ADVERTISEMENT

Major changes in tigger town?

NFL commish makes $40 MILLION YEARLY. Thank about that!
That is astounding! It seems viewership is dropping as in DTV offering The NFL package free the last two years. Some years ago I bought that and it was $350 yearly. Only once, tho. I wonder if he is earning that nearly 3.5M per month?

There is an extremely high likelihood that whoever Clemson gets to replace Venables is going to be a major drop off in talent.
IDK, when they are willing to drop $2-3M for a coordinator, they will likely draw the top talent. Plus DS keeps an active list of replacements for all positions and is big on prepping his staff for in-house promotions.

You realize Dabo is friends with Mark Davis and is in Vegas because of the College Football Hall of Fame induction....along with many other coaches. Where did you find info he is "entertaining offers" from them besides the pic of him with Mark Davis?
Go ask your daddy.....it is Datboy, isn't it?

IDK, when they are willing to drop $2-3M for a coordinator, they will likely draw the top talent. Plus DS keeps an active list of replacements for all positions and is big on prepping his staff for in-house promotions.
Yes, Clemson will reload, but without a generational QB, and with the loss of both Cs, they won't be in the playoff anytime soon. Top 10 or top 15 team - yes. Top 4 - no.

Reactions: tefflon
Yes, Clemson will reload, but without a generational QB, and with the loss of both Cs, they won't be in the playoff anytime soon. Top 10 or top 15 team - yes. Top 4 - no.
We can hope that’s the case. But we also have to realize that those jobs are fairly attractive. Talent in place. Proven willingness to shell out top-pay. Easy schedule. Easy path to the CFP. They’ll be able to attract a couple of really good candidates. Here’s hoping they swing and miss bigly!

I hope Dani stays. Don’t want him to get out of town before we can start beating him again like our streak before his streak. Cyclical.

nobody knows what the future holds.

This has to be one of my all-time favorite posts ... reminds me, just a tad, of the Curious Case of Sid Finch "April Fools" article written by George Plimpton many years ago ...

There is an extremely high likelihood that whoever Clemson gets to replace Venables is going to be a major drop off in talent.
Unlike Carolina, Clempson will drop the big bucks. At the end of the day, that is what these guys are after.

Reactions: sprtanbrg_GC
We can hope that’s the case. But we also have to realize that those jobs are fairly attractive. Talent in place. Proven willingness to shell out top-pay. Easy schedule. Easy path to the CFP. They’ll be able to attract a couple of really good candidates. Here’s hoping they swing and miss bigly!
I keep reading that Wes Goodwin will be the next DC. He is an analyst.

It would certainly be tantamount to our hideous gaffe.

Take your finest coach and promote him into a position for which he's unqualified.

It weakens the program he departed (baseball.)

It greatly weakens the program he takes on (athletics.)

Sadly, Clemson isn't so dense.
Tanner stated that 2013 would be his last year in the dugout, and he was done. No ands, ifs, or buts. Holbrook was hired as coach-in-waiting to take over in 2014. It was a no-brainer hire at the time.

I think many figured RT would take on an AD position at a small school in the Carolinas. But then, Hyman announced he was moving on.

This was not a promotion to AD. It was a job change.

Perhaps the hiring powers felt that RT's experience in USC's Athletic Department might be the equivalent of hiring someone from the outside who has been an AD.

USC was dense for decades by not insisting that the AD not be the head coach of any sport at the school. Conflict of interest, IMO.

Many of us do not know what goes on behind the scenes with the BOT and the attractiveness of openings at USC.

Last edited:
Reactions: chief2791
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT