ADVERTISEMENT

Maybe I'm Wrong

MANAFOLD

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2004
but I think the kids we are after who commit to us are taking a wait and see approach, want to see how the program and head coach react after the season gets rolling and is over. Hate to have to wait so long to see if we end up with a good class but it is what it is. I expect more Juco players coming in and some UGA leftovers in this years group.

We have I think 5 commits. Can only Sign 20. So have til feb to gain 15 more commits and we are in on several great prospects

We have I think 5 commits. Can only Sign 20. So have til feb to gain 15 more commits and we are in on several great prospects
While I agree it's early and commitments aren't really a concern there is a real concern about these kids and the amount of contacts we are making. I have read more than once from highly recruited players that "I haven't heard from South Carolina in a while". It's as easy as a text, a phone call, and email. You don't have to travel and see every kid every week but you have to stay in the kids mind. There is time to build relationships if it is handled the right way. If not, we will miss on some great players because of it.

Yeah, it's early. It doesn't matter how decent our previous classes were at this point in the year. But it's better to be honest about our expectations. If we keep missing on every single big recruit, how should Gamecock fans look at that? How should Gamecock fans react? Hope for the best, but expect the worst?

As a Gamecock fan, I cannot go back to that mentality.

Yeah, it's early. It doesn't matter how decent our previous classes were at this point in the year. But it's better to be honest about our expectations. If we keep missing on every single big recruit, how should Gamecock fans look at that? How should Gamecock fans react? Hope for the best, but expect the worst?

As a Gamecock fan, I cannot go back to that mentality.
As A Gamecock fan I am honest when I say I expect us to sign the best players we can sign at the positions of need who fit in with our team. I don't expect us to EVER beat ass kisser coaches on players who demand their ass be kissed. I'm fine with that.

CJP5cj_XAAQ6GWO.jpg

We knew the coaches were going to be more selective this year given the low number we can bring in this year. Maybe that's why we see so few commits so far.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT