ADVERTISEMENT

Sad News: We lost a long time Gamecock Central friend today...

Rooster Louie

GarnetTrust.com Member/Supporter
Gold Member
Dave Jones, who most will remember from back in the day, posted under the username "FoghornLeghorn" and later as "Foghorn", passed away today.

Dave was once a frequent poster and a good friend to many of us here on Gamecock Central for many years. Dave had a huge heart. I'll always remember the day he drove over 20 miles and brought me and my family a huge BBQ dinner, after a bad car wreck I had 14 years ago.

Please keep Dave's family in your thoughts and lift them up in prayer. Dave is one of the good guys.

Reactions: LShull9
Friends, I just went to Dave's Facebook page. Here is the last thing he posted, back on April 5th...

10174838_720796731313792_6549262124741881098_n.jpg

Reactions: LShull9
Remember him vividly, he was definitely a frequent poster in years past. A true Gamecock. It would be neat to have a memorial page, or thread, for usernames of all the devoted Gamecockcentral posters that passed away. A shame that someone as prominent a poster as Foghorn was should eventually fade away. Prayers and condolences to the Jones family.

Dave Jones, who most will remember from back in the day, posted under the username "FoghornLeghorn" and later as "Foghorn", passed away today.

Dave was once a frequent poster and a good friend to many of us here on Gamecock Central for many years. Dave had a huge heart. I'll always remember the day he drove over 20 miles and brought me and my family a huge BBQ dinner, after a bad car wreck I had 14 years ago.

Please keep Dave's family in your thoughts and lift them up in prayer. Dave is one of the good guys.

Dave was a friend of mine since I delivered papers to his house. That would be 1957. He and his friend, James Massey would wait in ambush a steel my bike, papers and all. Later, when he was living out of the region and wanted to return to God's country, I gave him a hand at finding a local position. As we all sometimes do lost contact over the last few years.

Dave had a great sense of humor. You could never be sad around him. RIP

Reactions: Rooster Louie
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT