ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting approach by the staff

BT Gamecock

Apr 17, 2009
I see Satt has been recruiting with CSB quite a bit. If a change is going to happen, what's being said to recruits, especially offensive players?

If you don't say anything, you risk turning off recruits knowing that they're possibly joining this stagnant scheme. You chance losing some good prospects.

I tend to think that Beamer, being a man of his word, would be straight up and let them know the direction in which he intends to change the offense. He doesn't seem like the kind of person to say one thing and do another. Honesty and integrity are what he's all about.

I don't have access to any recruiting info/feedback, but you would think you would hear some rumblings from potential recruits about what's being discussed.

What do you think is being said?

I see Satt has been recruiting with CSB quite a bit. If a change is going to happen, what's being said to recruits, especially offensive players?

If you don't say anything, you risk turning off recruits knowing that they're possibly joining this stagnant scheme. You chance losing some good prospects.

I tend to think that Beamer, being a man of his word, would be straight up and let them know the direction in which he intends to change the offense. He doesn't seem like the kind of person to say one thing and do another. Honesty and integrity are what he's all about.

I don't have access to any recruiting info/feedback, but you would think you would hear some rumblings from potential recruits about what's being discussed.

What do you think is being said?
"He's our guy. We don't have the horses to run our offense efficiently right now but with you coming into the fold we will elevate our offense to where it needs to be." Glad I could help.

Wait you think Beamer is going into a recruit's home and telling them Satterfield won't be there next year, with Satterfield also in the room?

If Satterfield's head isn't on the chopping block, can we at least try to fix the offensive line, without which NO offense is going to work?

I still think there will be a change. Beamer is a smart guy and knows something has to be done. Ultimately it's his neck on the line if we continue down the same path.

There are plenty of good options out there for OC. There's no need to rush it. I believe they're trying to get Satt another job to save face.

Time will tell.....

If Satterfield's head isn't on the chopping block, can we at least try to fix the offensive line, without which NO offense is going to work?
I still think it's mostly the offensive scheme. This was a pretty veteran line and they looked completely lost most of the season. They need to simplify the assignments.

I wonder how many recruits have asked him about OU and what did he tell them? If I were a recruit, I would ask.

I wonder how many recruits have asked him about OU and what did he tell them? If I were a recruit, I would ask.
Good point, but aside from message board fodder, I’m not convinced that Shane is in serious consideration for the OU job. He looks to be full steam ahead recruiting for us. He may have to answer questions about his oc and offensive philosophy? Blabo and Skeletor may be being questioned more so as they recruit, in terms of the future. I’ve read that Skeletor has lobbied for himself to be the head guy at Oklahoma.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT