ADVERTISEMENT

Jimbo finished 8-4

I tend to agree... I don't understand why the fact that he took FSU from National Champion to last place in the ACC is so often ignored. However, his recruiting class this year is sick. So.... who knows?
They didn't end 2017 in last place. But yeah he let some serious rot in the program so the talent went to waste

He can spend billions on infrastructure, uniforms, whatever. Even he can't synthesize a premier coach - and there aren't but so many.
Knight can set up the most sophisticated "pay for likeness" scheme through Nike that gets him players that have no business going there except for $$$. Texas lost two badly needed top 2022 OL recruits in Kelvin Banks and Cameron Williams to that Oregon scheme.

Knight can set up the most sophisticated "pay for likeness" scheme through Nike that gets him players that have no business going there except for $$$. Texas lost two badly needed top 2022 OL recruits in Kelvin Banks and Cameron Williams to that Oregon scheme.
Texas can recoup. South Carolina can't.

He can spend billions on infrastructure, uniforms, whatever. Even he can't synthesize a premier coach - and there aren't but so many.
and he does. None of the coaches that have gone there have been mega names, but they’ve done well and made names for themselves. Now with the money deals, Nike can only help further that case.

I wonder what LSU will do if Kelly goes 8-4 or worse a few years in a row? They already have 3 possible losses built in now with TAMU, BAMA, MISS. The west is getting very competitive.

and he does. None of the coaches that have gone there have been mega names, but they’ve done well and made names for themselves. Now with the money deals, Nike can only help further that case.
They've spent hundreds of millions to go to the playoffs out of a weak league one time, and, if they have ever won a national championship (I don't know) it had to be back in antiquity - before the halcyon days of Nike and Phil Knight. The best coach Oregon has ever had is at UCLA right now.

So far, last year is an anomaly for Jimbo at A&M. We'll see how long they're ok with paying top money for 4-5 losses a year.

I tend to agree... I don't understand why the fact that he took FSU from National Champion to last place in the ACC is so often ignored. However, his recruiting class this year is sick. So.... who knows?
My 1 1/2 year old granddaughter could recruit to A&M. Jimbo does less with more than any college coach I can think of. He beats Bama, then loses to lame duck Orgeron at LSU. Left FSU a shell of a program, bolted, and got a huge contract. They’ll fire him at A&M if 8-4 continues!

Reactions: uscg1984
They've spent hundreds of millions to go to the playoffs out of a weak league one time, and, if they have ever won a national championship (I don't know) it had to be back in antiquity - before the halcyon days of Nike and Phil Knight. The best coach Oregon has ever had is at UCLA right now.
Totally agree, but that doesn’t mean they won’t be a regular contender to crash the party.

I think not. He has a top one or two recruiting class coming in. He can expect to bounce back. He already knows he can beat Alabama where he is. How many people know that?
Therein lies the issue of playing in the SEC. You can circle Alabama or Georgia on your schedule at the beginning of the season as your "big game," but you do so at your own risk. If Jimbo can't get his guys up for every single game, especially the road games, he will continue to underperform.

It looks like he has the #1 recruiting class coming in, but it's not like he hasn't been recruiting at an elite level for a number of years now. For whatever reason, it seems Jimbo's teams are always capable of laying a couple of eggs every year.

Reactions: king ward
UUUhhh...this isn't revisionist history.....you are telling outright LIES history. Willie Taggart was hired in December and single handily ruined a program in just 2 years. He has a LOSING record as a HC coach at every stop he's ever been at except for his lone year at Oregon (7-5)....which might as well be considered a losing year because guess what (??)....that year he was HC is tied for the worst record since 2005. FSU is still paying for the depths that he brought that program down to.
Jimbo Fisher, though an annoying c#nt, is obviously a winning football HC.

He has the original modern mega contract, built for retention, not for performance. His buyout is silly. This....this is the future now. So if he leaves, it won't be for pressure.

He is getting bank to coach like Sumlin. Texas A&M is the Sphinx of college football, they have all the money in the world but cannot seem to get it together consistently over a whole season. Kicking our ass it about the only thing that is consistent about that program.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT