ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Anyone besides me have to get their wife or significant other to wrap their own gifts? LOL!

Freddie.B.Cocky

Jul 19, 2002
Department stores don't wrap gifts anymore. I use to get all my gifts that I bought for my wife wrapped at the store but again they don't do that anymore (or at least the ones where I shop). Plus, I buy a lot of her gifts on-line. If I wrapped a gift it ends up looking like something a kid would try and wrap. LOL! I do, however, disguise the gift in boxes so that she can't recognize the gift.

Reactions: ClemDent
I’m lucky my wife wraps purchases and picks out her own gift. We don’t do the separate bank account thing. It’s our money. She will come in month or two before holidays and birthday and say “don’t buy me anything I bought a gift from you already.” Works for us.

I love to wrap presents, ( I put son some Christmas music along with a glass of wine)
HOWEVER I truly suck at it. Just part of the Christmas charm
Same. My mom taught me to do that at an early age....since she didn't want to wrap my gifts to others. Even can make my own bows.

If you want a gift that comes wrapped.....order from Tiffany's. They wrap it for you.....can't disguise where it came from though as the blue paper gives it away.

I love to wrap presents, ( I put son some Christmas music along with a glass of wine)
I may try that next year. But, like I said, the ones I wrap look like a kid wrap the present. But I think I'll use your idea - it's just part of the charm.

Same. My mom taught me to do that at an early age....since she didn't want to wrap my gifts to others. Even can make my own bows.

If you want a gift that comes wrapped.....order from Tiffany's. They wrap it for you.....can't disguise where it came from though as the blue paper gives it away.
Wow! You make your own bows? A gift wrapper, extraordinaire!!

• Haha
Reactions: rogue cock
Exactly my approach. Exactly the same results. Tolerant friends and families are but one of the holidays joys!

I’m lucky my wife wraps purchases and picks out her own gift. We don’t do the separate bank account thing. It’s our money. She will come in month or two before holidays and birthday and say “don’t buy me anything I bought a gift from you already.” Works for us.
We don't do the separate banking account thing either. But we both have credit cards that are one account, one with her name on the card and one with my name on the card. Plus, if I need cash I simply get it from her. If I handled the money we won't have food to eat much less a place to live. LOL!

• Haha
Reactions: 92Pony
Ditto here, I am to the point it’s comical and embrace my lack of skill in wrapping.
Growing up I used to get a lot presents that were wrapped in pages from the comics section of the Sunday papers (they were printed in color).
Also

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT