ADVERTISEMENT

I Think We Get Fromm

SportsSuites1

Oct 17, 2007
He's a great player, all sorts of MVP's and all-this, all-that's in a league in a state that knows how to play football.

IMHO it just sets up well for us v. 'Bama and 'ol Miss as the rebs already have 5* Patterson committed for 2016, the #1 QB in the country (according to Rivals) - also the #1 player in FL and the #2 player in the county, period.

'Bama's already got a commit from 4* Hurts out of Texas, the #10 QB nationwide for 2016 and also already have on-campus Barnett & Cornwell, two RS-Freshmen both of whom are 6'5" former HIGH 4*'s - one of which (Cornwell) is still only 4th on the current depth-chart - putting Fromm at best 6th-place at Alabama if he goes there.

I have zero doubt Fromm's afraid of the competition but reality is that his choice is as much between Kiffin and Spurrier/Mangus as 'tween the tide and the Gamecocks ... down the stretch I don't see the rebs staying in the game ... they're already treating Patterson like he's gonna' be the next Manning (with the benefit of a defense neither Archie or Eli could ever count on) ... guess we'll see.

Fromm likes Spurrier and I think it's mutual. I think we get Fromm.

If I'm right I wish he'd just go ahead and say so ... he's got a teammate WR (or two) ... one of which is really a SOLID stud who's currently committed to the 'dawgs - it would be GREAT to get Fromm and have him flip his teammate/buddy - sounds like a future 'Sports Illustrated" headline story to me ... "Clemson Pounded 55-10 by Gamecock Duo Who've Been Playing Pitch and Catch All Their Lives ... Jake Fromm tosses 5 TD's in blowout win for South Carolina, who climbed to Number 2 in the polls this week and will now play 'ol Miss in Atlanta for the SEC Championship looking to stay undefeated.

Reactions: joebuckusc
it doesnt hurt that we have a coach that has won the heisman as a quarterback and coached a heisman winning quarterback

He's a great player, all sorts of MVP's and all-this, all-that's in a league in a state that knows how to play football.

IMHO it just sets up well for us v. 'Bama and 'ol Miss as the rebs already have 5* Patterson committed for 2016, the #1 QB in the country (according to Rivals) - also the #1 player in FL and the #2 player in the county, period.

'Bama's already got a commit from 4* Hurts out of Texas, the #10 QB nationwide for 2016 and also already have on-campus Barnett & Cornwell, two RS-Freshmen both of whom are 6'5" former HIGH 4*'s - one of which (Cornwell) is still only 4th on the current depth-chart - putting Fromm at best 6th-place at Alabama if he goes there.

I have zero doubt Fromm's afraid of the competition but reality is that his choice is as much between Kiffin and Spurrier/Mangus as 'tween the tide and the Gamecocks ... down the stretch I don't see the rebs staying in the game ... they're already treating Patterson like he's gonna' be the next Manning (with the benefit of a defense neither Archie or Eli could ever count on) ... guess we'll see.

If I'm right I wish he'd just go ahead and say so ... he's got a teammate WR (or two) ... one of which is really a SOLID stud who's currently committed to the 'dawgs - it would be GREAT to get Fromm and have him flip his teammate/buddy - sounds like a future 'Sports Illustrated" headline story to me ... "Clemson Pounded 55-10 by Gamecock Duo Who've Been Playing Pitch and Catch All Their Lives ... Jake Fromm tosses 5 TD's in blowout win for South Carolina, who climbed to Number 2 in the polls this week and will now play 'ol Miss in Atlanta for the SEC Championship looking to stay undefeated.

If he should committ, that would solidify that Spurrier will be here for the duration of any player being recruited for the next couple of year!

o_O You are living in your own fantasy world.

Reactions: cockynSC66
Don't be worse than the Clemson fans.

Clemson fans ARE nauseous, rarely crapping their own nest (which understand, I don't consider a 'virtue') ... but my assessment of the in-place dynamics vis-a-vis the Gamecocks, 'Bama and 'ol Miss relating to QB Fromm ain't zackly 'la la' land IMHO ... which is where you rated it.

I understand some people only see gray ... go back to bed and never witness the sun rising over the horizon. I get it. I just don't agree with taking a quick peek then submitting my report of what to expect for the rest of the day. It might be raining cats and dogs at 6 AM but if you ignore THAT and get on down to the dock the chances are that by the time you've put the boat in the sun will be shining brightly.

Also, don't forget, wasn't there news going around not too long ago that the NCAA was sniffing around Ole Miss?
I mean, Hell, somebody has to pay for UNCheats transgressions. ;)

Clemson fans ARE nauseous, rarely crapping their own nest (which understand, I don't consider a 'virtue') ... but my assessment of the in-place dynamics vis-a-vis the Gamecocks, 'Bama and 'ol Miss relating to QB Fromm ain't zackly 'la la' land IMHO ... which is where you rated it.

I understand some people only see gray ... go back to bed and never witness the sun rising over the horizon. I get it. I just don't agree with taking a quick peek then submitting my report of what to expect for the rest of the day. It might be raining cats and dogs at 6 AM but if you ignore THAT and get on down to the dock the chances are that by the time you've put the boat in the sun will be shining brightly.
The crap is already in the nest. The coaches put it there and it DOES stink. All I have ever said is, hey, I saw the coaches just took a crap there. While fans like you rather be in denial about it and blame it on everyone and anything else besides the coaches that paid to take care of the nest.

Fromm coming to USC is not crazy, though there is a long way to go in his recruiting, but you completely went off the deep end at the end of that post there, with the imaginary games and claiming we are going to be #2 in the polls? Who does that? Tater fans are the ones that come mind.

Last edited:
The crap is already in the nest. The coaches put it there and it DOES stink. All I have ever said is, hey, I saw the coaches just took a crap there. While fans like you rather be in denial about it and blame it on everyone and anything else besides the coaches that paid to take care of the nest.

Fromm coming to USC is not crazy, though there is a long way to go in his recruiting, but you completely went off the deep end at the end of that post there, with the imaginary games and claiming we are going to be #2 in the polls? Who does that? Tater fans are the ones that come mind.

Read
It is just amazing how you can manage to put a negative spin on ANYTHING! That is a "realistic" comment. What the OP said and what Clemsux fans usually say, are night and day. The OP states how that headline would be GREAT to see, which would be nice. Clemsux fans would have said that headline was GOING to happen with no question.

Reactions: SportsSuites1
ReadROOster admonished me:

" ... you completely went off the deep end at the end of that post there, with the imaginary games and claiming we are going to be #2 in the polls? Who does that? Tater fans are the ones that come mind."

You think THAT word-picture was bad you have no idea the visualization I go through on a 190-yard Par 3 that's full carry over water with a total jungle behind a shallow green, which is actually sloping away from me:

"Humm ... if I hit a 3/4 'fickle-fade' seven wood and bring it into the green from an angle from the right side with just enough cut to make it spin sideways instead of bouncing forward given the pins on the left near the back I should have enough to clear the water and still be able to hold the green and give myself a decent putt, or at least have a chance to hole a chip from just off the surface."

You?

"CADDY! Give me an old ball."

Just ignore him...he's Andy x 2. Not sure why he continues to spew negative crap all the time.

Dude! I'm on board with you! Fromm will bring a natty to us WHEN he commits. I've heard from sources that he is definitely interested and wants to play for SOS. Ole Piss will be hammered by the NCAA before too long. Bama has like 12 4* QB's on their roster. Fromm looks better than Deshaun Watson already.

Dude! I'm on board with you! Fromm will bring a natty to us WHEN he commits. I've heard from sources that he is definitely interested and wants to play for SOS. Ole Piss will be hammered by the NCAA before too long. Bama has like 12 4* QB's on their roster. Fromm looks better than Deshaun Watson already.
Cool- Natty is my favorite session beer!
natural_light_ad.jpg

Natural Light is an underrated beer my friend.

This is from memory, from my college days playing "quarters".

Natural Light. "Brewed from the finest natural ingredients, with nothing artificial added. A unique malt process produces a smooth, clean refreshing taste."

Reactions: cockynSC66
New here. Created a profile to post about this kid. Living here in middle GA and just around the corner from Houston County High, I will say that this kid is no sh*t, the real deal. Great kid, great family, great athlete. One bad problem...he's just as good in baseball as he is at football...if not better...From what I'm hearing (friends that work at that school)...He's a Bama lean. Saban puts in work on this kid. Gonna need our recruiters to get off their ass if we want to pull this kid.

Any time you are dealing with ole miss, you have to be concerned about the money they offer recruits. They without a doubt are the biggest cheats in the sec. freeze is a damn hypocrite and pos.

Any time you are dealing with ole miss, you have to be concerned about the money they offer recruits. They without a doubt are the biggest cheats in the sec. freeze is a damn hypocrite and pos.

Oh yea. He's the biggest POS in football. It's a wonder that no one ever mentions the fact that he was hired by Ole Piss just to lure Michael Oher to go there. He coached him in high school.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT