ADVERTISEMENT

Don't look now, but ND is now...

wallycock

Oct 11, 2001
... #6 in the playoff rankings. It would be quite ironic to see ND and Clemson in a rematch in a semi-final game. I'd love to see ND get another shot at them on a neutral field in decent weather. Bet the ND players would too.

Reactions: Silverspur02
Excuse me , but the Playoff rankings don't come out until Tuesday, I think you are talking about the AP poll which as of Today also has CU as the #1 team. Go Tigers!

... #6 in the playoff rankings. It would be quite ironic to see ND and Clemson in a rematch in a semi-final game. I'd love to see ND get another shot at them on a neutral field in decent weather. Bet the ND players would too.
Agreed. Would love to have Clemson make Brian Kelly and that awful ND fanbase cry and make excuses again. Because as we all know it didn't rain when Clemson had the ball. Nor did Clemson's defense and kicker cause those fumbles. :)
Seriously ND fanbase are #1 worse losers out of all college teams. True story.

Clemson is rated #1 because of fans worry the you know what out the AP committee
O, and the 2 members on the committee

The only thing a Clemson/ND rematch would do is guarantee the other playoff game winner a national championship. What an awful thing for college football that would be.

Reactions: roosterbell
Name one signature win for ND this year. They are ranked high because they're Notre Dame.
Navy who just beat the brakes off Memphis. You could argue Temple was a good win. They've beat as many top 25 teams as Clemson has haven't they? They still have to play Stanford. Trust me, Clemson's resume looks better with ND and FSU on it but it's pitiful after that.

Reactions: RashCock
Agreed. Would love to have Clemson make Brian Kelly and that awful ND fanbase cry and make excuses again. Because as we all know it didn't rain when Clemson had the ball. Nor did Clemson's defense and kicker cause those fumbles. :)
I'd love to see Clemson get bent by Bama but we all know the taters will luckily avoid that beat down.

Navy who just beat the brakes off Memphis. You could argue Temple was a good win. They've beat as many top 25 teams as Clemson has haven't they? They still have to play Stanford. Trust me, Clemson's resume looks better with ND and FSU on it but it's pitiful after that.

Don't forget the Notre Dame win over UMass and the last minute hail mary come from behind win to beat ACC power UVA.

Reactions: PC31
I'd love to see Clemson get bent by Bama but we all know the taters will luckily avoid that beat down.

I think many an sec homer gives bama too much credit and Clemson not enough. But I wouldn't expect it any other way. :) For the record I'm all for seeing that match up. Would be a classic.

Don't forget the Notre Dame win over UMass and the last minute hail mary come from behind win to beat ACC power UVA.
I'm not saying this schedule is all that but it's not anymore worse than Clemson. Don't forget ND has actually played road games against decent opposition unlike Clemson.

Reactions: Cock_Donor
I think many an sec homer gives bama too much credit and Clemson not enough. But I wouldn't expect it any other way. :) For the record I'm all for seeing that match up. Would be a classic.
That front 7 would be on Watson like stink on dog poop.

LOL...and the Tater fans are the #1 fan base that think they play a tough schedule...

According to the FSU fans here in the Panhandle, FSU is not very good this year...a down year for them....yet taters struggled to win AT HOME...

Reactions: robertfootball
A CLASSIC!!!!, about like the CLEM/WVA classic game.....now that was CLASIC!!! Your QB would be running around for his life against that Bama defensive front....it wouldn't even be close...You ACC schools need to beef up your OOC to get any real recognition....what are you 4-25 against top 25 teams and those 4 wins were against ACC teams...what a hoot!!!

A CLASSIC!!!!, about like the CLEM/WVA classic game.....now that was CLASIC!!! Your QB would be running around for his life against that Bama defensive front....it wouldn't even be close...You ACC schools need to beef up your OOC to get any real recognition....what are you 4-25 against top 25 teams and those 4 wins were against ACC teams...what a hoot!!!
:)

Reactions: Matte Black
I would rather see Clemson play Bama or Ohio State. I'm not completely sold on Notre Dame. They destroyed Texas, first game of the season, before the Irish lost their staring QB and RB; however, since then they haven't really been dominating.

Stanford, on the other hand, has completely curb stomped several opponents, including a UCLA team that's currently ranked. Notre Dame plays Stanford at the end of the season, so we'll know more then.

FSU is actually down because you don't lose to a average GT team in a up year when you've won the ACC for something like 15 of the 24 years you've been in the conference. Doesn't matter, they said UF, UGA, and UcheaT were down when we were beating them from 2010-2014. With a couple of exceptions of course. To the Tates, this was the '95 Seminoles though. Those 3 are still better than 13/14 ACC teams in a down year.

Excuse me , but the Playoff rankings don't come out until Tuesday, I think you are talking about the AP poll which as of Today also has CU as the #1 team. Go Tigers!

Ok, the playoff ranks now have ND at #4. If nothing changes, it'll be CU vs ND in a semi-final game.

I never made any excuses for ND. Both teams played on the same field in the same conditions, and Clemson was 1 play better that night. I said I'd like to see a rematch in great weather. What's wrong with that? It took ND way too long to discover that their speedy receivers could easily out run Clemson's slow LB's on short crossing routes. They are you alive the last 7 minutes the game. Had they started throwing those routes at the beginning of the 4th quarter, I think ND wins going away.

The only thing a Clemson/ND rematch would do is guarantee the other playoff game winner a national championship. What an awful thing for college football that would be.

I'm not sure I understand your post. Are you saying that the winner of semi final game 1 between Clemson and Notre Dame would easily defeat the winner of the other semi-final game 2 regardless of who that is .... Or are you saying that if Clemson and Notre Dame played in a semi-final game that the winner would lose handily to the other semi-final winner ,regardless of who that is, in the championship game?

.... Or are you saying that would be worse for college football than for Clemson or Notre Dame to win the national championship? I'm with you that either would really suck, but we don't have to live in South Carolina with a nation of Notre Dame fans like we do here in South Carolina. I can't think of anything worse than that.

I never made any excuses for ND. Both teams played on the same field in the same conditions, and Clemson was 1 play better that night. I said I'd like to see a rematch in great weather. What's wrong with that? It took ND way too long to discover that their speedy receivers could easily out run Clemson's slow LB's on short crossing routes. They are you alive the last 7 minutes the game. Had they started throwing those routes at the beginning of the 4th quarter, I think ND wins going away.
I was referring to the ND fanbase making their excuses such as the one you inferred. Even after the victory that fanbase just couldn't grasp they were beaten and it started with Brian Kelly,who has shown he is a bit unstable to say the least.
Once again I will state I would love to have Clemson play ND again because the results would be the same except Clemson wouldn't go into prevent mode. Anyone who watched it knows that 4th quarter was filled with "play not to lose" playcalling and blown coverages. And yes it almost bit Clemson in the buttocks,but that's why we play 60mins and not 61 mins regulation time right?

Many sources have us with a top 30 strength of schedule. It isnt a matter of "thinking" anything. There are sources to confirm it.
Sources also confirm that the two ranked teams you played had to play backup qbs in place of injured first string qbs. Can Clemson get any luckier?

Last edited:
Notre Dame could be 7-3 and still be in the top ten. I give Clemson credit for stopping a two point conversion which saved them from O.T. FSU is #19 and beating this team on your home field barely qualifies as a serious win. Clemson could be a legitimate top five behind Iowa, Ohio State, 'Bama, and Baylor but in no stretch of the imagination could Notre Dame be a top ten team. But until these pollsters stop choosing Notre Dame every week out of sentimentality, the domers will stay in the top ten every year. I'm sure if we could beat UNC in Charlotte that Clemson should have a cake walk against them anywhere.

Reactions: Cock_Donor
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT