ADVERTISEMENT

Poll: Do you like the new board?

Do you like the new board?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dmmarin

Feb 2, 2005
Just wondering the thoughts of the board....

Seemed to be some VERY upset thread view guys earlier. Like their entire year is ruined upset.

I like it but liked the old one better. I keep having to login and the people who set up the new system were/are supposed to be smart. Each post takes up too much space with all the poster info.

Just like any change, it will take some getting used to. Looks pretty good though.

The more I use/visit it, the more I like it.

I miss some of the feature the old board had but some of the new features are great.

When 56% of the users like the new forum, that's NOT a resounding "he!! yeah" response to the question. Initially, it was more of a 50/50 vote, but I guess a few users have changed, or maybe some new people who hadn't yet seen it voted?

I don't like it, but mostly because my older droid phone has trouble making it format correctly or work properly, Chris says to change to a different browser. Why can't they fix their software so all us users with droid phones don't have to change browsers?? I shouldn't have to change it, my browser works with every other mobile site I use it on.

i was a well known member then went back to active member.....made no sense to me....im indifferent to the new board

I'm getting use to it. I still liked the old one better. One problem I'm having is that the new board will sometimes overwhelm my first generation I-Pad and shut it down.

Why can't they fix their software so all us users with droid phones don't have to change browsers?? I shouldn't have to change it, my browser works with every other mobile site I use it on.

And they could ask why should they have to cater to folks with older, possibly obsolete, hardware/software.

Seemed to be some VERY upset thread view guys earlier. Like their entire year is ruined upset.
Don't know what a "Silver member" is but if Supercock1984 with his 3 months o

Don't know what a "Silver member" is but if Supercock1984 with his 3 months of ridiculous posts is one then it can't mean much.

Reactions: PersonallyFowl
OK - FGF don't get paid unless it's "New and Improved". What's up with FGF/Rivals/ESPN and light grey? Is this an environmental statement? Maybe religious? Maybe ???? (stupid colors deserve stupid questions). Let's all call Ted Cruz and demand our Second Amendment right to read sports. I'll go and take my prozac now.

I voted no. I am a thread guy and I am trying very hard to adjust. I have about 7 months before my annual subscription will be due. After many years I will move on unless somehow someway I can adjust which I will try. I will say it will take a great effort on my part as right now because of my dislike I'm not coming to the board near as much as I use to. To the ones that voted yes, good deal and hopefully I can vote that way at some point.

Reactions: garnet blood
JJQ

I voted no. I am a thread guy and I am trying very hard to adjust. I have about 7 months before my annual subscription will be due. After many years I will move on unless somehow someway I can adjust which I will try. I will say it will take a great effort on my part as right now because of my dislike I'm not coming to the board near as much as I use to. To the ones that voted yes, good deal and hopefully I can vote that way at some point.

I'm with you. Feel like I moved into a new neighborhood. With old format, good or bad, it seemed easier to recognize posters. Just me I guess.

Reactions: garnet blood
I'm in the same boat...and i've been a member since 2001 (paying member for lord knows how long....). One thing that might help you... from the main forum page click the column Start Date until the arrow points down. That seems to be the closest to thread view that we'll get in this new format. I'm glad that the software updated for the admins, mods, etc...but if the software was truly legit then it would have a setting to mimic the old views. I honestly haven't felt TIF is a good deal lately and the board change just feels so bad. I'm no tech newbie...i browse reddit almost all day on PC and mobile...but too much real estate per post and the poor formatting (it's almost like they are begging to put sponsors or FB/twitter/pinterest/etc links in all the white space soon) and the constant bumping of threads i have absolutely no interest in... I think this is my last off-season on GCC.

Last edited:
I love it. The old board was seriously outdated.

Voted no because I don't like contrast. Grey words on light grey background giving me a headache after about 20 minutes. Black letters makes the words a lot more legible to my sad old eyes. Anybody else thinks this looks better than the grey letters??

Reactions: Cutlass275
Voted no because I don't like contrast. Grey words on light grey background giving me a headache after about 20 minutes. Black letters makes the words a lot more legible to my sad old eyes. Anybody else thinks this looks better than the grey letters??

Man I thought it was just my old worn out eyes. I looked at 4 other schools boards and they were all easy on the eyes. I think Miss St was the only bad one, and it's gray also. Pass the Advil please.

I just re upped. If I had not I probably would not. I am (before someone else says it) an "old fart" and not too fond of change.

I will probably not re join next year.There are several other sites where I can get most of the information I need. Between them and the FGF, I wll get what I need a lot cheaper.

Since I'm at it, the member info on the left side is hard to see also.

Yep, it's hard to see who's making a post, unless they have a unique avatar you can readily recognize.

As for my subscription, I'm about 99.9% certain that I will not renew it when it runs out next December. This new software just doesn't work well my droid smartphone, I'm not upgrading my phone just for that reason and I'm not paying for a service that I can't get maximum use out of either. Besides, I think I'd rather slum with the bums here on the free site. :p :D:)

As of now, 52% of users don't like this new site.

Reactions: Cutlass275
Yep, it's hard to see who's making a post, unless they have a unique avatar you can readily recognize.

As for my subscription, I'm about 99.9% certain that I will not renew it when it runs out next December. This new software just doesn't work well my droid smartphone, I'm not upgrading my phone just for that reason and I'm not paying for a service that I can't get maximum use out of either. Besides, I think I'd rather slum with the bums here on the free site. :p :D:)

I may do some bum slumming too .

You do realize people can vote over and over in each poll, right?

It doesn't lock you out once you've made your vote as every other board on the planet that allows user created polls. Oh no...another issue for people to cry and whine about.

The old board was stone age. Good lord. So many over here made fun of TigerNet but we had the same thing.

I really like this new board. Maybe it's because I usually post from my cell phone but this new board is ten times better than the old one. By the way, I'm 52 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT