ADVERTISEMENT

Just for funs

Freddie.B.Cocky

Jul 19, 2002
If one were standing right outside of WB on the West Side, which would be field height about to enter the stadium. How many stories, would it be to the top of the lights on the West Upper? And how many stories would it be to the top of the seating only, on the West Upper? I have sat on the very top row of the West Upper for one game back in the 70's, which was the ND game.

Obviously, this would be an approximation only but I have always wonder about the height in terms of stories.

Reactions: Closer
If one were standing right outside of WB on the West Side, which would be field height about to enter the stadium. How many stories, would it be to the top of the lights on the West Upper? And how many stories would it be to the top of the seating only, on the West Upper? I have sat on the very top row of the West Upper for one game back in the 70's, which was the ND game.

Obviously, this would be an approximation only but I have always wonder about the height in terms of stories.

It would be about the height of a 15 story residential building or a 12 story office building, in my opinion.

I was going to guess 10- 12 but I think 15 would be closer, especially if you were talking residential. Thanks for the input.

There is a 9 story residential building across the street, so I kind of gauged it in comparison to Carolina Walk.

599939_10151031793002351_1514062749_n.jpg

Based on an aerial photo of WB (not shown), The endline of the endzone lines up closely with the third set of stadium light stanchions. Consider this photo shown:

Williams-BriceStadium-1998.JPEG

Taking an average across the field, the approximate height to the top of the upper deck lighting (at the 3rd set of light stanchions) is 447 pixels (above the endzone endline). The width of the field is 412 pixels = 160 feet, or Therefore, the approximate height is 174 feet. And I repeat approximate.

Reactions: Tigerof66
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT