ADVERTISEMENT

'Notes' From the Cleveland Browns Training Camp

SportsSuites1

Oct 17, 2007
The Browns opened camp yesterday and our guy, Connor Shaw got 'special notice ink' the 1st day on the team's' website:
  • Connor Shaw continued to look like a very capable backup quarterback. He has not received second-team repetitions throughout the offseason, but he’s been executing when given his few snaps.
They have some new guy (somebody McGown or something like that) running 1st team who's a veteran traded for during the off-season with Manziel running the 2nd team.
Comments 'bout those two were they both had some 'good throws' and some 'they would like to have back.'

The guy continues to work very hard and do his job. He's certainly done us 'proud'. I think Connor Shaw has a heart as big as a watermelon.

The Browns opened camp yesterday and our guy, Connor Shaw got 'special notice ink' the 1st day on the team's' website:
  • Connor Shaw continued to look like a very capable backup quarterback. He has not received second-team repetitions throughout the offseason, but he’s been executing when given his few snaps.
They have some new guy (somebody McGown or something like that) running 1st team who's a veteran traded for during the off-season with Manziel running the 2nd team.
Comments 'bout those two were they both had some 'good throws' and some 'they would like to have back.'

The guy continues to work very hard and do his job. He's certainly done us 'proud'. I think Connor Shaw has a heart as big as a watermelon.

This reminds me so much of the Doug Flutie situation. I watched the special on Doug Flutie and even when he proved everyone wrong countless times in the NFL, no one ever believed in him except for the fans. Shaw's situation is a little different because the reason I think he is being held back is because they spent so much on Manziel, and will look like idiots if he doesn't pan out. Okay, let me correct that statement....look like bigger idiots.

When they usually mention the Browns QB situation, I hear Manziel and McCown's name and rarely see Shaw even mentioned. I hope he gets his chance again this year.

Still waiting on the "genius NFL evaluators" to find the Calgary qb in the CFL. He's not had a great start this year but he's won everywhere he goes. I think him and Connor Shaw are similar in talent.

The would rather re hash the same re treads every year, like The Mcowns of this world than give someone like CS a chance.

Probably the best thing for Connor would be for the Browns to release him. The Browns organization is a joke. If they released him at least he could try to sign on with a team thats not considered an NFL punchline.

Probably the best thing for Connor would be for the Browns to release him. The Browns organization is a joke. If they released him at least he could try to sign on with a team thats not considered an NFL punchline.

I agree BUT they will let Manziel go when he screws up big enough to release him without paying him anymore. It's just a matter of time.

Connor could pick the right team for him Im sure, but Cleveland could be a good fit if he can wait it out.

Who's backing up Russel Wilson in Seattle? Connor could do that and be legit for them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT