ADVERTISEMENT

Lines of scrimmage

PELION

Nov 25, 2001
All the talk coming in was about being a physical SEC team in both lines of scrimmage and tonite Clemson looked like one ! They pushed us around from the 1st drive and owned both lines of scrimmage . They had 18-20 players out hurt and still dominated !

Reactions: Tigerbandit
All the talk coming in was about being a physical SEC team in both lines of scrimmage and tonite Clemson looked like one ! They pushed us around from the 1st drive and owned both lines of scrimmage . They had 18-20 players out hurt and still dominated !
We aren’t in the same stratosphere as them, but what was also obvious is they are coached very well, they play assignment football and they came prepared for this game. We looked discombobulated from the beginning, stupid penalties and random timeouts, etc. We don’t have their horses nor are we coached anywhere close to them.

The most disappointing thing last night was watching our defensive line get pushed around, couldn’t get a whif of pressure and the missed tackles….my Lord the missed tackles.

Reactions: Ratheolcoach
OL only allowed one sack, we've known all year the DL is weak against the run because we need more size, but they were out there for a lot with no help from the O resting with a lot of sorry fields and geeks Clemson to 30. This whole game has a different complexion if the QB made better decisions when he had clean pockets and shorter routes open. We probably still need better receivers to really pull it off. And honestly, I'm not even saying Brown can't be that guy, he has a lot of physical tools, but he sure as hell wasn't the guy last night. We have 3 scholarship QBs, all the had one Spring and one preseason at this level of football to prepare, one had since reps last season and he's been injured all year. We need depth and experience there. OL looked bad most of the year but in recent weeks the only performance that's on them is Mizzou so I'm not sure it's still out biggest priority.

The low point for me last night was when Clemson had 1st and 10 from their own 1 yard line. They ran a basic QB sneak and picked up 5 yards. Not sure why they ever threw the ball after that.

Reactions: Pauliecock
I don’t get why our defense was gassed at all when they only ran 37 plays in the first half to our 24. That’s only an average of 74 plays a game, that’s not more than normal. Our conditioning was awful last night!

Dabo didn't make a Bobo and ran it down our throats. I don't put it all on the DL. We need better LB's which would help the DL on runs. Staley plays hard but he is limited.

We aren’t in the same stratosphere as them, but what was also obvious is they are coached very well, they play assignment football and they came prepared for this game. We looked discombobulated from the beginning, stupid penalties and random timeouts, etc. We don’t have their horses nor are we coached anywhere close to them.
It is easier to coach better athletes.

Clemson is an SEC playing in the ACC. Not just an SEC team but a good one. Their defense is solid and their OL pushed us around which was disappointing.

OL only allowed one sack, we've known all year the DL is weak against the run because we need more size, but they were out there for a lot with no help from the O resting with a lot of sorry fields and geeks Clemson to 30. This whole game has a different complexion if the QB made better decisions when he had clean pockets and shorter routes open. We probably still need better receivers to really pull it off. And honestly, I'm not even saying Brown can't be that guy, he has a lot of physical tools, but he sure as hell wasn't the guy last night. We have 3 scholarship QBs, all the had one Spring and one preseason at this level of football to prepare, one had since reps last season and he's been injured all year. We need depth and experience there. OL looked bad most of the year but in recent weeks the only performance that's on them is Mizzou so I'm not sure it's still out biggest priority.
All pockets are clean until a QB steps in. All routes are open until a QB throws the ball. Things aren't always as they seem from the stands or in a one liner from a talking head.

You and a couple of others are so obsessed with cutting down one particular tree you can't see the forest; ie timid receivers, disinterested and defeated OL, meek tackling attempts, refusal to attempt anything resembling an aggressive defense, and COMPLETE lack of preparation on both sides of the ball.

One can't say anything not negative about Jason Brown without having the chimps fling their feces, but given the repetitive public criticism by Beamer and ignorant social media comments coupled with going out against that team in that atmosphere in that perceived situation knowing that he carried the weight of a fan base expecting him to Joe Montana them to victory single handedly, and then being pretty much in that very requirement if it was to happen, I'm surprised the kid wasn't puking on the sideline.

Very poor decision to put Noland in when we did and very poor actions once he was; all kinds of wrong in all kinds of ways.

It will surprise me if Brown returns for next season but I hope he does.

Reactions: PalmettoNative
Our defense was not "gassed" Saturday night. Clemsux took their opening possession and like 5 other opponents we faced this year, took the ball down the field and scored. If you are gassed on the opponents first possession, then you are either tremendously out of shape or you worked way too hard in pregame warmups.

Burch and Pickens will both really benefit from spending another off-season in a college football strength and conditioning program. They both have a ton of potential, that the staff wants to let shine.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT