ADVERTISEMENT

Read on another board that Holbrook let go Gore and Koch

sclawman77

Jun 27, 2011
Sorry, don't have a link. Gore and Koch are transferring to North Greenville. Maybe Chad's starting to get tough. We had a MAJOR downgrade at catcher this season.

Last edited:
Sorry, don't have a link. Gore and Koch are transferring to North Greenville. Maybe Chad's starting to get tough. We had a MAJOR downgrade at catcher this season.
10 minutes from my house. Seriously we need better players and somebody has got to go.

What does it say about our talent that Gore was our best shortstop earlier in the year and continued to bat high in the batting order, if he is now being encouraged to leave?

Just two more promised the moon only to be "encouraged to leave." And you guys wonder why talent chooses to go elsewhere? Word gets around. Baseball is a small world. People talk.

What does it say about our talent that Gore was our best shortstop earlier in the year and continued to bat high in the batting order, if he is now being encouraged to leave?
It says that we have MAJOR talent upgrades at multiple positions on the way in who are expected to start immediately. We have been pulling from JUCO. A lot lately and just landed a guy who can play any position in the infield, hit well over .400 last season and had over 90 RBIs off just about 200 ABs! I was wondering who would be benched to fit him in and it looks like we got our answer!

Reactions: Ernest T.Cox
I am not surprised by Koch either.. Taylor showed late in the year he was more of an asset both at the plate and BEHIND the plate than Koch.

Reactions: Ernest T.Cox
Tanner is not going to fired Holbrook unless we have another year like this 1 next year.

Hearing there are going to be more leaving. I wouldn't be surprised if Buscher and Esposito are gone too.

Need to go through the pitching staff and make some changes. 4 or 5 of them would be encouraged to seek another school

I don't think Meyers will leave unless he retires (by his own choice).

10 minutes from my house. Seriously we need better players and somebody has got to go.

Jeff, I attended North Greenville Jr. College from 65-67 and I really enjoyed my experience at the college. Long story short, last September I drove down from Marion, NC to meet someone at the intersection of Hwy 14 and Hwy 29. As it turns out I was about an hour ahead of schedule and drove to NGU. It had been years since I last visited there and when I drove up to the school in September I almost didn't recognize the place. The Board of Trustees have done a wonderful job with all of the changes that have taken place. Man, it has turned out to be a first class looking campus. The Athletic Center is a real neat looking facility.

I really think Gore could have helped us in the future, didn't want to see him go!

They must have done something like Chisenhall and the other guy. It seemed like everybody played even worse when Gore was in the game in mid-season and both of them disappeared for the last few weeks.

They must have done something like Chisenhall and the other guy. It seemed like everybody played even worse when Gore was in the game in mid-season and both of them disappeared for the last few weeks.
Gamecock Central strikes again...the nation's top place for starting rumors that have absolutely no factual base. Please don't state something like this unless you have facts to back it up. These are young men who have not worked out as well as hoped for here....and are moving on some reason. What Lonnie Chisenhall did was attrocious and well documented. He stole money from the team. Fortunately for him he has overcome that dark moment in his life. But please don't put these players in the same context with him as to why they are leaving unless you have documented facts to back it up. It's an absolute assassination of their character to insinuate otherwise.

Gamecock Central strikes again...the nation's top place for starting rumors that have absolutely no factual base. Please don't state something like this unless you have facts to back it up. These are young men who have not worked out as well as hoped for here....and are moving on some reason. What Lonnie Chisenhall did was attrocious and well documented. He stole money from the team. Fortunately for him he has overcome that dark moment in his life. But please don't put these players in the same context with him as to why they are leaving unless you have documented facts to back it up. It's an absolute assassination of their character to insinuate otherwise.
I don't believe they were pushed out for sub-par performance. If so, that is another reason to fire Holbrook.

Jeff, I attended North Greenville Jr. College from 65-67 and I really enjoyed my experience at the college. Long story short, last September I drove down from Marion, NC to meet someone at the intersection of Hwy 14 and Hwy 29. As it turns out I was about an hour ahead of schedule and drove to NGU. It had been years since I last visited there and when I drove up to the school in September I almost didn't recognize the place. The Board of Trustees have done a wonderful job with all of the changes that have taken place. Man, it has turned out to be a first class looking campus. The Athletic Center is a real neat looking facility.
It's North Greenville University now. They added a few masters programs several years back. Big time, ha

I don't believe they were pushed out for sub-par performance. If so, that is another reason to fire Holbrook.

So because you don't believe the truth you make up some BS about what you think happened and spread it on a message board...real class act you are.

As for claiming that suggesting two under-performing guys transfer to make room for better talent is "another reason to fire Holbrook" -- BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...what the hell are you smoking?

Reactions: Conway Cock
So because you don't believe the truth you make up some BS about what you think happened and spread it on a message board...real class act you are.

As for claiming that suggesting two under-performing guys transfer to make room for better talent is "another reason to fire Holbrook" -- BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...what the hell are you smoking?
It's unfortunate that most who respond to the baseball situation only smelled another's jockstrap and never wore one.

Reactions: GamecockWarrior

When the truth comes out it won't be performance. Are you telling me Holbrook thought these 2 guys were starters for over half the season but now they're not scholarship players? If he is that stupid then yeah, fire him.

Last edited:
When the truth comes out it won't be performance.

SMDH. And let me guess...when what you believe to be "the truth" doesn't come out then it will be because of a coverup or some such nonsense?

Are you telling me Holbrook thought these 2 guys were starters for over half the season but now they're not scholarship players? If he is that stupid then yeah, fire him.

Have you ever heard of situations changing? Or starting guys that you may not otherwise start due to the fact that they may be the best available option until something better comes along? Please tell me you are not as stupid as you seem to want to claim Holbrook is.

It's unfortunate that most who respond to the baseball situation only smelled another's jockstrap and never wore one.
I have never worn a jockstrap. Does that mean I can't have an opinion?

I played baseball there 80-82, Coach Buford Sanders, what a eye opener after playing at Irmo where we had such good facilities and support NGU was like a step back, we had to bus to Greer for home games......but wow how times have changed....like you outside of Library and a few buildings I didnt recognize the place

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT