ADVERTISEMENT

Please keep my daughters in your thoughts and prayers as they deal with

chick75

Jul 14, 2002
Camden, SC
the imminent death of their father, my ex-husband. Sad time for me as well as I try to help them through this since they are so far away. They came from Montana and Washington State (one with an 11-month-old) in April and visited, tried to lift his spirits and tried to give him some hope of getting better, but his body seems just to have dissipated. He is on a ventilator now and for an excruciating week has been trying to decide whether or not to come off. Prognosis for him to survive and have any quality of life that does not involve a nursing home is nil.

They are hurting, trying to Facetime with him to try to help, but even at 26 and 30 they are young to deal with this. Their husbands have been as supportive as possible when they have not even had to deal with this sort of end-stage situation.

What makes it particularly hard is that his sister and brother who are in the area have nothing to do with him. My youngest is suppressing a lot of anger about that today.

Tomorrow he is supposed to make a decision. My oldest will Facetime with him later today. My youngest did yesterday and said he looked so awful she lost it for awhile when she got off the phone. Worried now about my oldest. She always seems to be so collected but is actually my more sensitive one in many ways.

Sorry so long, just trying to put thoughts into words. I appreciate any thoughts or prayers for strength you can spare.

the imminent death of their father, my ex-husband. Sad time for me as well as I try to help them through this since they are so far away. They came from Montana and Washington State (one with an 11-month-old) in April and visited, tried to lift his spirits and tried to give him some hope of getting better, but his body seems just to have dissipated. He is on a ventilator now and for an excruciating week has been trying to decide whether or not to come off. Prognosis for him to survive and have any quality of life that does not involve a nursing home is nil.

They are hurting, trying to Facetime with him to try to help, but even at 26 and 30 they are young to deal with this. Their husbands have been as supportive as possible when they have not even had to deal with this sort of end-stage situation.

What makes it particularly hard is that his sister and brother who are in the area have nothing to do with him. My youngest is suppressing a lot of anger about that today.

Tomorrow he is supposed to make a decision. My oldest will Facetime with him later today. My youngest did yesterday and said he looked so awful she lost it for awhile when she got off the phone. Worried now about my oldest. She always seems to be so collected but is actually my more sensitive one in many ways.

Sorry so long, just trying to put thoughts into words. I appreciate any thoughts or prayers for strength you can spare.

So sorry to hear about this, Chick, Obviously a very difficult situation., Hope things are resolved as best they can be - you got it.

Reactions: chick75
so sorry to hear & forgive my bad memory but i was under the impression that met both of you @ a bowl viewing party in surfside over xmas holidays, 2005. there was a camden group there ( big-un also), or maybe just your ex saying sometime he posted using yer handle??? did he also teach? I have always fallen under that impression it was you since you list camden as hometown on page.

So very sorry. I have a friend whose mother just went into the hospital a few hours ago and not expected to make it. This lady is in her 90's...but it is so sad to lose someone at any age. Prayers for your family and your daughters' father. My father died when I was in my 20s and I will always miss him.

so sorry to hear & forgive my bad memory but i was under the impression that met both of you @ a bowl viewing party in surfside over xmas holidays, 2005. there was a camden group there ( big-un also), or maybe just your ex saying sometime he posted using yer handle??? did he also teach? I have always fallen under that impression it was you since you list camden as hometown on page.
Must have been someone else, COE. Have never done a bowl viewing in Surfside. Wonder who that was??

Check, your family is in our prayers and thoughts! I was just home for my Mom's surgery there a couple of weeks ago and almost lost her. God bless.
Salt

May the grace of God strengthen your family. Prayers sent up

You and your daughters are very much in my prayers as well as their father's friends and family. May God be with them in this time of need.

Chick, Prayers for you and yours are on the way. I have had too much experience with the "end stage" of life of family and friends over the last several years. There is a hole that gets created that is hard to explain. I pray that your family will find comfort in their faith , and that each of you will be there for each other during the emotional ups and downs that extended illness situations bring.

Chick, Prayers for you and yours are on the way. I have had too much experience with the "end stage" of life of family and friends over the last several years. There is a hole that gets created that is hard to explain. I pray that your family will find comfort in their faith , and that each of you will be there for each other during the emotional ups and downs that extended illness situations bring.

What Esso said chickee. Family is a very important thing. Sometimes as challenging as one could ever imagine in regards to simply keeping it together, it is still a very important part of what we all are individually.

My T&P's are with you and yours chick - especially your daughters. I went through that very challenge at the ripe old age of 25. It was totally unexpected and it is still in my thoughts on a daily basis. It was my father.

Like Esso said, I hope you and your family will find comfort in your faith and that you will be there for each other as much as needed.

Anna_Nimmitty

Watching a loved one die is a bitter pill to swallow. Making the decision on the timing is worse. The road to eternity is a road we all are traveling and I pray for all involved in your family. The Lord knows their pain so lean on him and each other.

Prayers sent. pray that all involved will feel the Holy Spirit during this time and find peace

Chick,I am so sorry that all of you are going through this. You and your family are in my prayers.

Chick75, I know this is a tough time for you and your daughters, but I continue to pray that there will be a resolution that will be the best for all. May God bless.

What do the Dr. say?
The doctors want to send him somewhere that specializes in people on ventilators. My daughters are concerned with quality of life when and if he gets off of the vent. Nothing has come out in the past few days. They keep saying he can't live off the vent yet want to take him off. They feel as if they are watching a tennis match. Just very stressful.

I didn't know there are hospitals that specializes in ventilator patients. If he is on a ventilator and feeding tube it seems like just moving him would be a gamble. I feel your confusion because I have lived it with my late wife. She passed a little over two years ago from leukemia and I faced the same nightmare. She never was on a vent but a feeding tube and oxygen. It might be a situation you have no control over the result. What would he want? Ask God to make the call like I did. Good luck and know that whatever decision is made will be the right one.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT