ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like Muschamp and Staff are encouraging

USC-1

Nov 13, 1998
a lot of our commits to "open up their recruiting" again. Wonder if he is gonna ask Elliott about the 3- 2 star OL?

Reactions: teester69
They should do that if the kids don't fit their scheme here AND THEY HAVE SOME KIDS LINED UP TO FILL THEIR SPOTS! Let's hope they do.

Its a bold move but it's what essentially has to happen in order to get rid of some dead weight on the roster & backfill with better talent. The previous coaching staff weren't signing great talent & a lot of the good recruits we did have coming in for the 2015 class bailed after Spurrier's 2-3 year comment.

Reactions: Ladycockcock
It was a no win situation. The coaches had to go. No way you hang on to bad coaches to bring in a few decent recruits. Chances are Champ & company will replace the recruits who left with relative ease. The coaches are burning up the recruiting trail right now.
Yep, I agree.

Reactions: gamecockblack
Hate to say it but I'm fine with whomever they choose to let go and who they choose to go after.

Our talent evaluation has not been great for the past couple of years AND we have not recruited the hard hitting players WM likes or needs...

If they leave, it's more than likely because they weren't gonna make a 2-deep anyway...win-win.

Reactions: mullis
That and I saw where T-Rob told Stallings he wouldnt be a good fit and he should look around but would honor our offer.

To me this is the best way to handle it. Give them the chance to look elsewhere and be upfront with them about the plans. After that if they still want to come, honor the scholarship offer.

a lot of our commits to "open up their recruiting" again. Wonder if he is gonna ask Elliott about the 3- 2 star OL?
I'm sure he will evaluate the talent. He may very well keep the 2* Olinemen. Most Olinemen are 2* and 3*. There aren't any 5*s and only a small number of 4*s. These services that rank players give priority to skill positions, so you can have a WR ranked as a 4* who isn't as good a WR as an another player is an OL who is ranked as a 3*. There is no ryhme or reason to it. That's why almost every coach indicates they do not pay any attention to * rankings but rather evaluate the players themselves.

I'm not saying I wouldn't rather have a 4 or 5 star kid, but a 2 star rating for an O-lineman is not always a negative reflection of college-level talent.

I'm sure he will evaluate the talent. He may very well keep the 2* Olinemen. Most Olinemen are 2* and 3*. There aren't any 5*s and only a small number of 4*s. These services that rank players give priority to skill positions, so you can have a WR ranked as a 4* who isn't as good a WR as an another player is an OL who is ranked as a 3*. There is no ryhme or reason to it. That's why almost every coach indicates they do not pay any attention to * rankings but rather evaluate the players themselves.
Gregg Little says hello

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT