ADVERTISEMENT

DT: What is your favorite TV-Sit Com / TV show of all time?

Freddie.B.Cocky

Jul 19, 2002
I realize the results are going to be very generational but it is going to be fun to see what everyone's favorite Sit Com or TV Show is going to be.

Everyone may have several, I know that is the case with me. There haven't been many TV shows I haven 't seen to be honest. And I'll list mine tomorrow I have to get to bed now.

Reactions: Closer
Andy Griffith (the black and white ones). Each show had a moral.

I'm now hooked on NCIS and have been watching all the epIsodes from the beginning.

I realize the results are going to be very generational but it is going to be fun to see what everyone's favorite Sit Com or TV Show is going to be.

Everyone may have several, I know that is the case with me. There haven't been many TV shows I haven 't seen to be honest. And I'll list mine tomorrow I have to get to bed now.

Sanford and Son for me. This is the funniest one of all time. Funny from beginning to end. Superflyer.

Last edited:
I grew up watching The Cosby Show & The Simpsons but now they don't make sitcoms like they use to so I don't watch sitcoms anymore.

Criminal Minds and Blue Bloods are my favorites right now.

Seems like every ten or fifteen years a sitcom I enjoy comes along. I agree with Andy Griffith, then MASH, followed by Cheers, currently I enjoy The Big Bang Theory.

Nothing compares to Coach. Hayden is stereotypical. And Luther and Dauber are great supporting. Especially Luther.

i cant stand the big bang theory....my wife loves it, so i sit there and i have to listen to it....thats when i get on fgf....sheldon gets on my nerves...i just wanna bitch slap him.....my favorite of all time is SEINFELD

That would be hard for me to say because I had favorites as a kid, favorites in my 20's, and favorites now. But I'll agree with others that say Andy Griffith stands the test of time. But I'm one of those that just cannot watch Seinfeld. George and Kramer are just so stupid that they piss me off, and I have to turn the channel. Like someone else said about Sheldon on Big Bang...I just wanna smack them. If that show just had Jerry and Elaine, I think I could have handled it.

This is just a few as I don't have time to think back on all of them at this time. I will add more later.

Father Knows Best
Leave it to Beaver
Andy Griffith
Sanford and Son
All in the Family - Have to agree with COE, this show broke the mold for many shows to follow.
M*A*S*H - Didn't watch a lot of that series but the ones I did I truly loved. May have to go back and watch more episodes.
Frazier
Home Improvement.
The Middle - one of my new favorites.
Goldbergs - Not bad for today's Sit Coms.

Last edited:
Two and a Half Men....with Charlie Sheen....The Big Bang Theory....after Charlie Sheen left...The Middle is working it's way in there...

It's tough to choose a favorite.

Andy has been mentioned a bunch. That's definitely one.
The Office
Seinfeld
King of Queens

NYPD Blue is showing on Audience for the past couple months. Darn good show.

Sopranos (not a fan of ending, though I get it)
Breaking Bad (I netflixed that whole series in 3 weeks!)

Dean Martin Comedy Roasts
Night Court
Cheers
Carol Burnett (with Harvey Korman & Tim Conway)
Two & A Half Men (Charlie Sheen)

Sitcom:
Seinfeld
Big Bang Theory
Friends

TV Shows:
Dukes of Hazard
Breaking Bad
The Greatest American Hero

Many of the ones mentioned above I had actually forgotten but they were very good.
One that comes to mind that was pushing the envelope for it's day was,
Threes Company. Today, it is simply Sunday School stuff but for it's day in the late '70s it was very sexy. LOL!

Happy Days - who can forget that one.

Funniest Sitcom: Married with Children
Also worth mention: The Office, East Bound and Down, Coach, and Golden Girls.

Best TV Show: Tie between The Sopranos, Breaking Bad, and Game of Thrones.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT