ADVERTISEMENT

Deshaun Watson has a big story in USA Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
That seems more like what you want to happen than what is likely to happen. Can you honestly not see that the tide has turned back in our favor?
No of course not until you beat us 2 times in a row the tide has not turned in your favor. 1 win since Obama has been president doesn't prove anything. Am I being unreasonable ? Nobody is saying you shouldn't brag about beating us. But spar me the worm has turned stuff.

Ok, so. .is Watson trying to convince himself that he won't lose to the Cocks ever ? sounds like he is trying some self confidence. I read the article and so what ? He better hope the tiggers win, thats big smack talk after winning at home against a weak USC defense. Come do that at WB then talk trash.

Reactions: chick75
Didn't take long for a Tater to come over here and grace us with his BS. You lost your best players on D like we had last year. If you think your D will be anywhere near last years D you are kidding yourself. Man this is gonna be good. Your O will score pts but your D is gonna give up a bunch.

[QUO ki
TE="na_alum, post: 426786, member: 17512"]
they-see-me-trolling-o.gif
[/QUOTE]
Wow. "You mad" The kids still saying that. How about up your nose with a rubber hose.

Didn't take long for a Tater to come over here and grace us with his BS. You lost your best players on D like we had last year. If you think your D will be anywhere near last years D you are kidding yourself. Man this is gonna be good. Your O will score pts but your D is gonna give up a bunch.

We did have two really good players taken in the first round and several others drafted, etc. So are you saying those returning players don't exist? You are correct about one thing. Somebody is kidding themselves ...

Dabo finally gets the upper hand and wins one vs us. I get so tired of all the Clemson BS since the finally won one. To Matt Tater and all the rest, no, you won't win this year .Nobody at USC fears your little bragging QB or your team for that matter. It will be interesting and fun if you are a Gamecock to see little Watson running for dear life with a pass rush on him and look for the cocks to have a good one this year. Once again Carolina will be a much larger bunch than Clemson and we should be able to pound the daylights out of the Tater D without having to pass very often. YA"LL keep bragging like you always do in pre season then start taking off your Tater plates and rally flags about mid season when your brief happiness crashes back down to reality.

Reactions: dgillespie14
Damn....This is gonna be good. Taters lost a ton. We have pressure this year, and it will be different

I take it you don't realize that 3 soph DL's, all with multiple starts since they were freshmen, had 4.5 TFL in the game vs. your "great OL". That the same two LB's that started vs OU return. That one CB and a safety that started all year, plus other DB's with starts, return. There are lots of rising sophs and RS FR who waited behind some really good players that will be counted on for depth.

Aren't you the team counting on some incoming JUCO's to change the nature of your D? You aren't there unless there are issues.

CU will not be as good as last year on D. Just don't have the quality experienced depth. But the talent all ready there and the incoming talent on D was more highly rated than yours at all positions. We all will get to see them play in Nov.

The major juco players were getting were players committed to us that didn't have the grades at the time to play, now they have raised their scores and are ready to play. As for your more highly rated comment, I'll ignore because it's just an ignorant statement. Considering stars don't equal wins in all cases.

Why are we lambasting this kid for setting goals? No kid wants to lose to the rival of his future school, and I'm pretty sure every QB wants to win the Heisman.

That said, I think having an NFL assistant running our defense with a few JUCOs will be able to shut him down. We have a plethora of depth at WR, Mitch will have all day to throw to whoever he likes.

The taters got lucky, but history repeats itself, and the last 6 years we are 5-1, so 6 years from now we will be 10-2, mark it down. They can't hang with the SEC money.

[QUO ki
TE="na_alum, post: 426786, member: 17512"]
they-see-me-trolling-o.gif
Wow. "You mad" The kids still saying that. How about up your nose with a rubber hose.[/QUOTE]

It's funny how these taters are living in lala land... losing about 18 players about 9 starters on defense, playing that schedule where about 6 -8 teams will be better and an one legged QB that hasn't taken the field after surgery and no backup QB...

Y'all don't have 1/4 of the defensive talent that Tajh had to face in his three games, and Watson is head and shoulders better than Boyd. If Clemson loses to SC again while Watson is here I'll eat my hat. Two programs going in opposite directions.

Y'all thought Bobblehead was the best thing since Danny Ford. Remember?

Why are we lambasting this kid for setting goals? No kid wants to lose to the rival of his future school, and I'm pretty sure every QB wants to win the Heisman.

That said, I think having an NFL assistant running our defense with a few JUCOs will be able to shut him down. We have a plethora of depth at WR, Mitch will have all day to throw to whoever he likes.

The taters got lucky, but history repeats itself, and the last 6 years we are 5-1, so 6 years from now we will be 10-2, mark it down. They can't hang with the SEC money.
Nice try, Clemson...... but so obviously transparent.

Reactions: NetworkX
He may be right. Don't blame him for saying that , especially since he was a one-legged QB this past year and he beat the crap out of us. We didn't have the guts to hit him every play regardless if he handed off or kept the ball. Should have jacked his jaw a few times.

Look up Boyd's Heisman/National Championship facebook page after reading this article. Then go read Swag's comments about his awesomeness. If you want some more laughs, google Dabo's comments on the kid that ended his career at North Greenville Hair Institute for Men.

If you're a Clemson QB, you're a Heisman candidate.

On another note, I love the fact the taters dismiss Hoke but think the loss of their OC - the highest paid assistant in America and a guy that they damn near worshiped - is a wash now that they have Jeff Scott calling the plays. Yeah, not a step down there.

I don't like the comments by Watson. I don't mind confidence, but outright predictions are just unnecessary. First off, Jeff Scott is not calling the plays. Tony Elliott is calling the plays and he is a guy that Morris said he would have hired as his OC if he wasn't promoted. So, given that's coming from Morris, a guy we "worship", I am good with that. Offensively, Clemson will be stronger this year in terms of depth and talent. We are deeper at QB IMO, but keeping DW healthy is priority one. We are deeper at WR and more experienced. Most importantly we are finally deeper and healthy at RB instead of relying on a freshman almost all of last year. We also are finally healthy and deep at TE which has been a hole since Dwayne Allen left.

Defensively, it's hard to argue. We have no proven depth. Last year we rotated guys almost every series. That gives our starting guys a lot of experience and we have a lot of confidence in them. We have recruited well, so the depth is unproven but promising. We won't have the two deep to rotate for maybe the first half of the season, but we have confidence in Venebles to bring them along just like last year. Our backfield is stronger and more athletic than we were last year IMO. LBs will be solid. This coupled with a stronger offense and I think we will have the ability to play against anyone on our schedule.

SC's offense lost as much as our D given Thompson was so important IMO. The problem is I don't know who is going to fill in the blanks. I am willing to admit, unlike most here, that just because I am unsure about who is going to replace the guys that left, that I don't assume you guys are going to suck. Spurrier is just too good to not put something of quality out there. I believe in Venebles the same way. So educate us on what proven guys will fill in for the talent lost there. As far as your D, I agree, it couldn't get any worse, but what proven guys are going to improve it that much? Just look at the number of snaps our 2nd string D had last year. That's proven. So, I would be interested to know what you guys are looking at that is proven that has you so confident. Not meant to be a flame, just looking to get some answers. I want to emphasize the word PROVEN.

Reactions: PawPride and 4forcu

LOL I agree history does repeats itself but it goes back further than 6 yrs!

You think you will be better after losing pretty much your entire defense?? Oh wait we recruited players to fill in. LOL yeahhhhh right.

I have no problem with what he is saying... But I am sure everyone realizes "He Made These Comments While In High School,"!

ITT, OP Gamecock fan has trolled his own fanbase.

Thread delivers.

Long summer to wait out - I echo Rod's sentiment. Hope this thread makes it until the season starts!

I'm not sure what the arrangement Dabo made with his co-offensive coordinators and who'll call the plays. So fair enough. On the other hand, one is a WR coach and the other is a RB coach. Neither has served as a coordinator at any level. I just find it funny that Clemmers rundown Hoke for only being a position coach in the friggin NFL given that fact.

As for our defense - it can't be worse. First, no more mumbles trying to figure out sophisticated plays like the wildcat and jet sweep. I'm assuming that Hoke - yes, just an NFL assistant, I know - is familiar with both. Second, we added two of the best defensive juco players in the country to the roster. That should help with the pass rush.The lack of pressure on the QB left the young secondary exposed. Third, the secondary will now be coached by an assistant NFL coach, I know, just an assistant, and the players are a year older. That should help. So, defense will be better.

Offense is another matter. RBs are fine. WRs are anybody's guess given the youth of the unit. Offensive line is bound to struggle. I'm not giving names out of respect, but there are at least two players that will start or get considerable playing time that are not SEC caliber. Frankly, they aren't Coastal caliber. And don't get me started on coaching of that unit. TE is fine. And now the big question, QB. You seem to think the loss of Dylan will be a major blow to production. I find that hard to believe. The kid missed open receivers with a regularity that was scary. He was terrified to run the ball and was useless in that regard. He also seemed to bitch at his lineman, which doesn't say much about his leadership. Mitch is an unknown but he was highly recruited out of high school. The same cannot be said for Thompson.

That said, I'm not confident about this year. I think the top talent on the team isn't there like it used to be. I think the position coaches that were hired over the past three years were a downgrade, both in recruiting and in coaching. I think we have major systemic problems that go back three seasons and I'm not sure how they're resolved.

Reactions: cockgun
which he discusses in depth his knee injury and the decision to play against USC. He says in the story he will not lose to us. I usually shy away from posting tater stuff. However since some of the discussion is about us, figured I'd make an exception.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...on-clemson-quarterback-dabo-swinney/27090379/
He will lose to us next season. IF he makes it that far without getting hurt again. They won't have the same defense backing him up this year. All mistakes will be magnified.

This reeks of sour grapes. A lot of unclassy post. Why wish injury upon another player. He led a Clemson victory over us. Let's give the kid credit and move on. It makes our fan base look bad to put down an 18 year old and predict and wish injuries on him. If we have to hope a kid gets hurt in order to win a game, then we need to look at ourselves in the mirror and ask what kind of human being we are.

Here is the deal. Every press conference or interview with the Klempsun football program is either planned to draw attention or it's reactionary and defensive. Specifically when they talk about the Gamecocks. Spurrier says things off the cuff. He is spontaneous with 90% of his comments(the Morris press conference being an exception). Clowney was baited into his comments and just went with it.

Watson, like Dumbo and Boyd, has an agenda when it comes to South Carolina. A perfect fit for the klempsun football program, Watson's career is all based on POTENTIAL. To this point he has done nothing to warrant the kind of arrogance he exudes, but he loves talking about what he is going to do in the future. Such as, not losing to South Carolina. Good luck with that, Mr Watson. Hope you can stay on the field this season. Get ready for a rude awakening, klempsun fans.

Reactions: chick75
That's a bold statement from an offensive player. He's saying they can alway score enough points to beat us with him at QB. Clowney was a defensive player and his unit had a say about how many points were scored. A QB should keep his pie hole shut. His mouth might be writing a check his defense can't cash.

Not to stir the pot, but the people Watson will be passing and handing the ball off to aren't exactly chopped liver. They will have some depth issues on OL but their first string will be able to hold up. The biggest question mark on Clemsons team is replacing all of the talent they lost on D. We have heard reports that they don't expect to see a drop off from last years D which I can't believe until I see it. I think it will be a 10 or 11 win season for Clemson with possible losses to Notre Dame or FSU.

You lost too much on D for that many wins. I say 9 is about right but we will see. I think you are underestimating your losses on D like a lot of Gamecock fans did last year.

SEC Money = 7-6

This reeks of sour grapes. A lot of unclassy post. Why wish injury upon another player. He led a Clemson victory over us. Let's give the kid credit and move on. It makes our fan base look bad to put down an 18 year old and predict and wish injuries on him. If we have to hope a kid gets hurt in order to win a game, then we need to look at ourselves in the mirror and ask what kind of human being we are.
Saying you doubt the kid can hold up physically through the entire season and wishing he gets injured are two different things. So, you can drop the straw man argument, bud.

Pied Piper Dumbo has these idiots guzzling the Orange Kool Ade. Lost Chad Morris. Lost their Defense. They better score lots of points. Luckily for them they only play about 3 good teams.

Pied Piper Dumbo has these idiots guzzling the Orange Kool Ade. Lost Chad Morris. Lost their Defense. They better score lots of points. Luckily for them they only play about 3 good teams.
Who are the 3 good teams?

Yea, screw them dum taterz. I can't stand 'em. I truly believe that when all is said and dun, my gamcawks are gunna bee da national championz next season. You will see you stupid tater tots.

I love me some cocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT