ADVERTISEMENT

Dabdumb called out by state senator (link)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I support Dabo here.

The Gay, Lesbian and Transgender groups are getting out of hand.

It's only 2% of the population, but they act as majority...

I don't care if this group wants to marry each other, that's their own business... They are allowed to have their own group about gay marriage, why can't other folks have their own group for traditional marriage.

It's a free country...

I bet this will help Dabo in recruiting when the mama's see he is for traditional marriage... Personally, in this case, I don't think Dabo is doing it for recruiting... This is his belief and why punish him for his belief...

Last edited:
You know what ? All the gay marry stuff ain't about emotions it's about $$. It's about tax returns, adding your "partner" to your health ins etc. If you want to be gay then be gay and leave the rest of us alone and stop crying like a little French girl (oops was that racist) ! United States of the offended is what we are now. If dabo had stoken at a Nazi rally when wouldn't hear peep from Senator human rights. Shut up!

No ones saying we should discriminate against anyone. Actually, in this case, Dabdumb is the one being discriminated against because of his beliefs. That's the whole hypocrisy behind a lot of these groups. They're doing the same thing they're complaining others are doing to them.
Yeah, they're a minority. Why can't we legally discriminate against them? Of, right, the constitution. You people should join us in the post enlightenment world.

Maybe he was called out because he is a highly recognized state employee, and as such is not suppose to attend or take sides in a matter like this. And, because of his job title he is not able to attend these functions as an indivual void of his state job. What would the reaction be if he was attending a KKK meeting? And, by the way, "those" people are closer to 10% of the population.

Maybe he was called out because he is a highly recognized state employee, and as such is not suppose to attend or take sides in a matter like this. And, because of his job title he is not able to attend these functions as an indivual void of his state job. What would the reaction be if he was attending a KKK meeting? And, by the way, "those" people are closer to 10% of the population.
You don't support traditional marriage and thats fine. But dabo can believe what he wants to believe too right? Plus spare me the 10% thing that just a myth. And why does everything turn to race with libs?

Being criticized isn't the same as being discriminated. Take a public stance, that happens. See first amendment. Second, you're opinion on gay rights is the minority. Sucks, hhuh?

Being criticized isn't the same as being discriminated. Take a public stance, that happens. See first amendment. Second, you're opinion on gay rights is the minority. Sucks, hhuh?

lol, i'm not sure what you mean by "gay rights" but the vote to legalize gay marriage has lost in every state its ever been put on the ballot except two

Not trying to be inflammatory but why is an event supporting traditional marriage viewed as anti gay, but gay rights parades are never portrayed as anti traditional marriage? I'm all for freedom for everyone. Live and let live is good by me, it appears that the gay rights activists( not gays as a whole) are the worst. I'm sick of them basically saying " I refuse to tolerate your intolerance".

Reactions: sc-bob
Hate to break to the so-called post enlightened loons, but there is only marriage and it is between a man and a woman......that is from well-tested societies for over two millennia.

Never fails to amaze that there are people whom are silly enough to listen to the progressive community, which just spent the last century drooling over some of the worst governments in recorded history from Soviet Russia to Maoist China to East Germany to Vietcong and on to the Kymer Rouge, with their society destroying fads.

As if their social ideas aren't as horrible as their foreign government ideas.

It is NEVER a good idea to listen to loons whom couldn't tell the difference between the murderous Soviets and a girl scout troop.

Either allow gay marriage or get rid of it all together. Or maybe our government could stop pretending like we are such a free and advanced nation. Then we wouldn't have all these interest groups.

lol, i'm not sure what you mean by "gay rights" but the vote to legalize gay marriage has lost in every state its ever been put on the ballot except two
I'm probably libertarian when it comes to social issues. I don't care if you're gay or Christian or a Scientoligist or a goat. I generally support everyone's right to do and believe as they choose. But, I'll say this. I seriously doubt those who support Dabo based upon the argument that he's entitled to express his Christian beliefs would say the same if he were Muslim. If a group of Muslims want to gather at the Capitol to pray, or if they want to run a Muslim school and be free from Govt intrusion, I'd be willing to bet that these same people would express outrage, especially if tax dollars were spent. My point is that the hard core Christians, like Bill O'Reilly, who claim that Christianity is under attack by the secularists or the Govt would not say the same if the Muslims were treated the same way.

And, to be crystal clear I'm not a Muslim sympathizer in the least.

I think the point of my thread got hijacked. I was just trying to point out that Dabdumb says and does a lot of stupid things that no one challenges him on. Someone chose to attack for this doesn't make much sense to me other than someone trying to get their name in the paper. I wasn't trying to start a political or biblical debate. Lol, sorry.

Reactions: VirgilCaine
I may not agree with gay marriages, but if they are legal, how does that affect me personally? I'd say not at all. Just like legalizing Marijuana, I see no issue with it. What you do in the privacy of your home, as long as no one else is physically injured, is YOUR BUSINESS, not the Government's. The U.S. has REAL problems that need to be addressed, such as infra-structure (bridges, roads, railways, etc.), violent crime, military and entitlement spending, securing our borders, etc.

Gay marriage really isn't a threat to anyone, except their personal beliefs. There are MANY more pressing issues than this one....

I can see a lot of thinly disguised prejudice and hatred ITT. It's too bad that a lot of Southern xtians would applaud what Hitler did to Gays. Churches use Southerner's hatred and disdain for Gays as a recruiting and donation tool. Why don't these same pulpiteers scream about adultery which is condemned just as strongly in the bible? Maybe it's because the pews would be empty the following Sunday. Heteros have no moral standing to criticize anyone's sexual conduct with the divorce rate so high in "traditional marriage".

Article about Ireland voting to legalize same sex marriage from the NY Times:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/24/w...0150524&nl=todaysheadlines&nlid=49610114&_r=0

Senator is complaining that Dabdumb is speaking at a fundraiser for a group who supports traditional marriage. I just keep thinking they're so many other things he could be called out on. This is what they pick? SMH
http://www.thestate.com/news/politi...s-columns-blogs/the-buzz/article21695046.html
yet the people in Clemson feel it's perfectly ok to have relations with sheep and other farm animals. I actually think this could work in our favor. Intolerance is becoming more and more taboo and the younger generation has a different view of homosexuality than most of us grew up with. Hopefully this will result into some boycotts and picketing.

Reactions: Bleedgandb3334
I can see a lot of thinly disguised prejudice and hatred ITT. It's too bad that a lot of Southern xtians would applaud what Hitler did to Gays. Churches use Southerner's hatred and disdain for Gays as a recruiting and donation tool. Why don't these same pulpiteers scream about adultery which is condemned just as strongly in the bible? Maybe it's because the pews would be empty the following Sunday. Heteros have no moral standing to criticize anyone's sexual conduct with the divorce rate so high in "traditional marriage".

Article about Ireland voting to legalize same sex marriage from the NY Times:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/24/w...0150524&nl=todaysheadlines&nlid=49610114&_r=0

So, do you or do you not think Dabo has a right to attend this event?

Senator is complaining that Dabdumb is speaking at a fundraiser for a group who supports traditional marriage. I just keep thinking they're so many other things he could be called out on. This is what they pick? SMH
http://www.thestate.com/news/politi...s-columns-blogs/the-buzz/article21695046.html

Very sad that Sen. Rutherford and a lot of these people don`t know the definition of "discrimination," which is now their cry word. The liberal media, the high and mighties, have taken this word and totally distorted this situation, but the lemmings are falling right in line. Discrimination is when blacks, gays, women, other minorities can`t eat with others in a restaurant, have to sit in the back of the bus, aren`t hired for a job because of their gender, color of their skin or their sexual orientation, etc. Being against same-sex marriage is nothing of the kind, but now they are trying to brainwash people into believing this. It boils down to them wanting to change the definition of marriage, which has existed for eons. All of a sudden something that was sacred is no longer what it was, now it is something else because they want it, they demand it, to be. All of these people crying discrimination are like Al Sharpton calling everything racism when often it isn`t.. It`s time to stand up for traditional values and to fight back, as these are the most intolerant group of people around. And no, we aren`t "bigots" just because we don`t want the legal definition of marriage bastardized. I applaud Dabo, Nikki Haley, Ray Tanner or whoever else has the courage to stick by traditional values. Todd Rutherford should be the one stepping away - from his office.

Very sad that Sen. Rutherford and a lot of these people don`t know the definition of "discrimination," which is now their cry word. The liberal media, the high and mighties, have taken this word and totally distorted this situation, but the lemmings are falling right in line. Discrimination is when blacks, gays, women, other minorities can`t eat with others in a restaurant, have to sit in the back of the bus, aren`t hired for a job because of their gender, color of their skin or their sexual orientation, etc. Being against same-sex marriage is nothing of the kind, but now they are trying to brainwash people into believing this. It boils down to them wanting to change the definition of marriage, which has existed for eons. All of a sudden something that was sacred is no longer what it was, now it is something else because they want it, they demand it, to be. All of these people crying discrimination are like Al Sharpton calling everything racism when often it isn`t.. It`s time to stand up for traditional values and to fight back, as these are the most intolerant group of people around. And no, we aren`t "bigots" just because we don`t want the legal definition of marriage bastardized. I applaud Dabo, Nikki Haley, Ray Tanner or whoever else has the courage to stick by traditional values. Todd Rutherford should be the one stepping away - from his office.

I'm with you man, isn't it enough that we allow gays and blacks to work and eat in restaurants? I mean we keep giving and they want more more more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT