ADVERTISEMENT

Need Some Info From All the Clemson Fans On This Board

SportsSuites1

Oct 17, 2007
I realize you guys are the cat's meow and think you'll win every game by double-digits ... and you SHOULD early-on opening with 1) Wofford then 2) Appalachian State - but the next two games are 3) on the road against Louisville then 4) at home against Notre Dame.

A very odd early-season 'open-date' to rest and prepare for the Irish will help Clemson prior to playing at-home, especially since the Irish, even with their four-leaf clovers don't quite enjoy the 'luck of the tigers' and instead of a week off and games against mid-conference opponents will have played Texas, Virginia and Georgia Tech before coming to Clemson.

My question is ... when the games start getting 'CLOSE' and Clemson needs a 'kicker' WHO is going to kick?

Since Dabo sat Sammy Watkins for two games for weed (to his credit, even Auburn) ... what is Dabo going to do about Lasik's recent DUI and cocaine-bust where he refused both a blood and urine test? I KNOW the HBC's 'policy' for cocaine ... it's 'GONE' - but I don't know Dabo's. If it's not 'gone' it's certainly 4-5 games isn't it? All I've heard is he's 'currently suspended' ... maybe they're waiting until they watch the other guys kick before announcing the actual 'penalty'.

Lasik started last year shaky for you but had a heckava' 2nd half for Clemson, and he's the only guy you have who's ever even tried a FG or XPT at Clemson to my knowledge.

FG kickers ARE IMPORTANT ... just ask three-years in a row undefeated going into the game with Miami "Wide left! Wide left! Good lord, this year it's wide RIGHT!" Bobby Bowden from FSU.

What's the 'news'? Or IS the Clemson staff really waiting to conduct 'tryouts' before announcing Lasik's penalty? I don't know squat about 'drugs' or their 'criminal' penalties except what I've heard on Richard Pryor tapes where he says "when you look in the jail's it's all us ... 'specially when you talkin' 'bout cocaine."

But I don't 'count' Richard Pryor as the last word on juris prudence in Pickens County, SC. You guys, on the other hand are "all-in" ... so I'm expecting that you "all know".

WHO is going to kick FG's and XPT's for Clemson? It MIGHT be 'important' at some time during the season. They might not ALL be 'double-digit' blowouts, even if that's what you expect.

If it IS Lasik and you run him out there against us are we allowed to compel a 'drug test' prior to the attempt? What's the 'rule' on that? You guys 'ought be up on ALL this stuff!!! Help us out.

Reactions: Tigerof66
I realize you guys are the cat's meow and think you'll win every game by double-digits ... and you SHOULD early-on opening with 1) Wofford then 2) Appalachian State - but the next two games are 3) on the road against Louisville then 4) at home against Notre Dame.

A very odd early-season 'open-date' to rest and prepare for the Irish will help Clemson prior to playing at-home, especially since the Irish, even with their four-leaf clovers don't quite enjoy the 'luck of the tigers' and instead of a week off and games against mid-conference opponents will have played Texas, Virginia and Georgia Tech before coming to Clemson.

My question is ... when the games start getting 'CLOSE' and Clemson needs a 'kicker' WHO is going to kick?

Since Dabo sat Sammy Watkins for two games for weed (to his credit, even Auburn) ... what is Dabo going to do about Lasik's recent DUI and cocaine-bust where he refused both a blood and urine test? I KNOW the HBC's 'policy' for cocaine ... it's 'GONE' - but I don't know Dabo's. If it's not 'gone' it's certainly 4-5 games isn't it? All I've heard is he's 'currently suspended' ... maybe they're waiting until they watch the other guys kick before announcing the actual 'penalty'.

Lasik started last year shaky for you but had a heckava' 2nd half for Clemson, and he's the only guy you have who's ever even tried a FG or XPT at Clemson to my knowledge.

FG kickers ARE IMPORTANT ... just ask three-years in a row undefeated going into the game with Miami "Wide left! Wide left! Good lord, this year it's wide RIGHT!" Bobby Bowden from FSU.

What's the 'news'? Or IS the Clemson staff really waiting to conduct 'tryouts' before announcing Lasik's penalty? I don't know squat about 'drugs' or their 'criminal' penalties except what I've heard on Richard Pryor tapes where he says "when you look in the jail's it's all us ... 'specially when you talkin' 'bout cocaine."

But I don't 'count' Richard Pryor as the last word on juris prudence in Pickens County, SC. You guys, on the other hand are "all-in" ... so I'm expecting that you "all know".

WHO is going to kick FG's and XPT's for Clemson? It MIGHT be 'important' at some time during the season. They might not ALL be 'double-digit' blowouts, even if that's what you expect.

If it IS Lasik and you run him out there against us are we allowed to compel a 'drug test' prior to the attempt? What's the 'rule' on that? You guys 'ought be up on ALL this stuff!!! Help us out.

Not sure I followed you on that circuitous route !!

OK, is this easier? Possession of < 1g of a Schedule I drug in SC is punishable by up to 2 years in prison and a fine up to $5,000. Possession of > 1g is considered prima facia evidence of a felony with intent to distribute, with much harsher penalties. Both are serious offenses. Clemson's FG kicker Lasik's cocaine was concealed in a lip balm case - according to the news reports I saw, no 'volume amount' was listed in the story I read.
Q. 1 is: What's happened since the arrest? Is the guy still on the team, but suspended? Do any of the multitude of Clemson fans who post here have any additional info? Q. 2 is: If not Lasik, who is expected to kick?

Reactions: Tigerof66
My guess is Lakip will be suspended the first two (easy) games, and be back in full graces just in time to play their first big (conference) game of the season against Louisville. No way on this earth that dumbo makes him miss that game.

I believe Watkins had weed and pills. Not that it makes it any better and I would tend to agree, Lakip sits the 1st two games, then Mr. Stanky Leg is back to it..

dablow has shown multiple times that he is lax on discipline. Joe Craig. Potkins. The O lineman who beat a student into a coma. Chad Kelly (initially). "The Rant" and the way he handled himself during his traffic stop and ticketing also show immaturity and lack of control. Lakip will miss the two cream puff games (could clemp's schedule be any more ridiculous?) and be back on the field for Louisville. UNLESS dablow finds another reliable PK. Then he may extend the suspension for a third game so he can spin himself as being a tough disciplinarian.

Schedule 1 drugs:

Heroin, LSD, Ecstasy, Marijuana, etc...

Schedule 2:

Adderall, cocaine, etc...

Lakip should sit for half the amount Sammy did according to the seriousness of the crimes in comparison.

Not that it really matters though, Lakip missed most of the kicks that mattered last year, and we're not planning on kicking many FG's this year. Just TD's.

I have the utmost respect for Spurrier, who was released from his team following the schedule 2 drug charges you speak of? I haven't been keeping up with arrests, honestly. Well ever since, Dalvin Cook, Winston, half the Tennesse team have said to have "shown great strides of improvement" after raping and assaulting women, without missing any more than one half of an irrelevant game in season.

In 2013, when I was searching for some holes in the Gamecock armor during the pre-season, I wondered the same question regarding the gamecocks. Elliot Fry turned out more than alright, wasn't until last year that Pharoh Cooper eclipsed him as the most significant contributor from the 2013 signing class and Fry was a walk-on for that matter.

Lakips backup will likely be Alex Spence, redshirt freshmen out of West Florence. We will probably lose a game or two just because of Lakip suspension and Battle/Ebo getting kicked off the team by Dabo (in addition to games we would have lost with them, which I would also guess at "a game or two")

Last I can remember, Steve Spurrier does not determine disciplinary action for his players. Every time Garcia got in trouble it seemed he would say, "it's out of my hands. It's up to the AD to decide." Kind of a Pontius Pilot move, but it takes the pressure off him I suppose.

ForeverTiger1981 wrote:

" ... kind of a Pontius Pilot (sic) move, but it takes the pressure off him I suppose."

Why am I NOT surprised that you tiger 'zealots' would be making references involving Judaea way back when ... given all the stuff going on 'round 26 C.E.?
You need to remember PP was but the Roman 'Prefect' - a 'placeholder' ... it was Tiberius who was Emperor, and the guys doing the 'voting' 'bout what to do with the guy who turned over all the money-changer tables and let lose all the sacrificial animals in the Temple were the high-priest ... 'twas NOT 'ol Pontius Pilate.

The HBC has NEVER claimed to be the Emperor nor does he cut the throats of goats - I don't care how much you pay him he ain't gonna' stand over no four horn-legged copper and brass covered table to slice and dice just so you can feel better 'bout yourself before heading back home towards Damascus, Bethlehem or where ever it is you came from.

Nope. And while it's TRUE you boys 'up the road' STILL herd a passel of goats - ain't NOTHING like that 'round here.

Are you Otis Campbell?

Last edited:
Reactions: Pruittmatt44
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT