ADVERTISEMENT

Overall Defense Improvement

sanfordcock

Oct 9, 2013
If at the end of the year our defense is rated in the top 50, is that the kind of improvement we are looking for this year?

We had a really young defense last year with some really good players playing out of position. BAW is not a defensive end but will be a beast at LB. Jordan Diggs was a good LB but will be a great SS. I thought our Fr corners did pretty well last year even though they were young. These guys have been working hard in the off season to be the elite corners they were recruited to be. The new guys on the Dline are the guys we recruited to replace Clowney and Quarles and Taylor but they had trouble getting into school. That doesn't mean they're not good football players. That being said I think with Spurriers explosive offense if we can manage a top 50 defense we will have a really good season

I think top 30 is do-able. I agree with what you said GolongT. The only thing i might not agree with is our DBs. I didnt think they were very good last year even considering the youth of the group, but i also think most of that can be attributed to the poor D-line play and i do expect a much better season for them and the D-line. Im excited to see how goo this Kansas transfer is!

I think the secondary will be a lot better. If we get just an average pass rush.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT