ADVERTISEMENT

Have a question about the new board? Ask here

Chris Clark

Football/Recruiting Insider
Jan 3, 2005
(Posting this in advance of the new boards)

If you have any questions at all about the new message board format, operation, or anything then please do ask here. Don't just wonder, don't call Rivals, or anything of the sort. Just ask and we'll answer.

Also, here are some how-to links that may answer your questions before you even need to ask:

Posting and replying
Signature, avatar, and more profile settings
Add your favorite school/team onto your user profile
Adjust the size of the board to fit your screen
Watching threads, following users, and news feed
Search, likes, and status updates
Report a post for moderation + user interaction
Embedding tweets, video, photos

FULL HOW-TO PAGE (includes all sections + more)

This post was edited on 4/20 9:21 PM by Chris Clark

If you have any questions at all about the new message board format, operation, or anything then please do ask here. Don't just wonder, don't call Rivals, or anything of the sort. Just ask and we'll answer.

Also, here are some how-to links that may answer your questions before you even need to ask:

Posting and replying

Posting and replying

How do you view a lists of posts that you have not read yet?
How do you get from one post to another (we used to have next or newer, or something like that)?
Thanks.

It would be nice that if you clicked on a thread that you had read before that it would take you to the first new post in that thread.

Small point, but the date I joined is incorrect. I actually joined at least by 2001 because I posted several times on 9/11/2001. Shoe, use to post the threads that were posted on 9/11/2001 and I had several posts that day.

How do you view a lists of posts that you have not read yet?
How do you get from one post to another (we used to have next or newer, or something like that)?
Thanks.

Posts that are bold and marked with a blue dot are either new to you or have new posts in them.

Going from one post to another, just need to access the board.

It would be nice that if you clicked on a thread that you had read before that it would take you to the first new post in that thread.

Look at the top of the thread, above the very first post and there is a small button that says " Go to First Unread"

That will take you down automatically.

Look at the top of the thread, above the very first post and there is a small button that says " Go to First Unread"

That will take you down automatically.

Got it. Thanks. I'm posting on my cell and didn't notice the little binocular icon.

Don't understand why post can't be made darker. I don't think the post or separated enough. Hard to tell when you go from one post to another. I do appreciate having this site! Just my observation.

It's growing on me as I am liking it better and better. I don't see an obvious way to post an emoji(is that what you call them?).

Any chance of changing the font to DARK...Really don't like it. Why can't all the posts be in bold...I hardly notice the difference from one post to another.

Chris, question this time, no griping :)... I see surveys/polls on the right side when I log in, there seems to have been several so far since the new board started, yet I can't find them anywhere later to see how they're trending. I'm sure there's a link or drop down somewhere that I missed, but I've really looked around, I just can't find them. Where are the polls?

Also, small issue, I seem to have lost over 1000 post count on my total since the first couple of days with the new site, taking me from "well known member" to "active member" (my post count was correct the first day or so)... no big deal really, retribution for my bitching about the new look? lol...Also, my post count is stuck on 2322 since about the second or so day of the new look...Not a huge deal, but if mine is stuck and I lost 1000 posts others may have too. A glitch to check into for us.

Thanks

Posting and replying

Chris, when I click on one of your links to answer questions, it takes me to an error screen. Any suggestions?

Posting and replying

How do we access Private Messaging?
Don't see it in the How To, and I asked it before in another thread.
Any help?

Chris, question this time, no griping :)... I see surveys/polls on the right side when I log in, there seems to have been several so far since the new board started, yet I can't find them anywhere later to see how they're trending. I'm sure there's a link or drop down somewhere that I missed, but I've really looked around, I just can't find them. Where are the polls?

Also, small issue, I seem to have lost over 1000 post count on my total since the first couple of days with the new site, taking me from "well known member" to "active member" (my post count was correct the first day or so)... no big deal really, retribution for my bitching about the new look? lol...Also, my post count is stuck on 2322 since about the second or so day of the new look...Not a huge deal, but if mine is stuck and I lost 1000 posts others may have too. A glitch to check into for us.

Thanks

I'm asking about the poll situation to try to see if there's a way to access. I'm not sure.

I'll check on the post counts too.

When I hear something back on either I'll report back.

How do we access Private Messaging?
Don't see it in the How To, and I asked it before in another thread.
Any help?

Two different ways.

One, if you see a person you want to send a message to then simply click on that person's username or Avatar on the left hand side. A small popup comes up in which you can access that person's profile, etc. but there's a link also that says "Start a Conversation". That's it.

You can also go to the top right hand corner. Beside your own username there's an "envelope" icon. Click that. You can manually input the person or persons' username there and start a PM.

It's growing on me as I am liking it better and better. I don't see an obvious way to post an emoji(is that what you call them?).
I was using IE when I posted this and it does not show row of options at top of reply box for some reason. I am using Firefox now and it does. If you need type to be larger then download this for Firefox:

https://urandom.ca/nosquint/

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT