ADVERTISEMENT

If we had a decent QB we would have beaten the taters yesterday.

Think about this for a second. The supposedly "#1 team" let a team with a walkon bagboy for a QB, a TRUE freshman starting his first game at tackle, the talent gap wasn't even close on both sides of the ball and not only did we hang with them, we would have beaten them if we'd scored on those three drives. If I'm a Clemson fan I'm not only embarrassed, I'm scared to death about the playoffs because not only will those teams have the talent to capatilize on all the mistakes Clemson makes, they will dominate them. Clemson shows me they are the same ol same ol that they've always been, our talent gap has fallen way off and we still were knocking on the door. Don't let them tell you about fumbles or junk touchdowns or anything like that, the fact is they got exposed yesterday and that tape is being passed around to playoff teams like a joint at Woodstock. There's no fixing those problems before the playoffs.

We didn't and they won. Congrats to them. The #1 team beat the worst in the SEC east by 5. Kind of exposed them for what they actually are.
The #2 school in the ACC also just took the #1 team in the SEC-East out behind the woodshed.
SEC has 1 school in the Top 10...ACC has 2. ACC is 7-1 against the SEC over the past 2 years in rivalry games....
We exposed them like Syracuse did......much to Da-blow's chagrin, they simply played to the level of their competition.

Reactions: apex73
QB was a real problem this season. Maybe the biggest problem. Nothing against Orth, who did his best as a former walk on, but he really stuffed at times and missed a lot of open throws.

More than anything, it calls into question Mangus' QB whisper reputation he built with Garcia and through Thompson.

Think about this for a second. The supposedly "#1 team" let a team with a walkon bagboy for a QB, a TRUE freshman starting his first game at tackle, the talent gap wasn't even close on both sides of the ball and not only did we hang with them, we would have beaten them if we'd scored on those three drives. If I'm a Clemson fan I'm not only embarrassed, I'm scared to death about the playoffs because not only will those teams have the talent to capatilize on all the mistakes Clemson makes, they will dominate them. Clemson shows me they are the same ol same ol that they've always been, our talent gap has fallen way off and we still were knocking on the door. Don't let them tell you about fumbles or junk touchdowns or anything like that, the fact is they got exposed yesterday and that tape is being passed around to playoff teams like a joint at Woodstock. There's no fixing those problems before the playoffs.
I agree with you. It all comes down to guts. Bottom line, klempsun is still soft! Nobody laid out Carson or Orth, like Swearinger laid out Ellington at dead valley in 2012 or Clowney laid out Boyd every time we played. They are a flashy team with big time talent, that can steamroll opponents when they get hot. But they are not an intimidating, physical team like they are being portrayed. They are gutless turds that fold like a cheap tent if you punch them in the face.

We paid Wayne Gallman back for last year. He probably spent his Sunday in the treatment room and hot tub. Boulware didn't do jack, just jumped around like a buffoon and let our backs run past him all day. He'd jump on the pile sometimes after someone else made the tackle. The only player they had that impressed me is the tight end Leggette. He's the real deal. I wasn't even all that impressed with Watson. He couldn't carve up our secondary for anymore than 230 yards????? He sucks passing the ball, I'm sorry, he just does. He can run around though I'll give him that.

And maybe if Spurrier had stayed we might have beaten quempsum yesterday.
And if your aunt had balls she'd be your uncle
We paid Wayne Gallman back for last year. He probably spent his Sunday in the treatment room and hot tub. Boulware didn't do jack, just jumped around like a buffoon and let our backs run past him all day. He'd jump on the pile sometimes after someone else made the tackle. The only player they had that impressed me is the tight end Leggette. He's the real deal. I wasn't even all that impressed with Watson. He couldn't carve up our secondary for anymore than 230 yards????? He sucks passing the ball, I'm sorry, he just does. He can run around though I'll give him that.
LOL. Wow. Deshaun was 20/27 for 279. That's 74%.

You didn't pay Wayne Gallman back at all, unless rushing for 102 instead of 191 is "paying him back"

It's spelled Leggett.

Clemson came in, had a bunch of out-of-character fumbles, and played horribly in the second half. Yet still won. The lead was 12 before a late TD with one second left. The cocks arguably played their best game of the season, at home, and still lost.

Also, you never had the lead, not once. Even after two consecutive drives ending with fumbles.

Congratulations on your moral victory I guess.

Reactions: apex73

You didn't pay Wayne Gallman back at all, unless rushing for 102 instead of 191 is "paying him back"

It's spelled Leggett.

Clemson came in, had a bunch of out-of-character fumbles, and played horribly in the second half. Yet still won. The lead was 12 before a late TD with one second left. The cocks arguably played their best game of the season, at home, and still lost.

Also, you never had the lead, not once. Even after two consecutive drives ending with fumbles.

Strong 1st post.

It's spelled Leggett.

You can throw out all the stats and "you never had the lead nanny nanny boo boo!" crap you want. We know Clemson fans are the masters as spinning. The fact is you looked like a bunch of damn fools allowing a bottom feeder from the sec that was 3-8 and had just lost to the citadel to hang around your precious team. Watson throws mostly bubble screens, that's why he passes for 74% and Gallman got his head knocked in many times. Btw it wasn't just like you were casually running down the field and whooops the ball fell out, we made those fumbles happen. It doesn't matter what I say, you're going to believe what you want but just remember what I told you when you're crying in front of your tv while your beloved Tigers are being bent over on national tv in the playoffs and you fall on the floor pouting and throwing a tantrum.

Reactions: BigTomE
After reading some of your post, to include this one, I am convinced you are a tater just trying to make Carolina fans look like idiots. There is so much stupid here that I really don't even know where to begin. Please just tell me, you don't really believe all this do you?

Reactions: CockerStaniel
After reading some of your post, to include this one, I am convinced you are a tater just trying to make Carolina fans look like idiots. There is so much stupid here that I really don't even know where to begin. Please just tell me, you don't really believe all this do you?
Talk to me when you've been here longer than 4 months.

It's spelled Leggett.

SC's worst team in 15 years took Clemson's best team in 30 years down to the wire. Those "out of character" fumbles were not just laid on the ground as gifts. The SC defense CAUSED those fumbles. We also caused another one that was incorrectly reversed. Also, SC averaged 20 PPG, but somehow managed to put up 32 points on Clemson. Could have actually been more without the red zone INT. If our lackluster offense managed 32 points, then how many points do you think UNC will score? Your tired defense plays poorly on the road, so the UNC game could get ugly.

Reactions: howard13
That post was stupid I don't care if I've been here four minutes. I actually think you're a tater trying to make us look bad. If you're not and you actually believe all that you just wrote then you are an idiot .
Yes I'm a tater. Gah, you finally caught me after 9 years of decieving all these people and going to all those games and posting pics and knowing all the details of USC. It took YOU to figure it all out. My gig is up, guess ill go into hiding now.

SC's worst team in 15 years took Clemson's best team in 30 years down to the wire. Those "out of character" fumbles were not just laid on the ground as gifts. The SC defense CAUSED those fumbles. We also caused another one that was incorrectly reversed. Also, SC averaged 20 PPG, but somehow managed to put up 32 points on Clemson. Could have actually been more without the red zone INT. If our lackluster offense managed 32 points, then how many points do you think UNC will score? Your tired defense plays poorly on the road, so the UNC game could get ugly.
Ummm you can't believe any of that because you'll be called a tater buy a guy with the screen name of an 80's tv show who's only been here for 4 months and has like 43 posts. Apparently he gets to determine who's taters and who's not on here. He's the sheriff of GC.

Yes I'm a tater. Gah, you finally caught me after 9 years of decieving all these people and going to all those games and posting pics and knowing all the details of USC. It took YOU to figure it all out. My gig is up, guess ill go into hiding now.
If you're not a tater then please answer a question for me, and I'm being serious. Do you really believe all of the over-the-top stuff you post?

I agree with you. It all comes down to guts. Bottom line, klempsun is still soft! Nobody laid out Carson or Orth, like Swearinger laid out Ellington at dead valley in 2012 or Clowney laid out Boyd every time we played. They are a flashy team with big time talent, that can steamroll opponents when they get hot. But they are not an intimidating, physical team like they are being portrayed. They are gutless turds that fold like a cheap tent if you punch them in the face.
Has nobody thought to punch them in the face this year? Seems like a pretty straightforward strategy.

If you're not a tater then please answer a question for me, and I'm being serious. Do you really believe all of the over-the-top stuff you post?
What game did you watch yesterday? Did they look like the best team in the land yesterday? Nobody cares about stats and other bs, the simple fact is they should have blown us out by 30+ and they couldn't even cover the spread! And you want US to apologize to that and sit here and say how great Clemson is and accept their bs excuses they're giving as to why it happened? Maybe YOURE the tater dude.

What game did you watch yesterday? Did they look like the best team in the land yesterday? Nobody cares about stats and other bs, the simple fact is they should have blown us out by 30+ and they couldn't even cover the spread! And you want US to apologize to that and sit here and say how great Clemson is and accept their bs excuses they're giving as to why it happened? Maybe YOURE the tater dude.
So I guess, just as an example, that you really do think Watson sucks at throwing the ball. Well I guess I got my answer. Thank you very much and have a Great evening.

Reactions: CockerStaniel
So I guess, just as an example, that you really do think Watson sucks at throwing the ball. Well I guess I got my answer. Thank you very much and have a Great evening.
Ok let's break it down some more. How many bubble screens did he throw yesterday vs anything over 10 yards? That little flip to Gallman counts as a pass too btw. If you think Watson looked Heismanesque yesterday you are nuts. Do you not understand how bad our secondary is that he was going up against???? For God sakes man wake up! He's a good player but he ain't no Heisman candidate by a long shot.

Lack of a decent quarterback is why Richt lost his job today and why Florida won its last game for this season a week ago - barely. If any team - ANY TEAM - doesn't get good play at that position in whatever system they use - they ain't goin' nowhere.

Ok let's break it down some more. How many bubble screens did he throw yesterday vs anything over 10 yards? That little flip to Gallman counts as a pass too btw. If you think Watson looked Heismanesque yesterday you are nuts. Do you not understand how bad our secondary is that he was going up against???? For God sakes man wake up! He's a good player but he ain't no Heisman candidate by a long shot.
Did you miss the part where USC was playing 2 high safety for almost 90% of their defensive snaps? A good QB and OC take advantage of what's given to them. USC quite literally gave Clemson the underneath stuff, but your expectation is that Watson throw the long ball anyway into double and triple coverage, or else he's not a good QB? The one time he caught Harris Jr. in obvious man coverage, he made us pay. He also hit Trevion Thompson on third and long with a downfield bomb to keep a scoring drive alive. I hate giving credit to anything they do, but if you can't see that he's a smart QB, then you're nothing more than a blind homer. Clemson loses that game handily without Watson under center.

OK, I'll give you my opinion. I have watched him several times on TV but yesterday was my first chance in person.Being at the game I think you get a better sense of speed, athleticism and arm strength and I came away very impressed. I thought he showed great pocket awareness and was calm under pressure. He has a quick and compact release and a strong arm. Combine that with his running ability and he is very hard to defend. He shouldn't win the Heisman but he should be invited to New York. Whether he's a tater or not. I can dislike clempson and still be objective.

Perhaps Clemson was overlooking a 3-8 rival, and looking ahead to a conference championship game?

Congratulations on playing the best game of your season, it still wasn't enough.

Perhaps Clemson was overlooking a 3-8 rival, and looking ahead to a conference championship game?

Congratulations on playing the best game of your season, it still wasn't enough.

Overlooking a team that is on Datboy's blackboard of season goals? Overlooked a team that Datboy had a countdown to kickoff clock installed for? Very doubtful.
Here's a more logical explanation... Clemson's defense is worn down, tired, and do not play well on the road. The defensive performances in the last 3 games is opposite of the first 3 games. Congrats on beating the worst team in the SEC, and signing up on your rival's board to gloat. Further proof taters have zero humility.

He did yesterday. With all the hype that's been built up about him being this dynamic passer do you really think he showed out yesterday? The fact is while he had a good game, he still would have been beaten had we had any sort of QB.

Did you miss the part where USC was playing 2 high safety for almost 90% of their defensive snaps? A good QB and OC take advantage of what's given to them. USC quite literally gave Clemson the underneath stuff, but your expectation is that Watson throw the long ball anyway into double and triple coverage, or else he's not a good QB? The one time he caught Harris Jr. in obvious man coverage, he made us pay. He also hit Trevion Thompson on third and long with a downfield bomb to keep a scoring drive alive. I hate giving credit to anything they do, but if you can't see that he's a smart QB, then you're nothing more than a blind homer. Clemson loses that game handily without Watson under center.
Clemson loses that game if we played Mitch, plain and simple. When have we NOT played two deep safeties all year?

That was the same bs excuse you used in 09. "Oh we were looking ahead to the ACCCG, we were really better than you though. Believe us" you can't keep using that excuse every time you play like crap. One day you're going to have to admit that the other team is actually better than Clemson. Not saying we were but you should have sleeped walked your way to an30 point victory yesterday.

He did yesterday. With all the hype that's been built up about him being this dynamic passer do you really think he showed out yesterday? The fact is while he had a good game, he still would have been beaten had we had any sort of QB.
You responded to the same post twice. I think you're getting confused.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT