ADVERTISEMENT

"If" Spurrier decides to retire in order top 3 you offer the job:

Utah's coach is from Utah and isn't leaving. Briles is a state of Texas guy and they have more money... Not leaving. Patterson was given access to not one but three private jets for personal use. We can't outbid TCU and he wouldn't leave anyway. Dantonio isn't leaving or even going to think about it. Who'd we steal coach Holtz or Spurrier from? Again we can dream until we're blue in the face. We aren't going to pull any of these names. If chip Kelly gets back to college he's going to socal. He wouldn't consider us. Venables has two very big reasons he wouldn't come here. We're going to have to take a flier on a young coach or someone like Butch Davis
Agree...and for the record, we don't need Butch Davis anywhere near our program.

Utah's coach is from Utah and isn't leaving. Briles is a state of Texas guy and they have more money... Not leaving. Patterson was given access to not one but three private jets for personal use. We can't outbid TCU and he wouldn't leave anyway. Dantonio isn't leaving or even going to think about it. Who'd we steal coach Holtz or Spurrier from? Again we can dream until we're blue in the face. We aren't going to pull any of these names. If chip Kelly gets back to college he's going to socal. He wouldn't consider us. Venables has two very big reasons he wouldn't come here. We're going to have to take a flier on a young coach or someone like Butch Davis

We won't have to take just anyone. Tanner knows this hire will define him. alot of reasons to come to our great school. And you are giving coaches too much credit for their loyalty to a geographic area. Most understand moving around comes with the profession

Hillary, black flag, and Chris Matthews .
Nah, Matthews still has that leg tingle. Hillary doesn't give anyone a tingle. And flag, he played too much without a helmet. He played the single wing.

I don't have a solid 3, but I would say either Chip Kelly or Lane Kiffin. No I don't think Kiffin is the best guy to have as the face of your football program its just that he would be a nice upgrade at this point. Chip Kelly would be a huge hire here even tho I won't get my hopes up that we even have a chance at him. Schools like Texas & the other USC can offer him more money. I just hope whoever we decide to bring in is very passionate about the game & winning. I believe change is near & its necessary.

95% of the names listed wouldn't come here for 7mil a year. Some of you need a clue. We aren't hiring a name coach or a big time coordinator
Agree. We know we have money to spend on a coach. Someone else mentioned we won't get Briles b/c of money...that ain't it. We won't get Art Briles b/c he's too old to start over again...especially after basically creating the football program at Baylor from nothing the past x amount of years. BUT...his kid Kendal Briles is OC there now. I'm pretty sure Dad isn't withholding too much info from JR. This is the type kid we need to target. Not a Baylor alum. Went to UT and Houston. Let's get him before they do, and hire the next Art Briles for god's sake. It's a worthy gamble considering everything else out there.
Again, agree w/ Kylebw - these 55 year old plus guys aren't going to voluntarily leave a sure thing to come compete in the SEC. Holtz and SOS were great fits not only for us, but most importantly for them. SOS has said repeatedly...nobody else was offering him a job to coach. It's been a huge win-win. Love him. Time to get some energy back into recruiting and coaching though. The hint of not caring doesn't sit well with a rabid fanbase that DOES care.

Yeah coaches aren't always loyal except when they're already where they want to be. Patterson, Briles, and the Utah coach are where they want to be. They make plenty of money and have job security in programs already built. It'd be a wasted call to any of them. Don't kid yourselves. We aren't getting any of the names listed other than briles kid possibly but I don't want him. Not enough experience

Agree...and for the record, we don't need Butch Davis anywhere near our program.
Yeah coaches aren't always loyal except when they're already where they want to be. Patterson, Briles, and the Utah coach are where they want to be. They make plenty of money and have job security in programs already built. It'd be a wasted call to any of them. Don't kid yourselves. We aren't getting any of the names listed other than briles kid possibly but I don't want him. Not enough experience

"Patterson" played at Kansas state. And has coached at 13 different schools. So let's not think coaches are loyal Cuz they are not.

Last edited:
"The Utah coach" played at Kansas state. And has coached at 13 different schools. So let's not think coaches are loyal Cuz they are not.
???? Utah's coach played at BYU and has coached in the state of Utah for his whole career absent a 5-year stint at Idaho State and has coached at Utah in one capacity or another since 1994.

"The Utah coach" played at Kansas state. And has coached at 13 different schools. So let's not think coaches are loyal Cuz they are not.

Louisville thought Petrino was
???? Utah's coach played at BYU and has coached in the state of Utah for his whole career absent a 5-year stint at Idaho State and has coached at Utah in one capacity or another since 1994.

I was thinking bout Patterson at TCU. Ooops

Reactions: rogue cock
Louisville thought Petrino was

I was thinking bout Patterson at TCU. Ooops
Yeah, I figure the one position that Patterson may consider leaving TCU for is the KSU job when Snyder retires. Figure KSU would put out feelers just to make sure, but I'm betting they end up hiring Venables.

Yeah, I figure the one position that Patterson may consider leaving TCU for is the KSU job when Snyder retires. Figure KSU would put out feelers just to make sure, but I'm betting they end up hiring Venables.

Art Briles will be 60 this yr so he is a little on the old side

I'm not a football coach, with whatever their motivations are. But in his shoes, I make plenty of money, people like me, our program is successful, my family seems happy.

I'm not leaving, alma mater or not. And in particular I don't plan on going a bunch of states east to South Carolina, to a school I have absolutely no connections to.

I'm not a football coach, with whatever their motivations are. But in his shoes, I make plenty of money, people like me, our program is successful, my family seems happy.

I'm not leaving, alma mater or not. And in particular I don't plan on going a bunch of states east to South Carolina, to a school I have absolutely no connections to.
Agree. No connection to either the school or the state.

Steve Sarkisian would have to top my list, once he gets a handle on his drinking. Excellent young coach who can recruit.

Looking realistically:

1) Tom Herman
2) Kirby Smart
3) Chip Kelly

But we are too far away right now. Need about 8-10 more weeks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT