Last edited:
Yep, if we beat them five in a row and sucked, then how badly did clemsux suck??

Clemson wasn't any good the first two years of SC's streak. They had Clemson in Columbia Boyd's first year and we had some issues on the O-line and in the secondary, that was the team that got crushed by West Virginia in the bowl if I'm not mistaken.

The win two years ago in Columbia was just due to Clemson turning it over 6 times, 2 of those drops by the punt returner, another was bad luck for Boyd in a scrum with guys hacking at his hands.

I hate to admit it, but I 100% agree with this.

You know those University commercials that always air during a telecast of the game.....ours ALWAYS sucks & is usually very bland. Clem's....(this is painful) are always good.

Clemson's could be better, I don't think they talk about the lakes and proximity to mountains which to me is what it more unique than most colleges.

It is surprising SC isn't better at marketing their program given they hype up their business program so much.

Clemson wasn't any good the first two years of SC's streak. They had Clemson in Columbia Boyd's first year and we had some issues on the O-line and in the secondary, that was the team that got crushed by West Virginia in the bowl if I'm not mistaken.

The win two years ago in Columbia was just due to Clemson turning it over 6 times, 2 of those drops by the punt returner, another was bad luck for Boyd in a scrum with guys hacking at his hands.

You sound like dabo with these excuses.

You sound like dabo with these excuses.

Not excuses, I am only saying Clemson wasn't good the first two years of the streak. And pointing out that 2 out of 3 of the Boyd years were in Columbia obviously including his first year and 2nd year was freak turnover fest.

SC was better program for 3 years, at least on defense.

Dylan Thompson may have played the best of any QB at Clemson in Death Valley's history two years ago. He was known as the Clemson Slayer, until this year. lol

It wasn't a worthless victory given Clemson ended up ranked in top 15 which is amazing given how bad our offense was with Stoudt at QB most of the season.

SC never won the SEC despite their best teams ever, and only won the weaker SEC east once. 3 years they beat the eventual East champ and ended up losing the division anyway due to bad losses. Two years when SC was ranked 4 at the end of the season, they had actually loss to a horrible Tennessee team so the top 10 ranking was dubious.

SC was a top 10 program for 3 years but they could have won a title if they had not had a letdown.

SC has lost all that NFL talent and doesn't seem like they have reloaded but you never know. Athlon Sports has the SC quarterback ranked second to last in SEC, only beating out Vandy.

Plus it appears Tenn and Kentucky are getting better and Florida should be better on offense this year. SC has a tough opening game against a UNC team that can score a lot of points. They scored a lot at Clemson last year against maybe our best defense of all time.

Last edited:

BS. They went to the Orange Bowl both years so they must have been great.

Reactions: IrmoRed and rpp2001
I think it was Sammy Watkins and Nuk Hopkins who started calling it Wide Receiver University. Dabo also played WR on an Alabama title team which I think is a big factor in us getting these stud WRs.

SC has had some really good and underated receivers in recent years.

I wouldn't mind if we were running back university though. we have good shot at being top rushing team this year.

Sounds like another Clemson Tater posing as a Gamecock. Dabo had his best team ever last year and Spurrier had his worst. Spurrier got caught in a talent shortage which in my opinion has been corrected already. Clemson as in so many years is a paper Tiger and as they are forced to toughen up the schedule because an ACC one on its own merit likely wont' reach the playoffs even as the conference champ. I see Tillman College losing five this year and falling even farther back in the arms race with USC.

Sounds like another Clemson Tater posing as a Gamecock. Dabo had his best team ever last year and Spurrier had his worst. Spurrier got caught in a talent shortage which in my opinion has been corrected already. Clemson as in so many years is a paper Tiger and as they are forced to toughen up the schedule because an ACC one on its own merit likely wont' reach the playoffs even as the conference champ. I see Tillman College losing five this year and falling even farther back in the arms race with USC.

I never said I was a Gamecock. Pretty obvious I am Clemson alum.

It wasn't best team ever with Stoudt at QB. Our worse offense in 4-5 years.

ACC has been tougher than SEC east and Arkansas who SC used to always play in recent years. I think Tenn, Ark and KY had like 4 wins b/t them in in 3 years.

FSU made playoffs this year despite no impressive victiories in ACC.

tillman lived in Columbia

SC doesn't have a proven QB and Athlon ranked the new guy second to last in SEC. It is doubtful your O line and defense will be better. I'm not rooting against SC though, a good SC is good for Clemson b/c good players like going to schools with good rivalry that gets some national publicily. Losing to SC 5 years in row never hurt our recruiting.

I don't think any Clemson fan said Clemson is the most elite program in the land.

LOL. Maybe not in so many words, but the Tillmanite hasn't been born that will ever admit they got beat by a better team when they lose. It's always "we beat ourselves". If that isn't thinking you're the most elite program in the land I don't know what is.

Reactions: dssgateway1
no excuse for this past season though :)

Haha. No excuse for clemsux this year. In fact, dumbo was so determined not to lose to Carolina for a 6th time, he tore his precious all-world qb's ACL by practicing him for the Carolina game...when he should have been resting & rehabbing a bruised ACL. dumbo was desperate and ripped the guy's knee in the process. Good thing it worked out for him (at least it was a 'w'). Otherwise, he wouldn't be bragging about Watson playing with a torn ACL. In fact, I bet we would never have heard about it! Heck, dumbo would have rolled him out on the filed in a wheelchair, if he had to.... If we'd had any kind of defense, it wouldn't have worked out so well for him. But enjoy! hope it doesn't come back to bite everyone in the arse. lol. Watson seems injury prone and now he's had surgery because of his selfish cheerleader coach. Dumbo's desperation is really hilarious.

Reactions: dssgateway1
Do y'all really think Dabo forced him to play without input from doctors or Deshaun himself?
I'm sure a 19 yo would love the chance to be a hero, so he was "all in". As for the doctors, ask Willie Korn & his parents about the ineptitude of the clemsux medical staff. There's a reason clemsux doesn't have a medical university.

It was actually receivers from the state of Florida that call them WRU. Then a former NFL receiver KJ and His son KJ Jr called them WRU.
Their coaches went with it

Haha. No excuse for clemsux this year. In fact, dumbo was so determined not to lose to Carolina for a 6th time, he tore his precious all-world qb's ACL by practicing him for the Carolina game...when he should have been resting & rehabbing a bruised ACL. dumbo was desperate and ripped the guy's knee in the process. Good thing it worked out for him (at least it was a 'w'). Otherwise, he wouldn't be bragging about Watson playing with a torn ACL. In fact, I bet we would never have heard about it! Heck, dumbo would have rolled him out on the filed in a wheelchair, if he had to.... If we'd had any kind of defense, it wouldn't have worked out so well for him. But enjoy! hope it doesn't come back to bite everyone in the arse. lol. Watson seems injury prone and now he's had surgery because of his selfish cheerleader coach. Dumbo's desperation is really hilarious.

Watson tore the ACL early in the G Tech game couple weeks befores. It was a freak thing. Physicians signed off on it, said he couldn't damage it was torn.

Watson was never injured in high school. A pinky injury and a freak ACL ttear doesn't make him injury prone. He beat SC with a torn ACL. He is not any more injury prone than Connor Shaw was.

Dabo had good reason to be desparate. Some fans want to fire him over the 5 game streak to one school.

I'm sure a 19 yo would love the chance to be a hero, so he was "all in". As for the doctors, ask Willie Korn & his parents about the ineptitude of the clemsux medical staff. There's a reason clemsux doesn't have a medical university.

Willie Korn ended up playing for North Greenville. He wasn't good at the college level.

Clemson would have won the game with Stoudt. Got pushed around on both sides of the ball up front all game.

There are already two medical schools in SC and makes sense for medical school to be in an urban area.

Clemson has an excellent graduate level bioengineering program that looks at joint related things.

Hard to say Clemson is irrelevant with 5 wins over SEC schools in recent years plus bowl wins over Ohio State and Oklhoama, the two teams that beat Alabama the previous or next year in bowl.
Clemson is listed as having 9 receivers drafted in the last 25 years. In that span we've had the exact same number of WRs drafted. By Dabo's standards I guess that makes us co-WR-U.

Clemson has put 5 or 6 WRs in the league in past few years, plus a TE on the Colts. Hopkins, Watkins and Bryant all look to be elite.

No doubt Clemson is overhyping it, that is what college fball is all about. it is all in good fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT