ADVERTISEMENT

Lou Holtz just made a great argument as to why ND does not belong in the CFP

bigsirspur

Nov 12, 2012
Sometimes old people just blurt out the truth:

Speaking of Brian Kelly: "“But I cannot think of one marquee win he’s had over a top-10 team… Other than he beat Clemson when they had the second-string quarterback (2020). When Clemson played them again the same year with [Trevor] Lawrence, they dominated."

"You just don't leave Notre Dame." Apparently for $95mil you will.
That cracked me up as well. Notre Dame's entitlement mentality is a joke, and finally the conferences are not taking its crap anymore. How it got a special seat at the table equivalent to a conference in the talks to create the CFP is beyond me. But the play nobody, beat nobody ranked, and then get to the playoffs by process of elimination may actually work for them. It likely won't work with a 4 team field, but they may sleep their their way into an 8 or 12 team field. Meanwhile coming through the SEC gauntlet with 2 losses may eliminate a far better team.

That cracked me up as well. Notre Dame's entitlement mentality is a joke, and finally the conferences are not taking its crap anymore. How it got a special seat at the table equivalent to a conference in the talks to create the CFP is beyond me. But the play nobody, beat nobody ranked, and then get to the playoffs by process of elimination may actually work for them. It likely won't work with a 4 team field, but they may sleep their their way into an 8 or 12 team field. Meanwhile coming through the SEC gauntlet with 2 losses may eliminate a far better team.
What it tells us is that ND MIGHT be a very good team, but they struggled far too often against weak competition this season. IMO, the most valuable thing that ND did was to lose at home to Cincy. That validated a non P5 program and set them up for CFP consideration. That’s a pretty big deal.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT