ADVERTISEMENT

Jim Harbaugh/Cowherd interview

DarkCock

Jan 21, 2006
Can you say "awkward'? Seriously, what's up with Harbaugh?

Harbaugh won't be at Michigan in 5 years. For winning to much and then going back to the NFL. Or losing to much and quiting.

Please don't link that pencil neck, know nothing mouth breather here again. That's 3 minutes (which was all I could stand) of my life I'll never get back, which is one reason I never listened to him before. Harbaugh sounded disinterested to begin with but he doesn't need self fulfilling idiots like this to promote his program. The U of M sells itself and Harbaugh has proven he can coach. As much as I dislike UMich I'm sure he'll make them a contender.
But for this pencil neck to disrespect the man in this way is laughable...even more than his comment "I've been doing this for 10 years". What a buffoon.

Please don't link that pencil neck, know nothing mouth breather here again. That's 3 minutes (which was all I could stand) of my life I'll never get back, which is one reason I never listened to him before. Harbaugh sounded disinterested to begin with but he doesn't need self fulfilling idiots like this to promote his program. The U of M sells itself and Harbaugh has proven he can coach. As much as I dislike UMich I'm sure he'll make them a contender.
But for this pencil neck to disrespect the man in this way is laughable...even more than his comment "I've been doing this for 10 years". What a buffoon.

What? Cowherd was just doing his job. Just because you dislike his show and persona you can't justify Harbaugh's actions. Cowherd is highly intelligent and is highly researched and prepared for his interviews. Hell, the majority of folks in media sided with Cowherd and blasted Harbaugh. Harbaugh was disinterested and acted like a complete jackass. If this was Spurrier our fans would be in an uproar.

Reactions: ownCU
Harbaugh is a strange, strange man- an oddball in many ways. That is not new info.

And to top it off: recruits don't care.

after watching the video, I would say that I hope he cosches better than he interviews this season. There was no reason for him to act that disinterested the "tough guy " persona is fine with your players but the media can make you or break you. If you don't want to do the interview, then say so don't come on a national sports show and act like you are doing the host a favor, you're not .

after watching the video, I would say that I hope he cosches better than he interviews this season. There was no reason for him to act that disinterested the "tough guy " persona is fine with your players but the media can make you or break you. If you don't want to do the interview, then say so don't come on a national sports show and act like you are doing the host a favor, you're not .
I have to agree with this. If you aren't interested in the interview, then just beg out of it. No need to act like a jackass.

What? Cowherd was just doing his job. Just because you dislike his show and persona you can't justify Harbaugh's actions. Cowherd is highly intelligent and is highly researched and prepared for his interviews. Hell, the majority of folks in media sided with Cowherd and blasted Harbaugh. Harbaugh was disinterested and acted like a complete jackass. If this was Spurrier our fans would be in an uproar.

Dude, get a grip. I don't give a hoot how intelligent the guy is, he's still a self-centered narcissist that thinks he's as important to the sport as the coaches that grant him interviews and help him out with his show. Yeah, Harbaugh sounded groggy, or tired, or out of sorts, but he did call in and he was trying to give answers to the stupid questions Cowherd was asking. And if Cowherd is so great why couldn't he handle the interview any better than he did? He kinda cut Harhaugh off when he was giving his "game plan" response. And I know the coach was moving slow, but Cowherd just kept popping out different BS questions...all which included his thoughts or his beliefs or his feelings. You have your opinion and I have mine...which is the guy is a blow-hard and a jerk. I've never listened to him much since he hit the airwaves and I don't plan on starting.

I liked the questions, but he could not handle them, who knows why, but if that was my team's coach, i would be concerned, and if i was a recruit going there, and that is the way the guy is, I would go somewhere else, we probably saw a glimpse of the way he acted with the upper management at SF and why they got rid of him.

The best recruiters understand that TV and Radio and appearances are platforms for selling your program for recruiting. Some coaches just do want to do that or they just don't get that.

We, the fans, deserve better energy from coaches who make more money in one year than we do in a lifetime. Harbaugh's effort flys in the face of fans who simply want to hear the major guys express themselves. BTW... these coaches would be making $40 to 60 K coaching HS football if it weren't for the fans.

Dude, get a grip. I don't give a hoot how intelligent the guy is, he's still a self-centered narcissist that thinks he's as important to the sport as the coaches that grant him interviews and help him out with his show. Yeah, Harbaugh sounded groggy, or tired, or out of sorts, but he did call in and he was trying to give answers to the stupid questions Cowherd was asking. And if Cowherd is so great why couldn't he handle the interview any better than he did? He kinda cut Harhaugh off when he was giving his "game plan" response. And I know the coach was moving slow, but Cowherd just kept popping out different BS questions...all which included his thoughts or his beliefs or his feelings. You have your opinion and I have mine...which is the guy is a blow-hard and a jerk. I've never listened to him much since he hit the airwaves and I don't plan on starting.

I actually became an instant OSU fan due to Harbaugh's groggy attitude. At least Meyers seems to respect us fans.

Cowherd is just doing his job, but that job is basically to talk about a bunch of nonsense to try to get ratings for his show. Jim Harbaugh is a simple football coach. He is not a pontificater like Cowherd is, and is not even interested in trying to think about the things Cowherd is asking about because to him it does not matter.

We, the fans, deserve better energy from coaches who make more money in one year than we do in a lifetime. Harbaugh's effort flys in the face of fans who simply want to hear the major guys express themselves. BTW... these coaches would be making $40 to 60 K coaching HS football if it weren't for the fans.

I disagree, I don't want to hear what they have to say. I would rather they just shut up and coach football.

He did pretty darn well at Stanford.

He did pretty darn well at Stanford.

OK, first of all I'm not big on radio sports talk host. Second, the reasons I'm not is 1) I don't usually have time and, 2) when they get a big personality on they ask the dumbest questions. But when they get to the level of Cowherd, who also does work for ESPN, they start to believe they're as important as these guys they get to interview. Notice how Cowherd is all jacked about the upcoming interview, complimenting Harbaugh on being an "intense" guy then claiming he knows a lot of "intense" guy and remarks that he's an intense guy too...to paraphrase. And I know these guys have to sell themselves to help keep ratings up and sell ads but it is annoying to me.
What happened here is Cowherd setting up what he thought was gonna be an "intense" interview so he got himself psyched up, tries to get his audience psyched up, compared himself as "intense" as the coach, and then when the coach wasn't as psyched and was slow in his answers Cowherd finally got annoyed. But if he is as professional as he claims to be he could've been empathetic with the coach...if he weren't so jacked up thinking things were going to go harder and faster...and realizing the coach wasn't as into the interview as he thought he would be he could've just slowed down and backed off the "intensity" to making the interview more comfortable for the coach and took the time to get the answers he wanted out of him. The bottom line is he didn't have to cut the coach off because the interview wasn't going the way he hyped it up...that was down right disrespectful.
But hey, I'm definitely not one to tell the man how to do his job. But if he keeps cutting off and pissing off coaches...especially high profile coaches at big schools...he's just cutting his own throat in the long run.

He does well every place he coaches...for 4 years. After that, he burns out, or he burns every one around him out, and then he leaves.

Dang, he went from San Diego, to Stanford then to the 49ners in 8 years.

That's not necessarily job hoping because you're burned out.

Harbaugh won't be at Michigan in 5 years. For winning to much and then going back to the NFL. Or losing to much and quiting.

I am betting on harbaugh. I think cowherd, who I find intelligent and sometimes entertaining, had too many cups of coffee and dorked. I think he was the one with a flight of ideas and asked a below average interview for his aptitude.

I hate Michigan. worthless state and program. I agree he will be gone in 5 or less, but he will win. Mainly because he understands that you can win a game with 4 great players and the rest average but smart. He will get way more than 4 great players at Michigan. either way, my interest in the big10 is piqued.

Harbaugh is a strange, strange man- an oddball in many ways. That is not new info.

And to top it off: recruits don't care.
reminds me of this oddball
images

ADVERTISEMENT