ADVERTISEMENT

Did Jameis Winston have some bad crabs???

world famous 3rd base hecklers

Sep 25, 2011
This kid is trouble for NFL..

In his meeting with Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh on Draft Academy, Winston explained that a Publix employee had previously "hooked us up" with a cake for a friend's birthday.

An inside connection that allowed Winston to receive free merchandise likely would have violated NCAA rules and led to eligibility questions.

Publix disputes Jameis Winston's claim he was 'hooked up' with crab legs

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ton-publix-crab-legs-statement-espn/26190937/

FSU, NCAA looking into possible violation after Jameis Winston reveals he received crab legs 'for free'

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/sp...-free-crab-legs-espns-draft-academy/26175673/

Jameis said he did not steal the crab legs and an employee hooked him up with them. Does he realize that is still stealing? I guess if that employee was the manager or it was manager approved, I guess it would not be stealing. But I highly doubt a Publix manager would hook them up or Publix would approve such a transaction.

I do not know why Tampa will draft him, just the fact the lady lives in Tampa. Whether he is guilty or not, I believe if I were Tampa, I would stay clear of Jameis. Can you imagine the circus the lawsuit will bring in Tampa.

Tampa will draft him because half of their fan base are Seminole fans that would love nothing better than to continue to root for this thug. They love and defend him like he is this poor choirboy that has been repeatedly falsely accused by conspiracy theorist. He is a perfect fit for the Bucs.

If he had as good a mental character as he does physical ability to play FB, he could stay out of trouble. He is headed for jail for some future failure.

Nothing is Winston's fault, if he did anything wrongor illegal, it was because of the people around him. Don't you all know he is a perfect angel? Sarcasm off.
Seriously, this is what happens when you mix A+ physical talent with D- character. He will be in trouble again at some point, I predict.

Either way, he was in the wrong. He either stole crab legs or was accepting impermissible benefits. His coach seems to believe it was impressible benefits.

FSU always a day late but never a $$$$ short. ESPN magazine has a big feature on this guy in the draft issue. Some of the things the reporter saw him do raised questions about his maturity level.Example Crossing the street he saw a good looking blond and got down on one knee in the middle of the street in front of her with his cute antics. Sound like a Johnny Manziel to me. Just can't help himself from doing stupid things.

Jameis said he did not steal the crab legs and an employee hooked him up with them. Does he realize that is still stealing? I guess if that employee was the manager or it was manager approved, I guess it would not be stealing. But I highly doubt a Publix manager would hook them up or Publix would approve such a transaction.

Whether or not the crab legs were paid for by the Publix employee is, in my estimation, irrelevant. Never mind the "theft;" it appears to be an "impermissible benefit" if Jameis himself did not pay for the legs.

Either the F$U compliance officer failed in conveying permissible activity, or Jameis had a "mind dump," or Jameis just didn't care.

This kid is trouble for NFL..

In his meeting with Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh on Draft Academy, Winston explained that a Publix employee had previously "hooked us up" with a cake for a friend's birthday.

An inside connection that allowed Winston to receive free merchandise likely would have violated NCAA rules and led to eligibility questions.

Publix disputes Jameis Winston's claim he was 'hooked up' with crab legs

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ton-publix-crab-legs-statement-espn/26190937/

FSU, NCAA looking into possible violation after Jameis Winston reveals he received crab legs 'for free'

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/sp...-free-crab-legs-espns-draft-academy/26175673/
If a person's actions reflect what is in their hearts, then one has to suspect what is in his heart and what type person he is.

Even then, unless a manager was provided a budget for "customer free merchandise giveaways", a hookup from the manager is just having a higher-level person help him steal. I don't know what the Publix business structure is, but there is either a franchise owner a private owner or shareholders that are funding this transaction. It is their property and it's being offered for sale. If he gets it for free, they lose.

Restaurant and bar manager do generally get a budget for comps, They use this money as they see fit to deal with customers who have a legitimate issue with food or service. Sometimes they comp regulars to make them feel special and keep them coming back. Supermarkets generally have loyalty cards to give preferred treatment to regulars. Managers probably have a budget to write-off products that are perishable, but it is a misuse of that budget.

Even then, unless a manager was provided a budget for "customer free merchandise giveaways", a hookup from the manager is just having a higher-level person help him steal. I don't know what the Publix business structure is, but there is either a franchise owner a private owner or shareholders that are funding this transaction. It is their property and it's being offered for sale. If he gets it for free, they lose.

Restaurant and bar manager do generally get a budget for comps, They use this money as they see fit to deal with customers who have a legitimate issue with food or service. Sometimes they comp regulars to make them feel special and keep them coming back. Supermarkets generally have loyalty cards to give preferred treatment to regulars. Managers probably have a budget to write-off products that are perishable, but it is a misuse of that budget.

MUTiger91, Publix is an employee-owned grocery chain headquartered in Lakeland, FL (near Tampa). They have stores throughout Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, and South Carolina. They have recently expanded into North Carolina as well.

Interesting point about the comp budget. Assuming that Publix stores have a comp budget, I wonder how the NCAA views them vis a vis student athletes?

Nothing is Winston's fault, if he did anything wrongor illegal, it was because of the people around him. Don't you all know he is a perfect angel? Sarcasm off.
Seriously, this is what happens when you mix A+ physical talent with D- character. He will be in trouble again at some point, I predict.

I wouldn't touch this guy with a 10 foot pole if I was a GM of NFL team . But sadly somebody will .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT