ADVERTISEMENT

Rich Rodriguez.

Perhaps he is the other unnamed power five coach that is supposedly on the list. His season is over and now that Herman is fine, he's the next offensive minded guy in our line.

Perhaps he is the other unnamed power five coach that is supposedly on the list. His season is over and now that Herman is fine, he's the next offensive minded guy in our line.
Unfortunately there are two sides to the ball. Arizona's defensive is putrid. I want no part of that.

The only canidate I would emphatically give a NO to. Failed miserably at Michigan, left WVU in a very cowardly way, coached very overrated and forgettable Arizona teams, not to mention sanctions tend to follow him and he's a huge ass. If that were to actually happen- Ray Tanner as AD was the worst thing to ever have to South Carolina.

^^^ this.... Seriously I hate Rich Rodriguez as much as I hate Clemson... I want proof guy.

Rich is a great coach. He knows the southeast well and a known name for recruiting. Wouldn't have to worry ab it being a transition job either I wouldn't think. That would be the only concern I would have with Kirby.

RR would be a terrible fit for the people he would need to interact with here.

If we are going after retreads, how about Tuberville at Cincy? He knows the South and SE, has won big at the SEC level and might still want a chance to stick it to some of these SEC teams.

Reactions: IrmoRed
The only canidate I would emphatically give a NO to. Failed miserably at Michigan, left WVU in a very cowardly way, coached very overrated and forgettable Arizona teams, not to mention sanctions tend to follow him and he has a huge ass! If that were to actually happen- Ray Tanner as AD was the worst thing to ever have to South Carolina.

What?!

Heard it from a sports radio show in Atlanta fwiw. Said Ray was in town to meet with him. That's all the info I have.

The only canidate I would emphatically give a NO to. Failed miserably at Michigan, left WVU in a very cowardly way, coached very overrated and forgettable Arizona teams, not to mention sanctions tend to follow him and he's a huge ass. If that were to actually happen- Ray Tanner as AD was the worst thing to ever have to South Carolina.
You completely summed up Rich Rod in two sentences. He is everything you said, and he is not what we are looking for.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT