ADVERTISEMENT

Freshmen that I believe will see playing time and not redshirt

SpartanSpur

May 24, 2011
Roebuck, SC
Freshmen that I believe will see playing time and not redshirt, unless of course the injury bug bite.

QB - Nunez - will see the most time at wildcat.
RB - Denson - Good size and speed, can block which is the hardest thing for a Fr RB.
WR - Neal and Christian - they are both on the 2 deep by mid-season.
TE - all will try to redshirt, even Owens.
OL - none, almost impossible for an OL come in and be effective as a Fr.
DT - none, Wideman needs a year to change positions
SP, S, DB, DE, LB - none - have plenty of experience on the field ahead of them.

So what do you think.

I agree none of the freshman defensive ends we brought in need to play, they need to red shirt and get bigger and stronger, as for wideman he just needs to make sure he can stay in class.

Has there been any word on Blackshear's rehabilitation? He looked like a guy who could come in and play right away. I'm just wondering if he'll be 100%.

Debo will have to step up and have a good year to get the pressure off Cooper. He looked good in the Spring, but who knows what that means?

I think Bailey ends up being too big and good to keep off the field. Call me crazy, but he may be our right tackle mid season.

Freshmen that I believe will see playing time and not redshirt, unless of course the injury bug bite.

QB - Nunez - will see the most time at wildcat.
RB - Denson - Good size and speed, can block which is the hardest thing for a Fr RB.
WR - Neal and Christian - they are both on the 2 deep by mid-season.
TE - all will try to redshirt, even Owens.
OL - none, almost impossible for an OL come in and be effective as a Fr.
DT - none, Wideman needs a year to change positions
SP, S, DB, DE, LB - none - have plenty of experience on the field ahead of them.

So what do you think.
The incoming DE's definitely will
I agree none of the freshman defensive ends we brought in need to play, they need to red shirt and get bigger and stronger, as for wideman he just needs to make sure he can stay in class.
The incoming DE's will definitely play.
  • DE Marquavius Lewis, 6'4", 270 #, 4*
  • DE Dante Sawyer, 6'3", 270#, 4*
  • DE/DT Dexter Wideman, 6'3", 280#, 4*
  • DE Shamir Blackshear, 6'4", 245#, 4*

I seriously doubt you see Denson this year with Wilds, Williams and Carson on the depth chart. No reason to burn a year for no reason.

I wouldn't say its that far-fetched. With Wilds' propensity for injury, we're one more twisted ankle from needing another back. I don't see our run game being very strong if its depending on 7. Denson could very-well be the next man up.

I wouldn't say its that far-fetched. With Wilds' propensity for injury, we're one more twisted ankle from needing another back. I don't see our run game being very strong if its depending on 7. Denson could very-well be the next man up.

Depending on Carson would mean two major injuries to Wilds and Williams. He's not a #1 every down back but he can spell either Wilds or Davis at times and still be effective. Denson receiving playing time is a worst case scenario in my mind.

The incoming DE's definitely will

The incoming DE's will definitely play.
  • DE Marquavius Lewis, 6'4", 270 #, 4*
  • DE Dante Sawyer, 6'3", 270#, 4*
  • DE/DT Dexter Wideman, 6'3", 280#, 4*
  • DE Shamir Blackshear, 6'4", 245#, 4*
How is blackshears knee? That's the only reason I would redshirt him.

Anyone who thinks Dexter Wideman will end up at DE (rather than DT) has never seen Dexter Wideman play football.

These are the 6 that I think will play.
1) DJ Neal-WR
2) Jalen Christian-WR/Slot
3) Lorenzo Nunez-QB
4) Zack Bailey-OG
5) Dexter Wideman-DT
6) Sharrod Pittman- WLB/S

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT