ADVERTISEMENT

Deshaun Watson has a big story in USA Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are bringing the comedy here. Keep it coming with all these funny predictions. I swear I will need to loan out my insulin pens for all these Taters who have guzzled so much orange kool-ade.

Matt have u not been on Tigernet? What do you expect here? We can discuss football but the delusion level of your fans makes it difficult

Listen sir, as a born and 'bread' gamecock fan, I must say...we are the delusional ones. Where do we get off believing we are a top tier team in ANY sense of the word. What have we accomplished besides a 5-peat over the tiggers EVER? I mean we WERE 1969 ACC Champions!!! Woot Woot! In all seriousness though, we think we are good every season because of OBC. Once he leaves, these boreds will be as empty as they used to be.

Sincerely,
Shane Morgan

Listen sir, as a born and 'bread' gamecock fan, I must say...we are the delusional ones. Where do we get off believing we are a top tier team in ANY sense of the word. What have we accomplished besides a 5-peat over the tiggers EVER? I mean we WERE 1969 ACC Champions!!! Woot Woot! In all seriousness though, we think we are good every season because of OBC. Once he leaves, these boreds will be as empty as they used to be.

Sincerely,
Shane Morgan

uhhh yeah sorry but you are not doing a good job of convincing anyone.

I have a pretty good grasp on it and can recognize it when I see it. Not only in you Taters but in Gamecocks fans as well.

Damn if old 4 for cu hasn't crawled from under his rock after 5 ass whippins and started chirpin again. Good for him. To all you kool- aid drinking Dabo Cultist, get ready to get your ass rocked again this year. No way a Sweeny led team can beat Steve Spurrier probably ever again. Don't worry, we have the horses this year to stop Watson and Co. and run roughshod over the ACC bunch from Pickens county.

Damn if old 4 for cu hasn't crawled from under his rock after 5 ass whippins and started chirpin again. Good for him. To all you kool- aid drinking Dabo Cultist, get ready to get your ass rocked again this year. No way a Sweeny led team can beat Steve Spurrier probably ever again. Don't worry, we have the horses this year to stop Watson and Co. and run roughshod over the ACC bunch from Pickens county.

Okay.

Where do WE as Carolina fans think the speed on defense is coming from? I drink the Garnet Kool-Aid all day, but seriously, you can't teach speed. You can't even feign teaching speed with playcalling. Our defense was slow last season and will continue to be that way until OBC recruits better....O, wait, he can't because he already said he is leaving in 2 years. Sweet!

Sinking ship known as South Carolina Football.

You are not part of WE but you are part of the kool ade sipping Dumbo Swinney worshipers. He is your Pied Piper and you lemmings are gonna follow him. Which is good for us because we get to enjoy it.

Where do WE as Carolina fans think the speed on defense is coming from? I drink the Garnet Kool-Aid all day, but seriously, you can't teach speed. You can't even feign teaching speed with playcalling. Our defense was slow last season and will continue to be that way until OBC recruits better....O, wait, he can't because he already said he is leaving in 2 years. Sweet!

Sinking ship known as South Carolina Football.

U don't know what your talking about Shane Morgan. We have some great players coming to stop Clemson and d Watson next year. JUCO players!! That's right, mighty 9 star JUCO players. They are gonna destroy the college football world! These mighty JUCO players will make our once aweful defense the #1 d in the world. U just wait. U want speed- take a look at our JUCO studs this year.

Reactions: tatertime
U don't know what your talking about Shane Morgan. We have some great players coming to stop Clemson and d Watson next year. JUCO players!! That's right, mighty 9 star JUCO players. They are gonna destroy the college football world! These mighty JUCO players will make our once aweful defense the #1 d in the world. U just wait. U want speed- take a look at our JUCO studs this year.

You sir have OPENED my eyes. I should have never doubted us. Plus, once we get Golson (even though Spurrier doesn't want him, we still get him) we will win the NC this season. Dude...I don't know why people are trying to deny our HUGE and IMPRESSIVE history of dominating football. We are definitely not the delusional fanbase...it's those stinking taters. GAH.

Sincerely,
Shane Morgan

You sir have OPENED my eyes. I should have never doubted us. Plus, once we get Golson (even though Spurrier doesn't want him, we still get him) we will win the NC this season. Dude...I don't know why people are trying to deny our HUGE and IMPRESSIVE history of dominating football. We are definitely not the delusional fanbase...it's those stinking taters. GAH.

Sincerely,
Shane Morgan

National championship....more like we will win the SUPER BOWL!! How can we ever lose when we have JUCO studs. Morons. Tater fans are so delusional for thinking we won't be awesome this. I mean, JUCO players. Duh.

National championship....more like we will win the SUPER BOWL!! How can we ever lose when we have JUCO studs. Morons. Tater fans are so delusional for thinking we won't be awesome this. I mean, JUCO players. Duh.

I can't wait until the first game at willy b and I can't wait to hear 80k fans going nuts when they hear a chicken crow. Im pretty sure every team in the nation wishes they could hear a chicken on gameday. Jealous much. Then, when those cocks come out that tunnel, they will lead the new JUCO saviors out and the stadium will explode. Gamecock football. Nothing like it.

Yea, screw them dum taterz. I can't stand 'em. I truly believe that when all is said and dun, my gamcawks are gunna bee da national championz next season. You will see you stupid tater tots.

I love me some cocks.

Now this I believe but do you like any football teams?

I dont know how anyone could be confident when they lose all their play makers on defense. We learned last year that is not easy to replace. You will see though.

What matters is what you have replacing it. When you lost Melvin Ingram, you had Taylor and Clowney, etc.

The reason why SCar defense struggled last year is a few years of misses and subpar recruiting on the defense...A lot of your big time 4 stars (outside of the linebackers) haven't performed. It takes a year or two to bring young players up to speed when they haven't played snaps. Lewis, Sawyer, Wideman can all be good but it will take time. For example, the Clemson 2012 defense that was awful (like 50-60th in the nation) had the SAME starting DL (besides one starting DE) as the 2014 defense...they were just more experienced.

Clemson has some big time players who have had lots of meaningful snaps. Yes we won't have the depth in 2015 like we did in 2014, but our starting 11 won't see much of a drop off.

We have 3 potential first rounders starting this year on defense in Mack Alexander (CB), Jayron Kearse (S), and Shaq Lawson (DE)...

Reactions: na_alum

Sincerely,
Shane Morgan
how many ID's do you have anyway? I count at least 3.

I can't wait until the first game at willy b and I can't wait to hear 80k fans going nuts when they hear a chicken crow. Im pretty sure every team in the nation wishes they could hear a chicken on gameday. Jealous much. Then, when those cocks come out that tunnel, they will lead the new JUCO saviors out and the stadium will explode. Gamecock football. Nothing like it.
At least our players aren't putting on their pads, uniforms and cleats and getting in a short bus with the coaches to ride a few hundred feet to the other side of the field!! And this from a school that brags about their engineering. LMAO.

What matters is what you have replacing it. When you lost Melvin Ingram, you had Taylor and Clowney, etc.

The reason why SCar defense struggled last year is a few years of misses and subpar recruiting on the defense...A lot of your big time 4 stars (outside of the linebackers) haven't performed. It takes a year or two to bring young players up to speed when they haven't played snaps. Lewis, Sawyer, Wideman can all be good but it will take time. For example, the Clemson 2012 defense that was awful (like 50-60th in the nation) had the SAME starting DL (besides one starting DE) as the 2014 defense...they were just more experienced.

Clemson has some big time players who have had lots of meaningful snaps. Yes we won't have the depth in 2015 like we did in 2014, but our starting 11 won't see much of a drop off.

We have 3 potential first rounders starting this year on defense in Mack Alexander (CB), Jayron Kearse (S), and Shaq Lawson (DE)...

"but our starting 11 won't see much of a drop off. "

Uhhhh yeah right. Yes you will be able to stop the Wake Forest offense but you will struggle against teams that have a decent offense. No way you are not going to drop off losing all those players. You will see. Another lemming guzzling kool ade.

SEC money= 40 wins in four years, five out of the last six wins over your sorry ass team and bowl wins over teams like Michigan, Miami, Wisconsin...

Clemson Goat? It's funny cuz you are obviously to stupid to see the irony in your own screen name... We all know what ya'll do with goats up in them hills.

Clemson Greatest Of All Time...duh huh

SEC money= 40 wins in four years, five out of the last six wins over your sorry ass team and bowl wins over teams like Michigan, Miami, Wisconsin...

Clemson Goat? It's funny cuz you are obviously to stupid to see the irony in your own screen name... We all know what ya'll do with goats up in them hills.
yea and 25 out of 37 is not to bad either.....

They are bringing the comedy here. Keep it coming with all these funny predictions. I swear I will need to loan out my insulin pens for all these Taters who have guzzled so much orange kool-ade.

The thing is, I have no clue where we as south Carolina Gamecocks think we are going to be better than Clemson. Other than JUCO players, what did we do this off season to make a better team? A defensive assistant coach for one of the worst NFL defenses over the last few years? Really?

I like to actually read a football discussion, not the BS some tiger fans list on here. Case and point what we have on this thread. This is not Tnet, we want real discussions, not your uneducated half-witted comebacks you can see all day over there.

It will surely be interesting next year...

First of all, the defense for Clemson will take a step back. If injury hits, two steps. The people who think that Clemson's defense will be bad next year are mistaken. The starting 11 will be just fine. With the exception of Dodd at defensive end, I feel really good about all of the starting lineup. We won't have Beasley (and more critically Garrett), but the overall product will still be solid. We are not replacing star players with talented guys that we HOPE will play well. Each of these replacements is a highly recruited HS player with 200+ snaps of college experience. We don't HOPE they can play, we KNOW they can. They won't be quite as good as the starting 11 last year, but I think they will be fairly close. The real difference is going to be the 2 deep. Last year, our 2 deep was STOCKED with talented guys with experience... in fact, there wasn't a ton of difference between the 1 and 2s. That's the main reason from the claim above. Clemson simply doesn't have that depth this year. There's no drop off in talent... there's a ton of 4 and 5 star talent waiting for a chance... but we are only HOPING that these guys can play. We don't know and won't until we see them in action. Bottom line is that the defense won't be as good as last year, but will not fall as far as most expect. I still expect a top 25 type defense.

Offensively, I'm just waiting to see. Watson's injuries are a head scratcher to me. A collar bone during a full contact scrimmage last spring (stupid). Breaks a finger in a facemask and farks up his knee on a no contact play at GT. Clemson fans say they are freak injuries and USC fans say he's injury prone. We won't know until we start playing. Along with Watson's health, the OL is my main concern. I frankly look for this to be a dumpster fire early in the year, but has the potential to be decent by the end of the season. Unlike past seasons, we actually have some talent here for a change. But again, that talent has no experience and looking for guys that haven't taken a snap to suddenly be great is risky. It does happen, but you are HOPING and not basing your estimate on facts. So I look for the OL to be a serious liability this season. If Watson can stay healthy and the OL can rise up and be mediocre, the offense will be tough to stop.

On the other side, USC has certainly recruited enough talent to be good. I don't follow the personnel at USC as closely as I do Clemson, so I can't give as good a perspective here. This is an outsider looking in perspective. USC was close to elite on offense last year. Scoring in the mid to high 30s per game isn't easy in the SEC. You lost your QB who had the single season passing record in the SEC last year and knew the system as well as anyone can. You are replacing him with a guy that doesn't have much experience (or a transfer). It's hard to see you not taking a step (or two) back at that position. You lost Davis at RB. It's going to be tough to replace that blend of size and speed, but I think that you have some good talent there. I don't see much drop off. On the OL, you lost 3 guys with a ton of snaps. Now I don't think that they were great players and I don't know who's replacing them, BUT you are either replacing them with a freshman (or RS freshman) OR you are replacing them with a player that wasn't good enough to beat them out last year. Again, sometimes you can get better by losing people, but not most of the time. I'd look for a step back at OL (at least early in the season). WR should be fine. Cooper is a feaking BALLER and in spice of losing some guys, I think you have players enough to still be really good here. Bottom line is that I expect USC's offense to take a step back (maybe several steps if a QB doesn't emerge).

On the defensive side of the ball... wow, your DL was just bad, especially at the end of the season. I'd blame this more on experience than anything. You guys were playing a bunch of underclassmen and didn't really have the depth to substitute a bunch. Talented though they might be, underclassmen just can't take the beating play after play (and game after game) that players that have been in the system for a few years can. I think that your DL was just plain worn out by the end of every game... and was not nearly the same line by the end of the season. That would explain why you lost some games late that you should have won AND why the DL played OK vs. Miami when they had time to rest up. The solution this season is apparently to bring in a bunch of JC guys. On paper they seem to be pretty good, but depending on JC guys to save you is dangerous for a couple of reasons.... You give a scholarship to a guy that you'll only have for a couple or 3 years instead of a guy you should have for 4-5 and again, you are counting on a guy that hasn't taken a snap on this level to save you (not as risky as counting on a freshman... but a risk for sure). That's balanced by the fact that plenty of JC guys come in and make an immediate impact. So USC is HOPING that these guys can save that defense. No one will know until the ball is snapped. Bottom line here is that the defense should be improved... guys have another year in system AND some of your JC guys should at least push for playing time if not grab starting spots immediately.

Who wins the game this year? Who knows? Too much can happen during the season. If Watson is playing, I'd give the edge to Clemson... If he's hurt, USC should win.

First time Clemson Goat has crawled over on this board since 2006. Like all the Taters that never played football, let him suck up the Dabo Koolaid and enjoy their one year of winning before they get their asses waxed in WB this year. To think a coach the caliber of Sweeny (who really is not a football coach at all ) can come into Spurrier's house and win two in a row is just plain stupid.

"We don't HOPE they can play, we KNOW they can. They won't be quite as good as the starting 11 last year, but I think they will be fairly close."

Your name should be delusional Tater instead of hopeful Tater.

It will surely be interesting next year...

First of all, the defense for Clemson will take a step back. If injury hits, two steps. The people who think that Clemson's defense will be bad next year are mistaken. The starting 11 will be just fine. With the exception of Dodd at defensive end, I feel really good about all of the starting lineup. We won't have Beasley (and more critically Garrett), but the overall product will still be solid. We are not replacing star players with talented guys that we HOPE will play well. Each of these replacements is a highly recruited HS player with 200+ snaps of college experience. We don't HOPE they can play, we KNOW they can. They won't be quite as good as the starting 11 last year, but I think they will be fairly close. The real difference is going to be the 2 deep. Last year, our 2 deep was STOCKED with talented guys with experience... in fact, there wasn't a ton of difference between the 1 and 2s. That's the main reason from the claim above. Clemson simply doesn't have that depth this year. There's no drop off in talent... there's a ton of 4 and 5 star talent waiting for a chance... but we are only HOPING that these guys can play. We don't know and won't until we see them in action. Bottom line is that the defense won't be as good as last year, but will not fall as far as most expect. I still expect a top 25 type defense.

Offensively, I'm just waiting to see. Watson's injuries are a head scratcher to me. A collar bone during a full contact scrimmage last spring (stupid). Breaks a finger in a facemask and farks up his knee on a no contact play at GT. Clemson fans say they are freak injuries and USC fans say he's injury prone. We won't know until we start playing. Along with Watson's health, the OL is my main concern. I frankly look for this to be a dumpster fire early in the year, but has the potential to be decent by the end of the season. Unlike past seasons, we actually have some talent here for a change. But again, that talent has no experience and looking for guys that haven't taken a snap to suddenly be great is risky. It does happen, but you are HOPING and not basing your estimate on facts. So I look for the OL to be a serious liability this season. If Watson can stay healthy and the OL can rise up and be mediocre, the offense will be tough to stop.

On the other side, USC has certainly recruited enough talent to be good. I don't follow the personnel at USC as closely as I do Clemson, so I can't give as good a perspective here. This is an outsider looking in perspective. USC was close to elite on offense last year. Scoring in the mid to high 30s per game isn't easy in the SEC. You lost your QB who had the single season passing record in the SEC last year and knew the system as well as anyone can. You are replacing him with a guy that doesn't have much experience (or a transfer). It's hard to see you not taking a step (or two) back at that position. You lost Davis at RB. It's going to be tough to replace that blend of size and speed, but I think that you have some good talent there. I don't see much drop off. On the OL, you lost 3 guys with a ton of snaps. Now I don't think that they were great players and I don't know who's replacing them, BUT you are either replacing them with a freshman (or RS freshman) OR you are replacing them with a player that wasn't good enough to beat them out last year. Again, sometimes you can get better by losing people, but not most of the time. I'd look for a step back at OL (at least early in the season). WR should be fine. Cooper is a feaking BALLER and in spice of losing some guys, I think you have players enough to still be really good here. Bottom line is that I expect USC's offense to take a step back (maybe several steps if a QB doesn't emerge).

On the defensive side of the ball... wow, your DL was just bad, especially at the end of the season. I'd blame this more on experience than anything. You guys were playing a bunch of underclassmen and didn't really have the depth to substitute a bunch. Talented though they might be, underclassmen just can't take the beating play after play (and game after game) that players that have been in the system for a few years can. I think that your DL was just plain worn out by the end of every game... and was not nearly the same line by the end of the season. That would explain why you lost some games late that you should have won AND why the DL played OK vs. Miami when they had time to rest up. The solution this season is apparently to bring in a bunch of JC guys. On paper they seem to be pretty good, but depending on JC guys to save you is dangerous for a couple of reasons.... You give a scholarship to a guy that you'll only have for a couple or 3 years instead of a guy you should have for 4-5 and again, you are counting on a guy that hasn't taken a snap on this level to save you (not as risky as counting on a freshman... but a risk for sure). That's balanced by the fact that plenty of JC guys come in and make an immediate impact. So USC is HOPING that these guys can save that defense. No one will know until the ball is snapped. Bottom line here is that the defense should be improved... guys have another year in system AND some of your JC guys should at least push for playing time if not grab starting spots immediately.

Who wins the game this year? Who knows? Too much can happen during the season. If Watson is playing, I'd give the edge to Clemson... If he's hurt, USC should win.
Blah.blah.blah. no need for a book.

"We don't HOPE they can play, we KNOW they can. They won't be quite as good as the starting 11 last year, but I think they will be fairly close."

Your name should be delusional Tater instead of hopeful Tater.

"We don't HOPE they can play, we KNOW they can play"

That statement is not opinion, it is a fact. They seemed to do pretty well against your record setting offense last year. Go back and watch the game again. Almost half of the game our 2nd string d line, who will be our starting d line for the most part, was playing. As they did in many games last year. So YOU only HOPE they can't play, but anyone who knows anything about football KNOWS they can play.

"We don't HOPE they can play, we KNOW they can play"

That statement is not opinion, it is a fact. They seemed to do pretty well against your record setting offense last year. Go back and watch the game again. Almost half of the game our 2nd string d line, who will be our starting d line for the most part, was playing. As they did in many games last year. So YOU only HOPE they can't play, but anyone who knows anything about football KNOWS they can play.
"anyone who knows anything about football". HAHA. when the facts don't support the clemsux tater's statements, they just make up crap Nobody with half a brain believes it, but I guess that describes the majority of the urange & purple followers = less than half a brain.

"anyone who knows anything about football". HAHA. when the facts don't support the clemsux tater's statements, they just make up crap Nobody with half a brain believes it, but I guess that describes the majority of the urange & purple followers = less than half a brain.

Wow..u really did a great job of disproving what I said. Are u disputing that Clemson's 2nd team d line shut down your record setting offense? If so, u need to go back and watch the game and pay attention to it. Those are the players that will be playing this year, for the most part. Along with a veteran secondary and line backers.

So tell me what facts don't support my clemson tater statement. I'd love to hear it. The only one with half a brain in this conversation is u.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT