ADVERTISEMENT

No NCAA Football game this year again!

Bleedgandb3334

Aug 31, 2013
Gulf Shores, Alabama
This really sucks! Especially with the next gen consoles being out. Maybe EA not doing it anymore will help in the long run. They were just producing the same game with a different cover every year. I sure hope someone makes a game though. That was my favorite!

EA has promised a game in 2016 for the next gen systems with a different name but with all the colleges, conferences, etc. Until then just update your rosters with a download and play on.;)

My last year at 'Carolina Dr. Hook & The Medicine Show released their huge Shel Silverstein hit "I Got Stoned and I Missed It". I freely admit to being 'drunk' MANY more times than once (before 1972 - and several times since) ... but I've never been 'stoned' - which may have something to do with having never played a 'video-game'.
I did play 'Pac-Man' ONCE (it cost a quarter) ... at a Pizza Hut while waiting on my then-fifth grade daughter's 'personal pizza' for earning a 'gold star' in her english-composition/reading class ... without a doubt one of the most brilliant 'promotions' ever conceived by a public eatery ... insofar as that FREE 4"-6" 'personal pizza' was all hers - leaving her older brother, his Mom and Dad (that be me) to (usually) purchase our 'regular' order of an extra-large pepperoni & mushroom PLUS two large cokes, a pitcher of beer and two frosted mugs with its associated tab + tip of something around $25-$30 bucks.
EA games is a 'subject' for which I have no opinion - but do foster fond memories of the money-saved since being relieved of responsibility for 'buying' the latest this or that 'alternative' to playing in the fresh sunshine.
Thankfully, that 'pressure' was never great as my daughter continued to practice proficient reading, while her older brother's 'pressure' was geared more towards 'earning' a Rawling's 'Heart of the Hide' T-web for $150 than whining for the latest X-Box, et al this or that.
Now 33, his desire to 'learn to play golf' instead of mastering hand-controllers has also helped his business career in subtle ways ... thank the 'lawdy my brood never took up the 'sport' of 'fastest-thumb'.

My last year at 'Carolina Dr. Hook & The Medicine Show released their huge Shel Silverstein hit "I Got Stoned and I Missed It". I freely admit to being 'drunk' MANY more times than once (before 1972 - and several times since) ... but I've never been 'stoned' - which may have something to do with having never played a 'video-game'.
I did play 'Pac-Man' ONCE (it cost a quarter) ... at a Pizza Hut while waiting on my then-fifth grade daughter's 'personal pizza' for earning a 'gold star' in her english-composition/reading class ... without a doubt one of the most brilliant 'promotions' ever conceived by a public eatery ... insofar as that FREE 4"-6" 'personal pizza' was all hers - leaving her older brother, his Mom and Dad (that be me) to (usually) purchase our 'regular' order of an extra-large pepperoni & mushroom PLUS two large cokes, a pitcher of beer and two frosted mugs with its associated tab + tip of something around $25-$30 bucks.
EA games is a 'subject' for which I have no opinion - but do foster fond memories of the money-saved since being relieved of responsibility for 'buying' the latest this or that 'alternative' to playing in the fresh sunshine.
Thankfully, that 'pressure' was never great as my daughter continued to practice proficient reading, while her older brother's 'pressure' was geared more towards 'earning' a Rawling's 'Heart of the Hide' T-web for $150 than whining for the latest X-Box, et al this or that.
Now 33, his desire to 'learn to play golf' instead of mastering hand-controllers has also helped his business career in subtle ways ... thank the 'lawdy my brood never took up the 'sport' of 'fastest-thumb'.
Settle down brother, no ones taking the thumb pumping sport to serious levels here. Just wish they had a new game. You can be a doctor and still like to play video games.

Unless, like your post implies, everyone who plays video games isn't your kid. Lol

Unless, like your post implies, everyone who plays video games isn't your kid. Lol

No offense meant, I'm just an 'old(er) guy'.

I'm not knocking 'gamers' (or doctors) or technology ... or SOME 'video games' ('Speak and Spell' comes to mind). Technology has truly changed mankind, much (but not ALL) of it for the best.

I was a teen in the1960's when a 'battery-operated' digital watch was an AWESOME anomaly ... the first one I remember staring at 'through the jeweler's window' was an Omega model in 14K gold with a REAL alligator (as opposed to 'embossed') leather band that sold for almost $2,000. At the time I had no idea watches (ANY watch) cost that much money. Maybe we COULD walk on the moon one day.

Fast forward only about a decade and a 'digital watch' every bit as accurate as that Omega (albeit housed in a plastic case with a plastic band) could be had 'Free' at lots of 7-11 convenience stores provided you spent $10 bucks on a 'fill up'. And depending on where you were ... to 'qualify' for the watch you needed to wait until you needed at least 15 and sometimes almost 20-gallons of gas before you could 'earn' that free watch!

The entire WORLD has benefited hugely from technology in so many ways ... education, information, communication, science and medicine to name a few - BUT (just my opinion) video "games" have 'caused' and worse, have exacerbated a litany of generational problems encompassing poor (and getting worse) nutrition, diminished parenting skills, fitness & wellness and personal social skills.

I certainly don't blame 'video games' on my youngest daughter's poor choices in high school boyfriends (though I do recall they were supposedly 'expert' gamers) - however, to a large degree I do attribute their skinny arms, fat butts and inability to look you in the eye when saying hello or shaking hands to their wasted time spent on the couch playing Dungeons and Dragons. Thank God those lame losers are all in the rear view mirror.

Hey, I LOVE 'Sony' stuff!!! ... we've owned several of their TV's. The first was a battery-operated (only) 'Watchman' featuring a 2-inch B&W screen that's 'at least' 25-years old but still works perfectly.

It's 'time-killing', physical-activity robbing "video games" I have a problem with.

Perhaps as 'virtual reality' improves someone will manufacture a 'virtual' football game to rival the EA 'video game' featuring a helmet and padded-wall that game-players can charge and crash into.

At least they'll be getting some exercise ... and that "heading towards 60%+" of obese children under the age of 12 statistic will start to GO DOWN. It might also put more 20 and 30-something's back on the golf courses where old(er) guys like me could beat 'em out of a few 'shots' 'fore we start - then beat 'em out of a few bucks once we start beating it around. Call me selfish, but I miss cutting up and laughing with 'young guys' who can hit it a mile but couldn't make a 4-foot putt if the hole was as big as one you'd find on 'bout any goat in a Clemson barn.

Reactions: Bleedgandb3334
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT