ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: extra regular season games for everyone, or an extended playoff?

Which would you rather have, an extra 1 or 2 weeks of Gamecocks games, or an expanded playoff?

• I want to see us play!

Votes: 44 60.3%
  • I want to watch teams we don't care about get extra $$ and exposure that we won't get.

Votes: 29 39.7%

• Total voters

CaliCock

Feb 5, 2003
If you think we should have more games, I don''t see what the problem should be with just giving EVERYONE more games, and not just the elite teams even more money and exposure that the rest of college football can't get. So honest question, what would you rather see? More Gamecocks games, or more playoff games that we aren't in?

Didn't like the way this question was posed. Not really crazy about one or two extra games if we're not making the playoffs. But an extended playoff field would surely be much better. I don't see why they can't design an 8 team playoff system at the very least.
So I didn't cast a vote either way on this question.

extend the playoffs......more teams.....at least 8....screw these bowl games....im sick of em

If you think we should have more games, I don''t see what the problem should be with just giving EVERYONE more games, and not just the elite teams even more money and exposure that the rest of college football can't get. So honest question, what would you rather see? More Gamecocks games, or more playoff games that we aren't in?

The playoff and schedule are fine the way they are.

Even a 8 game playoff is a waste of a round. College football is top heavy. Always has been, always will be. Eight just gives an upstart a chance to pull an upset then get bounced by one of the usual suspects (Bama, OSU, OU, So Cal, Michigan, etc.).

I'm OK with the 4 team playoff we have now. The regular season still matters. Anything greater than that and you'll end up with 2 or 3 loss teams earning their way in.

As for Cali's wording of the poll, not only do I not care little about watching teams who aren't us, I care even less about watching said games when they start at almost 9pm Eastern time on a work-night. And if the Gamecocks somehow do make it to the national championship game someday, I'd actually like to be there to see it - something that was actually possible when we had a month to plan a trip to New Orleans, Miami, or other locale. It's a much less doable trip when it's at the end of a playoff on a little over a week's notice, especially if I already spent my wad (and my leave from work) on an SEC championship game in Atlanta and/or a Final Four game in New Orleans.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT