ADVERTISEMENT

Guys...new era... Let's bring the GARNET helmet back!!

I say a total revamp....our tradition is not so great that we need to stick with tradition. I want a modern look to go with a modern coach. The new coach will decide....but I say go a little radical....and lets just wait until next year and don't scar the new look with staff...
This. Go Oregon with the look. Different look every game.

Just don't Maryland the uniform all to hell. They look like test-dummies.

I don't really care, but white isn't really one of our colors, either. I love the Gamecock logo but the present helmet is tired.

"Need a little boost somewhere and it is not black on black."

There you go, smart guy
I'm still not seeing where he claiming better on-field performance. He's tired of the same old look. You don't think for a second that it could boost recruiting a little?

he didn't specify the "boost", but he did intimate that a change in uni's would result in a boost; be it wins, recruiting, whatever

he didn't specify the "boost", but he did intimate that a change in uni's would result in a boost; be it wins, recruiting, whatever
I'm just saying, no one is insinuating that a uniform change is going to change the performance of the team. A team is what it is. Only talent and coaching will change this team, but for this year, uniform change has nothing to do with anything.

I'm just saying, no one is insinuating that a uniform change is going to change the performance of the team. A team is what it is. Only talent and coaching will change this team, but for this year, uniform change has nothing to do with anything.

Uh, yeah, ok, keep spinning it until something fits...SMH

Reactions: USC-1
I think the George Rogers-era helmets were the best-looking we've ever had. The larger Block-C logo stood out much better. I wouldn't mind a change from what we have now. It would be nice to have a helmet design that stands out with the potential to become iconic for our program. Georgia, Clemson, Tennessee, Auburn and others have that. I wish we did.

Reactions: cockylady50
wondering how long it would take with a coaching change that some one would bring up a uni discussion!!!

Uh, yeah, ok, keep spinning it until something fits...SMH
Hey, 'kidcock.....are you really so *** as to think anyone suggested changing uniforms to improve the team ? The whole purpose would to try to be a little more modern like the other teams are doing....

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the helmets we have now- no one had a problem with them at one time- looked good here-
ncf_g_clowney_d1_576.jpg

I like the helmets we have now- no one had a problem with them at one time- looked good here-
ncf_g_clowney_d1_576.jpg

Exactly. Unless we do an Oregon type change/re-brand (and then I'll need to see it to evaluate it), then I'm quite fine with what we have. And WADR, I sure as hail DO NOT want a damned garnet helmet again!!!

Exactly. Unless we do an Oregon type change/re-brand (and then I'll need to see it to evaluate it), then I'm quite fine with what we have. And WADR, I sure as hail DO NOT want a damned garnet helmet again!!!
This is the point that I'm making. Either do it for the entire season, or don't do it at all. None of this one-game, win one for the Gipper crap. Rebrand or just go with what you have.

Reactions: garnetwhiteandblack
Players loving wearing different uniform combinations it seems to fire players up a lil bit,not a thing wrong with doing it time to time,it is one way to keep energy in a program!! I think the All Black looked sleek and sharp,the players lived it!! I am not saying wear it every home game,maybe One or Two a season!!

I really LOVE the old classic garnet helmets. Agree also with comments that we need a simpler and more iconic look on the helmets.

Garnet hemet was BEST EVER! Would hire Elliot on the spot if he brings them back(kidding folks). They were awesome though. Agree we need to jazz up our uniforms, especially the helmets. I think garnet and black(and a little white) is the best color combination in college sports. We need to get more creative with it, could do a lot more than wearing the same white helmet all the time.

I never thought that a uniform could make you play better, but seeing something different gives the spirits a lift. Why do a lot of people buy into black on black uniforms. Our record with them is terrible and they don't work in Summer. I just think a change would be something different. Why the giant block C and when did it get etched into our logo. You say Carolina, but there is North and South and that's why I like the interlocking SC.

Stick with what we have with an occasional black, metallic, white and garnet combinations including helmets

whos with me?
I'm with you. I hate white helmets in general, and I hate ours. I know SOS was a fan of them, and I know what some coaches say about helping out the QB locate during fast paced games during pass plays.
But, with the entire world now selling their soul to wear black uniforms (90% of them look stupid....who wants to see Nebraska or UNC wearing black?)....we actually have black in our primary colors. Huge plus. So, garnet or black helmets...or a mix of both. Garnet during hotter months, and black for "special" occasions would be great.

Reactions: cockylady50
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT