Votes: 20 23.3%
  • D

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • F

Votes: 18 20.9%

• Total voters

dmmarin

Feb 2, 2005
This was the first time Fox has covered a golf major. There were certainly some bumps in the road during the four days of the U.S. Open. However, they incorporated some cool features like camera shots from a drone and some interesting shading of the green to better show the slopes. What did you think?

Thought they did a good job. Liked the ball tracer, yardage markers and the commentators. Also didn't have to listen to the goof ball McCord.

This was the first time Fox has covered a golf major. There were certainly some bumps in the road during the four days of the U.S. Open. However, they incorporated some cool features like camera shots from a drone and some interesting shading of the green to better show the slopes. What did you think?

Since I play golf like a baseball player I like Joe Buck as an announcer. He seemed to bring the sport down to the common man's level.

Reactions: bashby33
Their coverage was God awful. They cameramen couldn't even follow the ball. The announcers as a whole were a joke.

They were better than ESPN's Berman but that's not saying much.

Reactions: ProtectThisHouseUSC
I thought they did a pretty good job - not perfect, but considering it was their first go-round, not too bad at all.

One thing I did like was that Joe Buck, Shark, and the rest of them didn't get all giddy trying add to the action. Kept the same tone throughout the coverage - it let the good golf action speak for itself.

Liked it when the Shark attempted an analogy using wives and ex-girlfriends and Buck looked at him in shock and said, "You NEVER put those two together!". It took them a few moments to gather themselves after that.

- The ball flight graphic: It gave me a better appreciation for just how accurate those guys are.
- The views from the drone -- something new and different.
- The contrasty view of the greens they did to accentuate the slopes. It really showed how undulating those greens were.

Dislikes:
- I am just not a fan of Joe Buck, even for baseball/football. It's something about his voice. And I think his golf knowledge is questionable at best.
- Fox's camerawork: One of my pet peeves with Fox is that super slow mo shot of people making emotional faces. They do it all the time in other sports and now golf.
- Some of the graphics had errors on them. The scorecard graphic didn't have marks around anything greater than a double bogey.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT