ADVERTISEMENT

It’s a great feeling to wake up this morning a winner…

Sending an SOS

Aug 20, 2005
In my 43 years on this Earth, I can only say that’s happened twice among all of my favorite teams, and both times it’s been the Braves.

It sure would be nice to have that feeling as a Gamecock fan, but history is not on our side. If the Braves can go worst to first and sustain many years of success, why can’t we?

It’s all about talent, coaching and a bit of good fortune. We will figure it out one day I hope…

Reactions: Bftboy and suncock
Did you forget about 2010 and 2011? The 2010 world series changed my life because I decided last minute to go see it. Which in the end, my career changed completely on that decision. Then we go and actually win it with me in the stands.
2011 I was there. Went 2012 hoping for same feeling 😏.

Reactions: TAV31
I was born in 94, so don't remember the 95 championship. This is the first time one of my teams has won anything, so it's an incredible feeling this morning! (Unfortunately I wasn't a Gamecock in 2010 and 2011.)

GO BRAVES

Did you forget about 2010 and 2011? The 2010 world series changed my life because I decided last minute to go see it. Which in the end, my career changed completely on that decision. Then we go and actually win it with me in the stands.
Yes - I forgot which titles we won in those years. I was referring primarily to football - the flagship sport.

But I did have the same feeling those years so I guess I should’ve called that out.

It's so joyous because it's so rare. Twenty nine years for the first one, 26 to the second. When the Braves threw the first pitch in 1966 all of us wondered when we would get that feeling. We followed and occasionally whined about needing a closer Charlotte team. 1995 affirmed our Braves commitment, 2021 seals our reward for being a follower.

"uscmustwin" is once again "fowl_mood"

It's so joyous because it's so rare. Twenty nine years for the first one, 26 to the second. When the Braves threw the first pitch in 1966 all of us wondered when we would get that feeling. We followed and occasionally whined about needing a closer Charlotte team. 1995 affirmed our Braves commitment, 2021 seals our reward for being a follower.

"uscmustwin" is once again "fowl_mood"
Those of us who attended games during the Pat Jarvis years deserve a patience medal. I remember going to games with a general admission ticket and being able to sit two rows behind either dugout.

Reactions: Cybercock
Those of us who attended games during the Pat Jarvis years deserve a patience medal. I remember going to games with a general admission ticket and being able to sit two rows behind either dugout.
I remember two Aarons & two Niekros and my other favorite player Ralph Garr. I use to listen to games on 1430 am.

I've been a Braves fan most of my life, but I would trade both of those WS championships for two more Gamecock baseball championships in a heartbeat. So, I can't even imagine what my level of excitement would be over a Gamecock football championship. I'd probably trade the entire Braves franchise for that one. And when that football championship was over, I'd probably throw my hands up and say "I'm good! Nothing else for me to experience in spectator sports."

Although I only watched some 12 total minutes of MLB this season I did see the first home run last night. Pretty awesome!!

Yes - I forgot which titles we won in those years. I was referring primarily to football - the flagship sport.

But I did have the same feeling those years so I guess I should’ve called that out.
The irony of talking about a baseball title while disregarding our own baseball titles is pretty funny, but yes football is definitely king.
Heck, I was pretty dang ecstatic for our East title and going to the stadium to welcome the team after securing the division against the Gators.

The irony of talking about a baseball title while disregarding our own baseball titles is pretty funny, but yes football is definitely king.
Heck, I was pretty dang ecstatic for our East title and going to the stadium to welcome the team after securing the division against the Gators.
Sorry - I know my post was confusing, but in fairness, we are talking about a MLB baseball championship in the heart of football season, so I wasn’t even thinking about baseball with regard to the Gamecocks.

It's a hell of a feeling. I was in Omaha for both titles in 10, and 11. Was born in 94 so I don't remember the 95 title obviously. But it was nice to wake up a champion Wednesday morning. 4 titles and counting for me. Obviously being in the stands for both the national championships were a completely different feeling.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT