ADVERTISEMENT

If there were no 2001...

Judson1

Jul 31, 2008
and you had to decide the intro music to bring in the Gamecocks, what would it be?

No 2001?
NO 2001!!!????? ARE YOU CRAZY!!!!!
Just kidding, if there were no 2001 I think our next best bet would be the fight song/fireworks combo that currently accompanies TDs.

Actually, I'd like to see a change re: 2001 . . . Crank up the volume. When the fans get jacked up for a big SEC game, they often drown out 2001. This wouldn't/couldn't happen at most schools, but it's the norm at Carolina!

Go Cocks!!!

Ooh. I just remembered something. The band sometimes plays the song from pirates of theCaribbean during games.
There's my answer nix that last one.

Sandstorm, of course. Let's just play the damn song from the time the team steps on the field until the game is over. Is it possible to play too much Sandstorm? I think not.

Enter Sandman. Rip off Mariano and Va Tech? Sure, but other teams have ripped off 2001, so I say, so what?

Intro music of Mr Crowley: Ozzy Osbourne

Intro to Doc Holiday: Volbeat

Another poster above mentioned " let the bodies hit the floor" that'll get u jacked up too!

Hey TaterTot, I mean GunTot-

That is funny... NOT! How 'bout y'all play "The wheels on the bus, go round and round" as they show on the video board the Magic School Bus making its victory lap from the locker room to the other side of the valley...

Clemtech is some kind of stupid.

Reactions: ShannonL
I like the Thunderstruck suggestion. I can imagine 85,000 crazy fans yelling "Thunder!" those three times at the beginning. I also like Welcome to the Jungle, Back in Black, and Enter Sandman.

But the problem with all those songs, compared to 2001, is that they don't reach a good crescendo that marks the point the team would run out. You just kind of pick a point in the song and fade it out.

I like the "Let's Get Ready to Rumble!" suggestion, but that really needs to happen right before 2001. It should fade right into it. Someday, when Carolina and Clemson meet in Columbia as top 5 teams, we need to get Michael Buffer down here on short notice to introduce both teams, just like with a championship fight. Introduce Clemson representing the ACC, give their record, wearing Barney purple and white, blah, blah, blah. Then, representing the SEC, with a record of such and such, wearing such and such, led by Hall of Fame coach Steven Spurrier. . . YOUR. . . SOUTH CAROLINAAAAAAA. . . GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMECOCKS! and it fades right into 2001.

Reactions: Lightpost
Confession time- pretty much every home game I get choked up during 2001. Yep- something happens to my eyes as Hank Hill would say and a slight bit of moisture rolls down my face. Especially during the old video they would show, Big George, Sterling, vids of our beautiful campus, and State. So many memories of my times at Carolina., etc....just overwhelms me and I get (dare I say) emotional. Then I wipe it off, and man up.

They need to play a section from "Here Comes the Rooster" by Alice in Chains. like when the announcer says, IT's 3RD DOWN!!! play "Yeah...here comes the rooster."

If any of these songs that you guys have listed are played as a replacement to 2001 we will have already lost our competitive advantage before we take the field. SMH!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT